Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for bonus miles for payment of federal income taxes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Platinum
Question Any recommendations for bonus miles for payment of federal income taxes?

Does anyone know of any current offers for the payment of federal income taxes that would earn bonus miles on American, Delta, or United? I tried searching before posting but couldn't find anything relevant or recent.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Paying taxes per se won't get you bonus miles, as far as I know. But there are lots of sign-up/initial spending offers for AA, UA and DL credit cards that could net you some neat bonuses. You could peruse the MilesBuzz and Credit Card forums for links to these.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:56 pm

Suntrust Delta Debit card and then pay via one of the online sites like payusataxrs.com.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Suntrust Delta Debit card and then pay via one of the online sites like payusataxrs.com.
+1 this debit card is the way to go for taxes. There are rumors that it is ending soon, so the timing seems right here as well.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Paying taxes per se won't get you bonus miles, as far as I know. But there are lots of sign-up/initial spending offers for AA, UA and DL credit cards that could net you some neat bonuses. You could peruse the MilesBuzz and Credit Card forums for links to these.
Agreed. I haven't seen a "bonus" for tax payments per se in several years.

This would be a good use for the 10K spend 100K AA Mastercard. If one had a large bill this could net 200K bonus miles for a couple. Might also be good for the Chase BA card if one can extract value from the companion certificate.

If one had a six figure bill I'd recommend using several Delta Reserve/Platinum cards for the bonus MQMs if one flys DL. Star Alliance flyers would do well with the 1.5X United card.

Personally my tax bill is rather modest by FT standards for dividends and capital gains mostly and I usually buy either $500 prepaids and pay multiple times throughout the year or buy an Amex Gift card via Bigcrumbs cashback if I need to make a larger payment at one time.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The main thread on this topic is found in the Credit, Debt, and PrePaid Card forum. I'd suggest that you read there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-cr-card.html
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/
allows you to pay taxes and anything else with no fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.