Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help on what cards to churn

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

need help on what cards to churn

So im planning a trip on pr around 27 december 2015. My point of origin would be el paso TX im trying to get to reykjavic iceland for about 5 days then onto bangkok for a week with return to el paso. What cards should I churn in order to do this all based off credit card bonuses. What routes should I take? I dont really know where to start so any insight TIA.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm Reason: credit score removed
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Welcome to FT.

First, I would suggest removing your credit card score from your post. No one here needs to know that kind of personal information.

Second: Your trip is likely to be difficult to schedule, partly because you wish to travel to two quite different regions of the world, and partly because the dates you're looking for are in a busy period for holiday travel. Your first step is to see what airlines offer flights between El Paso and Iceland, and what airlines offer flights from Iceland and Bangkok. Then determine what alliance or alliances these airlines belong to. Your best bet will probably be to seek one or more credit cards with the chief USA airline that participates in the same alliance.

AA and UA offer one-way award flights at half the mileage of a roundtrip; DL and US do not do so, although DL plans to begin doing so in 2015. You may wish to try to draw on more than one program to book your flights.

Last edited by JPG3392; Oct 14, 2014 at 9:08 am Reason: Added a word that had been left out originally.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Please repost your question in the Manufactured Spending forum.

Thank you,

MileageAddict

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.