[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Dealer was expecting us at 9:00 AM. Print-outs in hand.
His administrative assistant will post accounts as COMPLETED on Monday.
You went to the dealership today? If so, then we can be sure those who are already registered can still get miles for upcoming text drives.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:14 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
You went to the dealership today? If so, then we can be sure those who are already registered can still get miles for upcoming text drives.
How can we "be sure" if the miles have not yet posted? Sounds pretty promising, but no one can say "for sure" until it is SURE
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA,UA,DL,Alaska,Hilton,Hyatt
Datapoint

Called on 10/15 when the promo went live (on hold 1hr20min) and signed up spouse and myself. Scheduled my test drive for 10/16, went to dealer (Foley Cadillac Northbrook, IL) and told salesperson I wasn't in market to buy but just wanted the miles. Salesperson filled out a form, I gave my cellphone number and agreed to text messages (they sent me a test text while there) then they photocopied my drivers license, told me the miles would post in 4-6 weeks. Checked AA acct today and the miles posted 10/15 (which is odd since the "test drive" was 10/16).

Like others here, I'm wondering whether an upcoming test drive (my spouse has one scheduled for next week) would get the miles. Might be better off rescheduling it for today, to avoid losing out on the miles.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I took the test drive Wednesday and the miles have already posted on my AA account. Much faster than I thought.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:31 am

It would be really disappointing if upcoming test drives that were booked under this promo don't get miles.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Chatted on Tuesday. Had to take my DeVille in for recall, so we knocked 2 birds out with one stone. Went in yesterday for the test drive with my fiancee. Dealer had our info, test drove the ATS and left. He already knew what we were there for so no pressure.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Credit Cards
test drove last Monday 10/20 miles have posted today 10/25

thank you American Airlines and Cadillac for bringing me closer to the next Singapore trip whoop whop!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:41 am
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
My wife ad I took test drive on !0/23 and miles posted on10/24. Sorry to hear deal might be dead, but much thanks to fellow flyer talkers for alerting us .
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I did the test drive on 10/18 and the miles just posted today. The dealer said I was the second person in the dealership who was responding to the promotion but had a list of about 8 more people scheduled to test drive later in the week. Drove the CTS, friendly dealer, well worth the time.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 pm

Other data-point: I had an appointment for yesterday 10/24 (I pre-registered online on 10/21), but didn't end up going in after reading on FT that the promo was over. However, decided to just go ahead and go in today (10/25) for a test drive. I arrived and mentioned the test drive promo.

The salesman was friendly, no frills, didn't mention anything about the promo being over. After the test-drive, the salesman mentioned it would take 4-6 weeks for the miles to post. Hopefully, the miles will still post since it sounds like it posts a little after 1 week. I will follow up if I end up getting the miles posted or not.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited by jglenn16; Oct 25, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: UR, United MP, AAdvantage
Here's my experience: Registered via Chat on 10/16, said I'd be contacted by dealer for 10/18 appt. Never happened.

While out running errands today decided to call the dealer I requested appt. for, receptionist was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the promo. She asked for my name, scheduled appt. date, AAdvantage number, and seemed to be actually taking the time to look up/confirm my info. She asked if I actually want to test drive or if I just want the miles. She said no point in wasting our time if I'm in it for the miles, and said she'd enter my info as completed and miles should post 4-6 weeks.

In total, I spent 20 minutes (chat and phone call to dealer) on this. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:43 pm

Deal dead?

I scheduled my test drive earlier this week and Did my test drive this AM. No issues and friendly salesman. Was told the promotion has been closed due to overwhelming demand according to their info. My test drive was fine and I will be receiving the miles but apparently it,
's reached the limit.

Verify this for yourself as I cannot confirm the accuracy of what I was told.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:25 pm

I called the number day before yesterday for test drive next Monday. I shouldn't go for the test drive now since the offer is pulled?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

DEAD DEAL

Confirmed - http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aad-cadillac-offer.jsp
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
[EXPIRED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Miles posted. Must have been very popular to end so quickly.

Thank you AA + Cadillac!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.