Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by rc408
You can change them in your setting to Manual Renewal. I did for the one I ordered.

Sign in to your account > Manage Subscriptions > Edit Information > Finally click the EDIT button (Kind of hidden next to the Subscription Information tab > Change to Manual

I hope this helps
Thanks. So it doesn't mean that magazines part of their auto-renewal service are disqualified? Just that they can't be auto-renewed?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by rc408
You can change them in your setting to Manual Renewal. I did for the one I ordered.

Sign in to your account > Manage Subscriptions > Edit Information > Finally click the EDIT button (Kind of hidden next to the Subscription Information tab > Change to Manual

I hope this helps
This. And delete your CC info.

I think people are over thinking the auto-renewal thing. I ordered magazines from magazines.com a long time ago through UR. They all are set for auto-renewal (until you change them) but the points posted without a problem. I really think the clause is intended to make it clear that you get points ONCE - not every time the magazine auto-renews.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I've just cancelled an order with several magazines after going back to see "more info" all are auto renewed. This is a bit tricky - have not found a magazine I'm interested that's NOT part of the automatic renewal service. Any suggestions?
My understanding is that the miles don't apply to any purchases that might get auto-renewed during the promo period.

The *new* subscriptions having an auto-renew feature (which will auto renew when the subscription ends) doesn't have a bearing on the miles earn, is how I see it.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Agreed. Its excluding points from future auto renewals not the initial subscription
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Can I simply subscribe to a magazine with 900$ subscription and get the miles instead of tons of waisted magazines?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by shocky
Can I simply subscribe to a magazine with 900$ subscription and get the miles instead of tons of waisted magazines?
You need to be careful because T&C stated that journals and intl publications were excluded from bonus. As always YMMV.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by TTTTroll
You need to be careful because T&C stated that journals and intl publications were excluded from bonus. As always YMMV.
Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that.

Seems that the journals are listed as "Print Journal Subscription" and the magazines say "Print Magazine Subscription" next to their "Add to Cart" buttons.

Go figure, there are country specific pages for every country except for USA. So no way to browse eligible mags. On each magazine's page there is a top frame above the title containing the country of origin.

I've found nothing over $120 that qualifies. For anyone with experience with Cartera, might it work with the "journals" or intl mags?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:34 pm

if you order and cancel the miles will be removed.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:35 pm

people magazine is over and the economist. journals and international do not receive miles
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:36 pm

you can turn off auto renew by just sending an email when you get the confirmation email, its easy
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by fAAn
Did anybody notice this disclaimer?
Please note these terms & conditions:
Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only (automatically renewed subscriptions are not eligible). Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Journals and International Magazines are not eligible.

99% of all their subscriptions are under the "automatically renewed subscriptions"!
it works on all magazine even the ones that auto renew. you wont get miles a second time when the magazine renews.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by jcook814
people magazine is over and the economist. journals and international do not receive miles
Yes, but the internationals are unclear. For instance, "New African" is NOT mentioned as international, but is from South Africa. Does it qualify?

Fair enough about the weeklies, but I'm avoiding too much paper consumption for my mailbox. Measly journals would've been great. I am trying to straddle the line between buying miles AND getting something useful. (e.g. Economist can be had for 3200 miles).
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by jcook814
if you order and cancel the miles will be removed.
They're supposed to be, or they are?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:04 am

is the economist an intl publication??
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL

is possible to get magazines into e-mail as PDF or somehow online? I do not live in the US (in Ireland) nor have US adress of delivery (they don't ship outside US I think) but I want to take the advantage of this offer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.