Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 14, 13, 10:47 am   #16

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by milaohu View Post
If you mean the 2,000 miles, same here.
I am waiting for the 2000 miles to post as well. All of my past orders have posted without issue.
bigasiannd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 13, 11:51 am   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by milaohu View Post
If you mean the 2,000 miles, same here.
Me too. I'm still waiting. Anyone know how long we have to wait or any email that I can contact them asking for bonus status>
travelbug2225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 13, 9:17 pm   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug2225 View Post
Me too. I'm still waiting. Anyone know how long we have to wait or any email that I can contact them asking for bonus status>
I just confirmation today that my 2,000 miles will be posting. Phew.
sfmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 13, 7:25 pm   #19
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmom View Post
I just confirmation today that my 2,000 miles will be posting. Phew.
Huh? What does that mean exactly?

Confirmation from AA or Cartera (AA Shopping)?

That your 2000 miles will be posting when? In a couple days or next month or half a year from now???

And was the confirmation solicited (you asked them) or unsolicited (you just happened to get an email or whatever)?

And, yes, btw, confirmation by email or phone conversation or what method?
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 13, 12:47 am   #20

I sent a message via the AA shopping portal with my order number asking about the bonus and got an emailed response confirming I qualified and saying they will post I think 8-10 weeks after expiration of the promo.
sfmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 13, 7:39 am   #21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmom View Post
I sent a message via the AA shopping portal with my order number asking about the bonus and got an emailed response confirming I qualified and saying they will post I think 8-10 weeks after expiration of the promo.
Well, the fact that the bonus will post 8-10 weeks after the expiration of the promo is not news. It was in the original T&Cs, and has been mentioned repeatedly in this thread.

So all that you really learned (that you couldn't have learned from reading this thread more) is that your particular purchase qualified (in case you had doubts for some reason).
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 13, 3:08 pm   #22

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMileMillionaire View Post
I'm assuming these systems use cookies to track like most link shares, and I'm guessing the software isn't 100% reliable on all platforms (depending on what else is installed and messing with browser). That is all I can guess. I've added 54k in AAdvantage portal this month. Plenty of orders. Not a single problem posting. Working fine for me and has been a great way to add to the balance.
Wow! 54k in a month from the AA shopping portal? That's a lot of $ spent.
mdpdjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 13, 6:09 pm   #23

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, US, WN; HH, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Marriott Hotels; Avis Preferred
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesinc View Post
So 2500 miles cap for each AA account?
That's what I believe to be true. I'm going to try to max out the bonus in my account first then continue on to another AA account of a family member. 2500 bonus miles in two accounts will be a big help toward a trip to Australia.
Open Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:07 am   #24

Just seen that Walgreens is offering 15x now. Does anyone know if WG gift cards will qualify as a purchase thru the AA mall? Can you still upgrade these GC in store?.........thanks
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:37 pm   #25

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, US, WN; HH, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Marriott Hotels; Avis Preferred
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Just seen that Walgreens is offering 15x now. Does anyone know if WG gift cards will qualify as a purchase thru the AA mall? Can you still upgrade these GC in store?.........thanks
No. Normally, GCs can't earn miles. But I would check first because there could be exceptions.
Open Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 13, 9:08 pm   #26
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Platinum: Starwood - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
No the t&c say no miles for gcs.
paradocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 13, 10:21 pm   #27

dont trust cartera

Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.
Old Nov 18, 13, 1:00 am   #28

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-HH-Carlson
I would agree.
While I have ultimately prevailed with Cartera-based bonii,
in retrospect, I am not giving much attention to aa.com offers any more.
I just wait and pick up 30K or 50K every year or two.
MrHalliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 13, 11:28 am   #29

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL Silver, PCR Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Well, I just did the 2500 miles one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise2u View Post
Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.
milaohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 13, 4:35 pm   #30

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
None of 5 purchases show up in my account for the 2000 miles promo. I won't be participating.
flyerwanabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote