MileagePlus Shopping Portal 2,500 Holiday Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond

first post.
here is email i just saw.
spend up to $1250 to get 2500 miles. much more! spend than the AA portal deal.

Shoes.com is 21 miles /$ so i might jump on that deal! happy hunting everyone!

Here are the terms from website.
* Holiday Offer Terms: Now through 12/31/12 11:59 PM EST receive 500 bonus miles with every $250 spent online through MileagePlus Shopping; up to 2,500 bonus miles. Returns, shipping and taxes are not eligible for bonus. Please allow 8-10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. The maximum number of bonus miles that can be awarded to each qualifying member through this promotion is 2,500 bonus miles. This offer cannot be combined with other bonus offers. Increased earning opportunities are for a limited time only and at the discretion of each individual merchant. Please check site daily for updates to increased earning opportunities
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
My 5 purchases for the 1500 miles promotion haven't even show up yet. I'll skip then from now on.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:25 pm

Still waiting for my 3,000 miles for a spend. Ended up with over a case of wine and 21 points per dollar so either way I am happy but I wont be doing any of these unless the points are high.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I'm only seeing 15 miles/$ for shoes.com ?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:17 pm

eh, it's kind of a crummy promo. You're only getting an additional 2pts/$. The AA offer that just came out is significantly better at 10x.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA

Funny I believe it is the same company behind these portals...
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:57 pm

i have not gotten my prior promotion purchases to even track yet :/
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:23 pm

Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wise2u
Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.
Wish I'd read your post before I did the same 21 miles/$ on Shoes.com mentioned in the OP. They haven't posted the miles and gave me the same canned form letter. Even though I have screen shots of the whole transaction, they're refusing to post the miles. In this case, at least, the merchandise wasn't a bad deal or over priced but if you're expecting the miles, don't count on them.

Last edited by World_Traveler; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:38 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by wise2u
I must've gotten real lucky. not only did they give me over 400k miles on the 35x ebags promo, they didn't revise it downward for a couple items that ebag didn't have in stock.

OTOH, I am annoyed that I didn't get any bonus for buying meijer gift cards. i know the fine print blah blah, but I've always had success getting them when buying gift cards at staples.com.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA MP, DL Sky Miles
This particular bonus isn't as good as being offered on other airline portals or as generous as others in the past.

However I am surprised at all of the complaints about not getting miles and everything being overpriced. You can buy through the portal at many stores we shop at everday at the same prices plus the added bonus. The only one I've seen so far that isn't competitive is Shoes.com but even there I have done well with hard to find shoes that aren't always on sale like Kswiss. Knock on wood but overall I have not had any problems.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Made my purchase to qualify for the bonus by clicking through MileagePlus to Home Depot. Now craptera denies my purchase. Wish they'd tell my credit card that! No bonus, no points, just a debt on my card.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I must've gotten real lucky. not only did they give me over 400k miles on the 35x ebags promo, they didn't revise it downward for a couple items that ebag didn't have in stock.
+1
Not only did my ebags bonus post in a somewhat timely manner, but the shoes.com posted in full very quickly. [Knock on wood]
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:21 pm

Mileage Plus shopping

Mileage Plus shopping portal: How long after a purchase does it take miles to post to your frequent flyer account? (Sorry if this info is already listed somewhere -- couldn't find it.)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928
Mileage Plus shopping portal: How long after a purchase does it take miles to post to your frequent flyer account? (Sorry if this info is already listed somewhere -- couldn't find it.)
if promo is from a Cartera run portal like this....NEVER + 1 day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.