Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Government and FF programs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Government and FF programs

It seems the DOT is finally going to do something to help FF members. It would be nice if they could stop the airlines from surprising us with no notice changes and other abusive policies...they sound like they have no clue and are asking for input from FF members. This is the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...583_story.html
It also sounds like they have no teeth to do anything besides document and pass along complaints. If that is the case I can't see much good coming out of government involvement...they need to enact some basic protections for consumers so they don't get screwed out of this phantom currency (points) if an airline wants to pull the plug on their program.
What are the basic protections we should lobby for? what are the biggest past abuses of flyer programs? What do we have the right to complain about? Should their be certain standards that all programs must adhere to?
Or should the airlines be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.