Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Anovice
All my miles were with Continental which did not expire. Now with the merger with United they do expire and will in December.

How can I take a survey to extend my miles?

Thanks,

Anovice
Sign up with opinion miles. Go to the United site. Under deals and offers click on mileage plus deal and offers. You will get the link to opinion miles and after you complete your first survey you will get 300 miles. The miles post instantly.

As long as you qualify, the sky's the limit.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Site seems to be down for me. Both times tonight I've tried to log in I got a 404 error.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Its sibling site (pointsforsurveys for TrueBlue points) is up again, but won't credit a finished survey properly. I'd just wait until tomorrow to try the site again.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Sign up with opinion miles. Go to the United site. Under deals and offers click on mileage plus deal and offers. You will get the link to opinion miles and after you complete your first survey you will get 300 miles. The miles post instantly.

As long as you qualify, the sky's the limit.

I signed up directly at www.opinionmiles.com

After getting disqualified for about 5 surveys, I finally finished a 6th and it said "Complete" and then "You have earned 300 award miles".

So it "looks" like I am good to go for another 18 months, assuming I do not fly. Now to the $10,000 question. When will the 300 award miles be posted to my United account?

Anovice
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:53 pm

For most surveys if you keep doing them, they post instantly. (or within 5-10 minutes) For the first one, I think it was 48-72 hours for me.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I just earned 30 points. Took a total of 30 minutes.

Survey entailed my alcohol drinking habits...
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:05 am

I have earned about 20,000 miles this year with Unites opinionmiles, but i have completed at least double this number of surveys only to have them say i was disqualified (usually for technical reasons) after spending lots of time. Its a tedious process. Arguing with them about completed surveys usually doesn't get you anywhere either.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by brettskyg
I have earned about 20,000 miles this year with Unites opinionmiles, but i have completed at least double this number of surveys only to have them say i was disqualified (usually for technical reasons) after spending lots of time. Its a tedious process. Arguing with them about completed surveys usually doesn't get you anywhere either.
Two months ago I completed a survey and took a screen shot that said completed. Of course it posted as not qualified. I wrote and they said a manger would look into it. I just remembered that I never heard back. I wrote again and asked if the manager had a chance to follow up. The miles posted later that day.

On another note I just completed my 3 month teeth strip survey. I will have received a total of $87 plus about 200 miles.

All along I thought it was United's opinion miles. But it was from Jetblue's Points for Surveys!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:11 pm

They're all under Opinion Outpost, which can get its wires crossed on where to credit the product tests if you participate in more than one of their programs. Annoyingly, my product tests seem to always credit to the Opinion Outpost mothership, which doesn't give me as good of a miles redemption rate at the child programs do.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
They're all under Opinion Outpost, which can get its wires crossed on where to credit the product tests if you participate in more than one of their programs. Annoyingly, my product tests seem to always credit to the Opinion Outpost mothership, which doesn't give me as good of a miles redemption rate at the child programs do.
So I'm not going crazy. Until today's last survey, I could have sworn the others posted to United.

Thanks for confirming that I haven't completely lost it.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:07 am

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
IP address checking

Unfortunately if you are out of the country, you are not eligible to fill out forms anymore.

This sucks, after all it is for an airline and they do fly internationally
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:30 am

Got it! It was a bit of a pain because I didn't qualify for the first survey so they kicked me out and the second one was LONG but...woo hoo!...600 sky miles! THANKS!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
This is a great way to earn miles. I'm averaging 300 miles per day. In doing surveys for 16 days I already have 5K deposited to my UA account. I wish I knew about it earlier.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriott, Carlson, AAdvantage, BC US Air, CapitalOne VentureOne
We appreciate your participation...

...but we already have enough responses for this project.
What is this ....?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:26 pm

They want a certain number of responses from each demographic group, and someone else from Ohio just finished the survey while you were on question #7.

Or it's the general screening out response where, say, you just answer that you don't have arthritis for a question when the survey was really about OTC arthritis cream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.