U.S. Travel Assoc Daily Getaways 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Assoc Daily Getaways 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I tried to purchase the Alamo certs this year and the website declined my purchase saying I had already purchased. I hadn't. I emailed them and they never responded.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
I tried to purchase the Alamo certs this year and the website declined my purchase saying I had already purchased. I hadn't. I emailed them and they never responded.
Bummer.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:03 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by iahphx
A "delayed sellout" happened a week or two ago on some other deal. Somebody mentioned something about a trick to keep the offers in the cart. Seemed dubious to me -- as it would seem to require a risky "re-buying" while others would still be furiously re-clicking -- but who knows. If folks are writing scripts, folks are probably doing other tricks, too. For the rest of us, it's a good thing the stakes are low. If you want a deal, you're better off spending your time doing MS on a credit card.
I still suspect that the offers are released gradually over the hour. I got one of the rare (only 15 offered) Hyatt packages nearly half an hour into the sale. I don't see how else that could have happened.

If Hyatt arranged for the delayed release, kudos to them. They helped improve the odds for the persistent buyer who is not using automation software.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by nsx
I still suspect that the offers are released gradually over the hour. I got one of the rare (only 15 offered) Hyatt packages nearly half an hour into the sale. I don't see how else that could have happened.

If Hyatt arranged for the delayed release, kudos to them. They helped improve the odds for the persistent buyer who is not using automation software.
Or a purchaser's or some purchasers' transactions fell through?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:14 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Firewind
Or a purchaser's or some purchasers' transactions fell through?
That would not have taken 30 minutes to happen. It would have been the ordinary purchase time limit (7 minutes?).
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks. That was actually as much a ping to see if anyone knows if deals go back into inventory if transactions fail. The answer may be a ways back upthread, and I was trying to be not-too-obviously lazy.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:11 pm

Did anybody purchase the Marriott gift card / certificate in early June? I think it was around June 10th.

I lost my confirmation email and to be honest I'm not sure what happened with my certificate. For some reason I feel like I applied it to my marriott account but I can't find it on there. Does anybody remember what the process was, or maybe have a sample confirmation email? I need to know who to contact (either daily getaways or marriott) since I purchased a $500 card.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:23 pm

If you have not received your Marriott eGiftCard within 10 business days of purchase, please contact a Marriott Customer Service Manager at 801-468-4167, or email [email protected].

Originally Posted by TheAJ
Did anybody purchase the Marriott gift card / certificate in early June? I think it was around June 10th.

I lost my confirmation email and to be honest I'm not sure what happened with my certificate. For some reason I feel like I applied it to my marriott account but I can't find it on there. Does anybody remember what the process was, or maybe have a sample confirmation email? I need to know who to contact (either daily getaways or marriott) since I purchased a $500 card.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by TheAJ

The email confirmation came for me on 6/11. If that helps you in researching your old emails. The email was from Marriott not daily getaways.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:13 pm

I purchased a couple alamo certificates but haven't used them yet , anyone have any idea when these things expire ?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by MRTHNMAN
I purchased a couple alamo certificates but haven't used them yet , anyone have any idea when these things expire ?
My newest certificates don't have an expiration but I looked at some of my older, used ones, and they expired December 31 of the following year.

So the ones we purchased this year, should be good until Dec 31 of 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.