Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

UK residents: 1500 Avios from e-rewards

UK residents: 1500 Avios from e-rewards

Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:12 pm

I was screened out for about a week or two, but eventually I get accepted for a survey, and I got the 750 avios.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
I have both e-Rewards in UK and in USA - when in UK, using a UK IP address, if I try to access e-Rewards USA accounts, the surveys wont load.

It would seem that the reverse is also true - if outside of UK, trying to access e-Rewards UK the surveys wont load.

There does seem to be an exception - when in UK, if I get sent to my US account a "QUICK SURVEY" which is worth 25 or 50 points, these surveys will load and will get the points.

So those outside the UK, try and look for QUICK SURVEY should you be given the opportunity - it just may work, and you will get 25 points. That's enough for the 750 Avios reward. Good Luck.

For those in UK - this one was a very simple 1500 points for each family member account.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Can always use a free VPN tool to "trick" e-rewards into thinking you're in the UK.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by montezume
Can always use a free VPN tool to "trick" e-rewards into thinking you're in the UK.
I've only had a little bit of luck with this so far.

Anyone in the UK feel like taking 24 surveys??
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
I joined the BAEC version today but never thought of this, will sign up with Avios now! Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:54 am

10/14 on my household account so far. And 3/14 on the one I set up for my in-laws. Keep getting "Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you cant participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data youve provided."
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
750 Avios posted today in all accounts. Thanks OP!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by livious
750 Avios posted today in all accounts. Thanks OP!
Ugh. Issues combining accounts with different addresses. I registered my household BAEC accounts with our USA address but our Avios accounts with our UK address...

Last edited by AS MHT; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:16 pm
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:33 am

I had an HHA set up before registering with e-rewards, so perhaps that is why it went without issue. System does seem to be a bit buggy.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by montezume
Per some folks in the e-rewards thread in SPAM, the company is actually pretty good at sniffing out VPN/proxy server attempts to take surveys when you're out of region, so your luck may vary in that regard.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by AS MHT
Ugh. Issues combining accounts with different addresses. I registered my household BAEC accounts with our USA address but our Avios accounts with our UK address...
Have you been completely unable to transfer the Avios.com points over?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Have you been completely unable to transfer the Avios.com points over?
I'm having to convert all BAEC accounts to be UK based before it will allow me to do it. Hopefully the good folks at the coffee shop in Leeds will hold all my mail.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:10 pm

Geez. Thanks for the headsup, I'll just give up on the Avios.com points as I don't know if it'll impact me transferring Amex points in the near future

How long did it take for points to post to BAEC? I'm at 5 business days and nothing yet
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by AS MHT
I'm having to convert all BAEC accounts to be UK based before it will allow me to do it. Hopefully the good folks at the coffee shop in Leeds will hold all my mail.
Just for comparison , I was able to get the points without having a UK based BA account. Only the E-rewards account had an UK address.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:17 am

I'm pretty sure the BA account not being in the UK is fine, but trying to transfer Avios.com points into BA seems to require matching addresses, and Avios.com requires a UK address

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.