Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earn miles when ordering the Economist

Earn miles when ordering the Economist

Old May 17, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by kevino
Does anyone know if I can enter my BA Avios # on the subscription page? Thanks!
It's IB only. I created myself an IB+ account, in the US. The Avios will be trapped there for awhile, but I'll eventually be able to combine them with my BA account.
Old May 17, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Economist damn protectionist Brits!!! <<-- typed jokingly for my common language/history friends across the pond. Too bad AA ain't a player -- would renew in Oct t'were it true; that's also a full suscription price which I don't current pay either. Don't know where dollar an issue come from, more like $3 eh?
Old May 17, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
LOL!
Have you never heard of a mileage run? People on Flyertalk frequently make completely unnecessary trips just to maintain status.
MR is spending money wisely!!! Are you willing to pay $6K for business class or $3K? It's a no brainer to spend less for the same premium seat, plus retain the status and its perks. My sister and I are flying First and Business on OZ and SQ. I could not afford the $20K value for our tickets but I was able to book using the miles I earned through MR for about $5K.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:10 pm

Just subscribed using the link here. Thanks in advance guys! (though it could be a couple of months before the avios reach BA acct)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Air Canada Elite 75k, National Emerald Executive Elite, Hertz PC
Called Iberia, they said I cannot transfer from Iberia Avios to BA Avios. Anyone know how this is done?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheEmirate
... transfer from Iberia Avios to BA Avios.
I would research this question in the BA forum, perhaps in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-avios-ba.html
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Does this work for renewals?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:33 pm

Yes

I can get work to reimburse me for relevant professional publication. #winning
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:26 pm
In memoriam

IMHO, it is better to use up 3200 SkyPesos for a "free" one year sub to the Economist--which seems to be getting more and more strident in its defense of what it calls "free markets."

My free market approach is to use up rather worthless Delta Pesos for the Economist and save cash for other uses.

So far, I figure I have enough SkyPesos to keep my Economist sub going until around 2180!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
IMHO, it is better to use up 3200 SkyPesos for a "free" one year sub to the Economist--which seems to be getting more and more strident in its defense of what it calls "free markets."

My free market approach is to use up rather worthless Delta Pesos for the Economist and save cash for other uses.

So far, I figure I have enough SkyPesos to keep my Economist sub going until around 2180!
- Sometimes, they limit one subscription for customer when using miles. So may not be able to get the second year when using miles from the same account.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:42 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Sometimes, they limit one subscription for customer when using miles. So may not be able to get the second year when using miles from the same account.
Been doing it for years as has at least one of my friends. Guess I'm a serial subscriber (with SkyPesos!)
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Been doing it for years as has at least one of my friends. Guess I'm a serial subscriber (with SkyPesos!)
Same here. I've got years -- two at a time (short a couple of weeks) -- of subscriptions for multiple persons using DL miles. I miss the digital subscription being included with these print editions, but that just has me ordering paid subscriptions in LDCs to rack up lots of miles. Sort of buying 8000 BA miles this way can be worth it, but at $160, I'll consider alternatives even as I can easily get $300+ value out of 8000 Avios.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sort of buying 8000 BA miles this way can be worth it, but at $160, I'll consider alternatives even as I can easily get $300+ value out of 8000 Avios.
I find that the award pay part with cash offers usually value miles at significantly less than 2 cpm. So, for me, the Economist subscriptions themselves must have some sort of value. Back during the Value Mags days, this was not the case (I can't recall the precise math any more, but many of us bought Economist subscriptions for everyone under the sun).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:45 pm

I hope im not bumping an old hread here but it's now at 12,000 avios

https://subscriptions.economist.com/...eriaPlus/trpl/
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:19 am

Is it a good deal just for AA miles itself? Since Economist doesn't suit me much

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.