Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:07 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by joede224
did my test drive yesterday.

didnt fill out a form, when i asked the manager about it he said it was in the computer and he "completed" the test drive there.

hopefully i still get my miles, anyone have a link to where i can fill out the form, just looked and couldnt find it on the cadillac or the aa website.
Same with me this morning. He did know I was there due to the promotion and checked with his boss then said they would handle the paperwork and I should see the miles in 4-6 weeks. I am not too worried. I can always go back to the dealer to follow up. I have his name and know where he is
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Same with me this morning. He did know I was there due to the promotion and checked with his boss then said they would handle the paperwork and I should see the miles in 4-6 weeks. I am not too worried. I can always go back to the dealer to follow up. I have his name and know where he is
which one did you go to if I may ask..?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Wife and I did test drives in Omaha today. Easy 15000 miles!!! Very low pressure.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:46 pm

To anyone who completed a test drive at a dealer:
What type of information was required to complete the paperwork besides the information already given when scheduling the appointment?
Driver License, Registration, etc
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Scheduled test drive with online chat. Showed up next day. Dealership had nobody waiting at front counter for good 5 minutes. Said I was there for scheduled test drive. They asked if I was there for the American Airlines thing. Said yes. Took a photocopy of my driver's license, asked me to write down my phone number and e-mail address on that piece of paper, shook my hand, and walked away. Didn't even offer me a test drive. Actually was interested in the test drive, too!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:51 pm

what a horrible job, GM

Got informed about this ofer via aa email.

Called up the number listed and 60+ minutes wait time like what other reported here was ridiculous. Used chat to register.

Dealer call never came. They claimed to have no information.
Back to chat - who called dealer and supposedly setup "info"

Showed up at dealer. Was immediately told very politely that you record has been updated to be "completed" and nothing needs to be done. Sales rep was not interested in spending any time, let alone answer any questions or offer test drive.

As I was walking out, sales rep very politely told me that in his 30 years in business, he has never been able to convince any Asian - and then he rattled up to make it clear - Japaneese, Chineese, Korean, Thai, Indian or Pakistani to buy Cadilac. They always end up buying Benz or Lexus. Oh well, at least he knew geography, was very polite and might be speaking the truth too.

The whole episode made sure that any remote chance of repeating past stupidity of buying GM car has been extinguished safely. Thanks AA. (though have a feeling that miles will never post)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
What the dealer does

Originally Posted by joede224
didnt fill out a form, when i asked the manager about it he said it was in the computer and he "completed" the test drive there.
Here's how it works: The sales guy at the dealer I went to on Monday
grabbed a pre-printed instructions card from another desk. The card tells him exactly what he has to do:

The sales person uses his dealer login to login at www.aa.cadillacpromotions.com with a regular web browser. If you've called in, your name should be on a list there.
They click on "edit" beside your name. Verify info is correct from info supplied on phone. Salesman enters his name in required blank and saves/submits.
Now back to list of names, he pushes "update status" button. That changes you from "in the system" to "test drive confirmed complete".
Done.

They can use the same interface to enter your info if you hadn't already signed up via phone. It was also clear the whole "make an appointment" requirement was a total sham.
Even though the instructions were on his card, if I hadn't sat there going through the steps with the guy, it would not have gotten done.
I'm not sure if he was being intentionally obtuse, or if it was his first time. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but just barely. He also initially tried to say I should have brought in a card or email with my individual invitation, but I was able to convince him I was all signed up via phone.
Reading some of the dealer experiences above, I have major doubts that you're ever going to see miles, but maybe your sales people were better than mine.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
I went ahead and called the 844 number this morning to schedule an appointment through the concierge service... 15 minute wait, someone with poor English answered the phone, I spelled out my details and was advised that the dealership will call me during the day to finalize the appointment time. I called my preferred dealership as soon as I got off the phone and they informed me they are well aware of the offer and no appointment is necessary, just stop by and drive.

In the evening I called the dealership back to make sure the people there at that hour knew what was going on. They did. I asked to see if my records were on file, and they confirmed getting my name in their system. Came in for the test drive about an hour before closing and a very enthusiastic sales manager came out and was going above and beyond what he needed to do especially after I told him I will probably not be driving out of there with a new Escalade that evening. He was very polite and pleasant. Introduced me to one of his sales people and suggested I really should take an opportunity to drive the 2015 Escalade because they don't always have them in stock and I'll be very happy I did. (I sort of suggested that since it's almost closing time and most of the electric doors on the cars inside the dealership were already turned off, I'm just happy getting a tick on my application and they can hit submit so I get the miles). But I had a pleasant drive. Love all the LED lighting on the new version of the truck, the dash is now a TV screen, which is interesting. But the drive is very similar to the Suburbans we have at work... which makes me think maybe I should have gone on a longer drive or on a highway to really see the magnetic suspension in action.

Left the dealership quite happy because they were incredibly courteous to me. Pleasant, friendly, etc. Was told that I should get an e-mail confirming my test drive and the miles should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Won't be holding my breath for the e-mail confirmation but hoping the miles do indeed show up.
What? You left the dealership without buying anything?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I guess if the dealer doesn't call you back to confirm your appointment -- which is what the 800-number clerk told me would happen -- the best thing to do is call the dealer?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by A_Reed
What? You left the dealership without buying anything?
I am in a market for a car just not a Caddy
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

It now appears that I am on the Cadillac email list. I'm taking that as a good sign!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I just booked an appointment through the ChatNow: https://chat.cadillac.com/cadillac/

It was painless to get an appointment booked...Hopefully it works out.

DB
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by dchai
To anyone who completed a test drive at a dealer:
What type of information was required to complete the paperwork besides the information already given when scheduling the appointment?
Driver License, Registration, etc
Originally Posted by dboydwpi
I just booked an appointment through the ChatNow: https://chat.cadillac.com/cadillac/

It was painless to get an appointment booked...Hopefully it works out.

DB
Welcome to flyertalk, dchai and dboydwpi!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:19 am

My wife and I have appointments MOnday around noon at our local dealership. I booked both our appointments via the chat function online. So when we show up at the dealership, what should I look for to ensure the salesman takes the proper steps to get us those miles?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Air, American Airlines, SWA RapidRewards
I did my drive yesterday.

Dealer didnt call to confirm, but they had my info there and submitted everything online with their directions from Cadillac and AA.

Drove the CTS 2.0L Turbo .. Very fun drive (in the pouring rain none the less)

Painless .. and very fun salesman (we were both into F1 racing, so talked about that)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.