[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Called yesterday to make appointment via the number on aa.com. The dealer didn't call and wasn't prepared for my drive. He looked me up as described above and confirmed my info. They also said I didn't have to test drive if I didn't want to. I did though because why not. I drove the SRX and wasn't impressed. He said the mileage credit was taken care of and I would see it in 4-6 weeks.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:09 pm

I had an appointment scheduled for today, at a local dealer (Renick Cadillac, Fullerton). Having read a suggestion regarding how to get the miles without doing the test drive, I decided to give it a try. Long story short, I talked to someone at the dealership Cadillac had set us up with (Renick), and the guy said "as far as I know, we're not participating."

I guess that is fortunate, as I am only interested in the miles, but when I contacted Cadillac to reschedule (the chat function is much faster than calling), the other local dealership which is participating is about 30 miles away.

I'll try the non-drive strategy with them, too. We'll see...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Originally Posted by A_Reed
Thanks for posting this offer.

Why can't Cadillac just do the Lexus offer which offered a free $60 Visa prepaid card?
When I stopped my local Lexus dealer(same dealer that I bought my previous Lexus
from, I was surprised that they now have a full kitchen in the customer waiting lounge.
A cook prepares hot snacks for customers waiting for service on their Lexus. I had a
3-egg omelette with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, as well as some Nova Scotia smoked
salmon. Why was I eating? The Lexus salesperson was with another customer on a test
drive so she had me wait. She said I could just take the test drive by myself, but why
would I want to test drive by myself when I can be accompanied by a hot ....?

Back to Cadillac, I would rather have $60 Visa prepaid card as opposed to 7500 miles,
but who am I to turn down free miles? Going to call them and get an appt tomorrow.
WOW - Which lexus dealership is that

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Data point

Chatted with a rep on the Cadillac web site to set up an appointment. When I showed up at the dealership, they had my paperwork, complete with my AA number ready. Contrary to some other reports here, they were courteous, friendly and informed about the offer.

Test drove ATS (not at all impressed), after which they had the manager enter the info into the web site and I was on my way.

If it works, it'll be the easiest 7500 miles ever. Thanks to the OP for the info.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deal now dead, apparently.

IIRC, there was no expiration date on the web page, so I was planning on doing the test drive tomorrow or Monday. I guess "he who hesitates ..."
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:37 pm

I chatted with a rep after they announced the close. Try it, they are apparently accepting stragglers for a time.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by BigLar
Deal now dead, apparently.

IIRC, there was no expiration date on the web page, so I was planning on doing the test drive tomorrow or Monday. I guess "he who hesitates ..."
they probably hit the max # of miles available for this promo

at one point I remember seeing this deal on the front page of aa.com so I'm sure plenty of people participated, surprised it didn't end up on Slickdeals
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:43 pm
Formerly known as kmht

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous
I took advantage of this deal this afternoon. My local dealer was aware of this promo but did not have a lot of activity. I was only the 3rd person to come in. I watched the salesman go to the website and mark it me down as completed and there were only 2 other people listed.

I am curious how many people actually took advantage of this promo?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I just setup my appt about 45 mins ago, now two different chat people said they cannot setup the test drive anymore, I was trying to get my gf to do a test drive also, just missed the cutoff, but i barely got in
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
I just setup my appt about 45 mins ago, now two different chat people said they cannot setup the test drive anymore, I was trying to get my gf to do a test drive also, just missed the cutoff, but i barely got in
Can you still go in and do the test drive if you pre-registered via online chat?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by jglenn16
Can you still go in and do the test drive if you pre-registered via online chat?
I am still going in tomorrow, the chat agent took my aa number, so I believe it should work that i am registered.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I called early Saturday morning and scheduled my husband and me for next Thursday. Took a 20 minute phone call. The dealership is easy to get to and about ten minutes away.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yuel
I am still going in tomorrow, the chat agent took my aa number, so I believe it should work that i am registered.
Same deal here (only registered via phone early Friday AM). Will report how it goes Saturday AM at the dealership.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:51 am

I called last week and mine is set up for Tuesday. Hope I don't have any problems as no one from the dealership called to confirm.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
No Problems - Pleasant Experience in Greenwich CT

Dealer was expecting us at 9:00 AM. Print-outs in hand.
His administrative assistant will post accounts as COMPLETED on Monday.
Got copy of Internal Cadillac Appointment form containing our Aadvantage numbers with his initials as my initial proof of completion
He gave us her telephone number in case I wanted to double check next week.

Wife made Test Drive as passenger - no problem.

No sales pressure. Pleasant Experience.

Thanks to the OP for the info

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 25, 2014 at 8:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.