Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Old May 26, 2015, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by kdhith
I got a call today at work from opinionmiles.

They asked me to confirm my company and job title. Very odd.

I did my first survey in some time last week...I had probably not competed any in 3-4 months. Has anyone else had them call?
That's the reason I did not fill out that part of my profile. Don't need any phone calls at my work.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
That's the reason I did not fill out that part of my profile. Don't need any phone calls at my work.

Yeah, I didn't either, I don't think, but it asked me in the survey I had almost completed (was about auto service shops). Since I had spent so much time on it, I went ahead and entered the info. Very strange that they would call.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:14 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I agree that the 5 minutes of qualifying answers, before you get to the survey, are annoying. I quit trying because it seems that I hardly ever qualify for a survey. Yesterday I was lured into a pet food survey, but, alas, my pets haven't had canned food within the last 3 months, so I was booted off.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I seem to get booted from the surveys 5 minutes in more often than I used to. Seems to be happening more, so I have been doing fewer surveys.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by trainsplanes
I seem to get booted from the surveys 5 minutes in more often than I used to. Seems to be happening more, so I have been doing fewer surveys.
Agree!!

But sometimes miracles happen. Got one today for 1 minute and 50 miles.

And I qualified.

Now back to the usual....
Old May 29, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
So signed up to try this out. I'm ashamed to say I kept on falling for their trick and tried to complete survey after survey - only to upon completion receive the message "we already have enough responses". Happened over 10 times. Quite fraudulent behavior. Not sure what I can do other than e-mail them. I think I'll just stick with Aeroplan lol
Old May 29, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The Jet Blue version of the program now gives you 10 loser miles for getting bounced from a survey. The down side is you generally only get 25-30 or so miles for each fully completed survey.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kdhith
I got a call today at work from opinionmiles.

They asked me to confirm my company and job title. Very odd.

I did my first survey in some time last week...I had probably not competed any in 3-4 months. Has anyone else had them call?
I had them call when I first signed up, to verify my information is valid. I assume it helps with duplicate accounts, etc.

While getting booted after a large amount of questions is frustrating, I still think its worth the time. I typically get about 1,000 miles a week, and am over 50,000 miles since inception.

Tedious, sure, but I typically do them over lunch or in front of the TV.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've struck out the last few times I've tried it to take a survey. I keep getting an invitation to "Share my Opinion" which of course nets you nothing.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by trainsplanes
So it is not just me.. It has been happening to me as well..
Old May 30, 2015, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Finally qualified, though it meant doing a half hour survey about energy drinks for a measly 60 miles
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like you can refer people to Opinion Miles Club now. 30 miles for each of the first five people that you refer to it. Did anyone else get that email?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Looks like you can refer people to Opinion Miles Club now. 30 miles for each of the first five people that you refer to it. Did anyone else get that email?
Just got mine.

Can't decide whether I want to subject anyone to the same torture we go through.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
update and question for advice

If you don't want to get screened out, fill in and complete your profile. After I did that, I earned 4100 miles in 2 weeks and rarely got disqualified.

When you do, immediately e-mail them with the survey code (can be found in survey history) and demand %50 compensation or higher because you wasted time. usually they will give you 10 miles for the effort of e-mailing them.

As recommended by another user, just skip until you can find surveys that are 50 miles for 5 minutes. You can do max 5 per day and you'll earn about 250 a day in 30 minutes.

If you want to do MORE than 5, there is a way to accomplish this. Start some surveys but don't finish them. Then finish 5. When you are done the 5 it will tell "check back later blah blah". However, you can resume the unfinished survey(s) that you still have from that day and finish those. I tried it once and it worked and so I managed 6 in a day. YMMV

Problem for me is that I can no longer take any surveys. I always get the message that I do not qualify because of one of 5 reasons (already taken, violated terms of service)

Probably because I was using the same VPN (same IP) for both Miles for Points and doing the same crap on the Jet Blue version. The JetBlue version gives you a minimum of 10 miles per survey. You can sometimes rack up 100 miles in about 5 minutes of work. Just answer the question in a way in which you will automatically get disqualified. Racked up a quick 2300 points in 2 weeks without any effort. I disqualified for about 180 surveys lol and then got the sign up bonus. Their survey system SSI seems to have caught on to the fishy behavior although my miles are still in there and not removed, which leads me to believe it is only automatic and not manual.

Anybody have any solution to get my ability to take surveys back again?
Should I close the account and then create a new one? Should I call? Or have I just been caught and now no longer can keep on doing this?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:33 am

Took FOREVER to fill out the profile surveys. Asked me to fill out one profile, and then ANOTHER one. Then I finally got to fill out a survey that gave me 600 miles. Haven't had them deposited into my account yet. Total time took including filling out the initial profiles to finishing the first survey was about 30-40 mins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.