Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Trusting Cartera is akin to trusting a Nigerian spammer to pay you back.
^
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by austin_modern
how long do the points take to post (or in cartera's case - not post.)
The Twelfth of Never
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:24 pm

I have not had any problems with Cartera, yet. We shall see how this goes though. I had the email for the 1,000 mile bonus but, I went through the 2,000 miles bonus posted here.

Reading how people have had problems with Cartera, I was worried about a recent order while they were doing the 9 miles/$ for sears in August. It posted with no problems in their "window" according to their allotted time.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:41 pm

Not really a good deal unless you actually really want whatever you spend the $35 on (even for 2000 miles). Cartera is sketchy and the price for 1000 miles $.035, is expensive.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Not really a good deal unless you actually really want whatever you spend the $35 on (even for 2000 miles). Cartera is sketchy and the price for 1000 miles $.035, is expensive.
That's true, but I'm sure I can find something in the next month that I would have purchased through UR market and pick it up through AAdvantage instead.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aresay
I was offered 1000 while my wife was offered 2000. The difference seems to have been that I had used the mall previously while she had not.
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Looks as though aresay is right.

I got the 2K offer--have never used the mall.
I got the 2K offer and I had used the AA mall previously but it's been a few years. So it's not whether you used the mall before or not, just how long it's been since you used the mall.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:04 pm

Hmm, two family members out of 7 Adv accounts received the offer, one for 2K and the other for 1K. I will probably try the link on this forum for 2K for all of our accounts and see if I can get the 2K for each.

Will probably just buy a Sears GC for each if I can't think of anything else I need.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, AP, et al
Shipping not included

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Are shipping charges included in the $35? In other words, if the item is $30 and shipping is $5, does that qualify for the bonus?
The T&C's indicate shipping, certain purchases and gift cards are not eligible.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:42 pm

I was heading to Lowe's on Saturday morning, so I just made my purchase online Friday night in order to get the 2,000 miles. Worked well.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Are shipping charges included in the $35? In other words, if the item is $30 and shipping is $5, does that qualify for the bonus?
Please read the T&Cs that I posted in post #5 (or the ones that come in the link in your email, if you got the email). It explains that not only is shipping not included, but other things as well (including taxes, if any, too)! Avoid reading the T&Cs at your own peril!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:36 pm

FWIW, I did a similar deal on UA Mileageplus (by Cartera too) recently and never did get the bonus. When I contacted customer service, I was asked to forward the offer email which I did immediately and guess what, never did hear back from them.

I got the 2k offer from AA portal, not sure what to think of it. $35 order is easy but to fall for the scam twice?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:13 pm

Anyone feel like forwarding me the 2,000 mile email?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I got the 1000 mile offer while my family got 2000 miles. I use AA eShopping all the time while my family never shops online. For me, it's a good offer because I can buy some early Christmas gifts or some items I need. Maybe I will divide up my purchases and claim all bonuses. Everyone could always use some extra miles.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snofy
FWIW, I did a similar deal on UA Mileageplus (by Cartera too) recently and never did get the bonus. When I contacted customer service, I was asked to forward the offer email which I did immediately and guess what, never did hear back from them.

I got the 2k offer from AA portal, not sure what to think of it. $35 order is easy but to fall for the scam twice?
This is just way too funny...now that the name "Cartera" is involved. I'm going to do the shopping anyway since it's such a good bonus. These things can add up. I mean, to try and get a straight 2K miles through Points.com would cost way more. Points.com makes even Cartera look GOOD (exaggeration?)!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:28 pm

Got the email but couldn't register -- "There is already a user with this AAdvantage℠ number".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.