Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 2,000 UR Points for $12 via The WSJ

[EXPIRED] 2,000 UR Points for $12 via The WSJ

Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by Tailgater
I've had WSJ delivery since early Jan, 2014.

I can't believe what a deal this offer is! 12 weeks for for under $20? Wow. If I get points posted it will be fantastic!

Copies of WSF run $2.00 each retail. I comp my copy everyday at work. I've even grown accustomed to the in-depth articles. It's a great Nat'l newspaper. Incredible deal.
Yes. I really enjoy the WSJ. Wish I could get it for under $15/mo as I would keep it. Really enjoy the insight and articles. Assuming I keep the points, I look at it as getting them for free!!!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, lots of points, & timeshares I got for free. To talk travel deals, PM me!
This sounds like a good deal for me. I enjoy reading the occasional WSJ article, and my two cats are very fond of its absorbency. This would keep them in top-quality litter box liner for many months (which, considering they are both over nineteen years old, might work out to a lifetime supply.)
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
since people are worried about having them clawed back, why not pay for 1 month after it ends and then cancel half-way in to the month you paid for.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ac921ol
since people are worried about having them clawed back, why not pay for 1 month after it ends and then cancel half-way in to the month you paid for.
Because then the points are worth less than what you're paying.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Because then the points are worth less than what you're paying.
Either way, it's worth it!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
I've had WSJ delivery since early Jan, 2014.

I can't believe what a deal this offer is! 12 weeks for for under $20? Wow. If I get points posted it will be fantastic!

Copies of WSF run $2.00 each retail. I comp my copy everyday at work. I've even grown accustomed to the in-depth articles. It's a great Nat'l newspaper. Incredible deal.
You can get the WSJ delivered free on an ongoing basis via Rewards Gold. I've done this for a couple years straight. For example, here's the current 39-week free offer: http://www.rewardsgold.com/mags/wsj/tgs_wsj_pg4-39.htm

Lesson: Don't do this offer because you perceive the WSJ to be part of the deal. You can get that free. Spend the $12 and deal with cancellation for the points only.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
While we are on the subject of the WSJ..

Via e-bay I got 9 months for $30.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
While we are on the subject of the WSJ..

Via e-bay I got 9 months for $30.
Why pay a penny? What's the advantage?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mooper
Why pay a penny? What's the advantage?
Because the "freebies" aren't always free or always work or someone might not want to deal with the special requirements. Just another cheap option.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Because the "freebies" aren't always free or always work or someone might not want to deal with the special requirements. Just another cheap option.
What's the downside to the RewardsGold option (especially considering you don't need to use your real email, you don't need to submit a credit card nor any other form of payment, etc.) that would make another option worth even $1 more, let alone $30?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
You can get the WSJ delivered free on an ongoing basis via Rewards Gold. I've done this for a couple years straight. For example, here's the current 39-week free offer: http://www.rewardsgold.com/mags/wsj/tgs_wsj_pg4-39.htm

Lesson: Don't do this offer because you perceive the WSJ to be part of the deal. You can get that free. Spend the $12 and deal with cancellation for the points only.
I went to that link, see that it's for new subscribers only and 4500 points (what's that?) or so? Oh well, I'm still very happy with the peanut payment for 12 weeks. Maybe I'll even get the CR bonus points

Either way, they're all super great offers. Unbelievable offers! We're only talking $12 dollars and that's also an incredible deal. Even though, as you say, there's an even better deal, I still feel LUCKY!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:19 pm

I went to that link, see that it's for new subscribers only and 4500 points (what's that?) or so? Oh well, I'm still very happy with the peanut payment for 12 weeks. Maybe I'll even get the CR bonus points

Either way, they're all super great offers. Unbelievable offers! We're only talking $12 dollars and that's also an incredible deal. Even though, as you say, there's an even better deal, I still feel LUCKY!
You are a new subscriber if your name is different
The points are given instantly when you fill out the form. Clearly spelled out on the page. Takes about 30 seconds and you're set. I've had the WSJ delivered for the past couple years by signing up for one of these each time they come around.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Is anyone else getting Welcome messages from WSJ around 5x a day?
Yes, 4x a day so far, and it's been 5 days since I subscribed. It's annoying, but obviously some kind of error at their end.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:18 pm

Anybody of late still seeing points within a day or two of subscribing? It's been 5 days and I see no points yet.

A related question: is there any way for them to claw the points back if I transfer this to UA before I cancel?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RemoteControl
Anybody of late still seeing points within a day or two of subscribing? It's been 5 days and I see no points yet.

A related question: is there any way for them to claw the points back if I transfer this to UA before I cancel?
It would be way way to much work for them to claw it back if you transfer to united. points should post, mine took a 2 weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.