Reload this Page >

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:49 pm

My regular points posted today, but not the 2k bonus points.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
"Please allow 8-10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account."
Since the promo ended Sept. 30, this means miles (if they post on time) should post in December.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
"Please allow 8-10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account."
Since the promo ended Sept. 30, this means miles (if they post on time) should post in December.
Well, actually, I'd say it means they should post by (sometime in) December. (Ie, it doesn't rule out them posting earlier, but neither does it promise them posting earlier.)
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, actually, I'd say it means they should post by (sometime in) December. (Ie, it doesn't rule out them posting earlier, but neither does it promise them posting earlier.)
Given that Cartera is known for being slow (and for not giving out promised bonuses), being patient seems prudent to me.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
Given that Cartera is known for being slow (and for not giving out promised bonuses), being patient seems prudent to me.
But is it Cartera who gives the bonus or AA? Ie, does Cartera do their own sweep based on their own data, or does AA do the sweep based on the data they already got from Caretra (when your regular shopping miles from Caretra got posted to AA)?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:26 pm
Company Representative

AA Bonus Miles

We are happy to hear that you participated in this AAdvantage eShopping bonus offer. As noted in the Terms and Conditions posted in both the offer emails and on the promotion’s landing page, please allow 8-10 weeks from when the promotional period ended on September 30, 2013, for the bonus miles to post to your account. This time period is necessary so that we can confirm all qualifying transactions (and any returns or cancellations) have been fully accounted for. Thanks again for being a loyal AAdvantage eShopping member.

Best Regards,
Cartera Customer Care
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:06 am

Still haven't had my Staples purchase post to my account, even though I've emailed them twice with all the details. Not a good first experience with a shopping portal...
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:10 am

This is my first experience with a shopping portal. I rarely shop online. Yesterday I used the link posted here for 2000 AA miles to buy things I would've bought anyway. Free shipping, purchase over $35of products required. Hope it works! Thanks for posting.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lanago2
I rarely shop online.
What is this, 1995?

You've been missing out, my friend!

Welcome to the InterNetz
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold

Hoping the bonus shows. As a result of the portal I learned that shopping online at home depot means my product is waiting for me at the front rather than going searching all through the store. So miles and convenience, yes please
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by doss1
What is this, 1995?

You've been missing out, my friend!

Welcome to the InterNetz
Hahaha! I often wait for stuff to go on sale that I use a lot then buy a bunch of it. If it's electronics, etc., I do it in person. I want to try on all clothes, shoes, accessories in person to avoid returns. I bet that of all shipped purchases, I ended up returning half from catalogues when I'd try to shop that way. I'm pretty fussy. Maybe I am buying less stuff these days? I'm so sick of buying more "stuff!" Well, unless it's while indulging my severe wanderlust. Your comment did crack me up.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lanago2
This is my first experience with a shopping portal. I rarely shop online. Yesterday I used the link posted here for 2000 AA miles to buy things I would've bought anyway. Free shipping, purchase over $35of products required. Hope it works! Thanks for posting.
Isn't the offer expired on Sept 30th? So your purchase made on Oct 11th would not qualify. Unless terms have changed and offer extended...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Isn't the offer expired on Sept 30th? So your purchase made on Oct 11th would not qualify. Unless terms have changed and offer extended...
The link has very confusing wording: "Now through 9/30/13". So one part of it implies it ended 9/30/13, the other part implies that it's available "Now" if the link is still alive.

Still, Cartera did say above (in post 111) that it ended Sep 30. So I presume it's just a poorly-worded landing site which is confusing some people into thinking it's still alive.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The link has very confusing wording: "Now through 9/30/13". So one part of it implies it ended 9/30/13, the other part implies that it's available "Now" if the link is still alive.

Still, Cartera did say above (in post 111) that it ended Sep 30. So I presume it's just a poorly-worded landing site which is confusing some people into thinking it's still alive.
I got the targeted promo but decided to stay away from anything to do with Cartera after the bitter experience with the infamous Month of Misery UA promo in Q4 2011. It took me 9 months to just get the measly 5K UA miles they owed me after probably over 50 emails have exchanged back and forth with specific reps. Way too much time / efforts to chase those from Cartera.

Good luck to those if they do not see their purchases posted in AA shopping accounts. Even if posted, it would still take another 2 to 3 months before you see them in your AA account - for 2K miles...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:48 pm

nothing in mine yet either. the normal miles from purchase posted but no bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.