Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 2,000 UR Points for $12 via The WSJ

[EXPIRED] 2,000 UR Points for $12 via The WSJ

Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:31 pm

Just signed up this afternoon, but it has been 5+ hours and no charge to my credit card even though the online account was activated immediately. Has anyone else experienced this delay? When I go into my WSJ account information it says there is no associated payment method.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
$12 for 2,200 points? I'm in!

Don't forget the 10% at the end of the year if you have a Chase Checking Account!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
How does 2,000 UR points=$50?
After the United devaluation (mainly convert UR to UA miles), 2,000 UR is like $25 to me...
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by jeremywight
True. I just put a calendar reminder on it today so that I know when to cancel.
And what if you are abroad when the time for cancel is there?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
$12 for 2,200 points? I'm in!

Don't forget the 10% at the end of the year if you have a Chase Checking Account!
Me, too! Deals like this don't last. I wouldn't be surprised if ends midnight, last day 2013. And also a 10% bonus? I think I have that coming, too. I'm new to Chase UR and like the flexibility to dump into several airlines to top off miles, etc. Plus, a signature and PIN card (sorry Target hackers).
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
yup, just finished signing up, used my Ink Plus card since its a business expense.

only issue is my brother gets the WSJ to our address, it states its per household or first time, hopefully they dont catch it. either way, Ill keep an eye on what they charge me and if I see anything, Ill call and figure it out.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I don't think you can buy UR points anymore. I recall reading someplace you can buy up to 5000 UR points per month but I just called and the call agent told me as of Nov 27th they have stopped letting customers purchase UR points. Bummer.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tailgater
Me, too! Deals like this don't last. I wouldn't be surprised if ends midnight, last day 2013. And also a 10% bonus? I think I have that coming, too. I'm new to Chase UR and like the flexibility to dump into several airlines to top off miles, etc. Plus, a signature and PIN card (sorry Target hackers).
Chase doesn't do Chip and Pin, just Chip and Signature.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Chase doesn't do Chip and Pin, just Chip and Signature.
Signature & Chip, yeah, that's right. I imagine both offer better security (and better usability in advanced European kiosks, dispensers, etc.) than the old school magnetic strip cards. But, I wonder, what are these aluminum RF secure wallets nowadays? Does this mean that somebody can hack my signature & chip card while it's in my back pocket in a normal wallet? Boy, these new chip credit cards certainly weigh more---almost feels like there's a micro battery inside but I guess it's just the microchip?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:16 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jeremywight
Currently available in the Chase UR Mall, 2,000 points for signing up for the Wall Street Journal pay by month.
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by etnograf
Just signed up this afternoon, but it has been 5+ hours and no charge to my credit card even though the online account was activated immediately. Has anyone else experienced this delay? When I go into my WSJ account information it says there is no associated payment method.
After seeing your post, I just checked as well and noticed my charge hadn't hit, then I checked my email and noticed that I did receive a confirmation however in that email there is a link to click to verify your account and subscription. I hadn't done that previously, so perhaps that is why. Did you complete that portion?

Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
After the United devaluation (mainly convert UR to UA miles), 2,000 UR is like $25 to me...
Yeah, I understand that. Depends on where you are traveling to but it is a bummer. I mainly use mine for flights to SE Asia and even the Y redemptions went up by 15K points

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
And what if you are abroad when the time for cancel is there?
Sorry, if you can't find time or remember to make a phone call at some point in a 3 week window, I can't help

Originally Posted by trigleek
I don't think you can buy UR points anymore. I recall reading someplace you can buy up to 5000 UR points per month but I just called and the call agent told me as of Nov 27th they have stopped letting customers purchase UR points. Bummer.
Wow... I just looked into this to confirm and got this page...

That is a real bummer. I have used this feature when I needed a couple thousand points to meet a reward, that is a big deal not being able to buy them anymore

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
You're welcome! Glad to help some others get in on it also!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:02 am

I would of loved to purchase some points... Bummer
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
confirmed the email, browsing wsj, and still no charge on my card.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
After doing the email confirmation yesterday my points posted today. That was quick!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Still no charge on my card, and no points posting. =(

Ugh, looks like I put in the wrong expiration on my CC when signing up, probably won't get the points now.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jan 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.