Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Points For Surveys is the JetBlue version of the site, and when I did a half-assed test with that site, it seems like it's 4 surveys between those two sites. Opinion Outpost is the 'parent' of both those sites, and I'll sometimes get a survey there even after hitting the four per day on OMC. (You can get United Miles at Opinion Outpost, but it takes doing a fair number of surveys to get them to deposit in 300 miles chunks)

MyPoints has United Miles- again you're not getting the same number of miles per survey as with OMC, but it does add up, especially if you also do a little shopping or hotel booking through their portal.

E-rewards has United miles as one of their redemption options for surveys. Their downside is that, save for certain special circumstances, once you pick an airline or hotel program from their list, you're kind of locked into only redeeming with that program, and United might not be the best one to pick if you also collect avios or something.

e-miles is a smaller 'pay per clickthrough' program that's owned by e-Rewards with the same redemption restrictions. It's good for another 500-1000 miles a year (or a few more hotel points) with little effort.

If you collect US Airways or AA miles, Harris Surveys also has US Airways miles right now.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by shawnshx
signed up today for a few extra miles. Is there a limit on how many you can do per day? I only did like 4. Now i am getting a message

" check back soon While you wait for a survey to become available you"

Are there other survey sites? I figured the more you do the more points you can earn. I have like 810 points, that's $ 810 bucks i saved in spending for those miles.
This Tuesday I did 6, which I think is the most I've done in a day. Not sure whether they have a preset limit; mostly, I seem to be limited by not qualifying for more surveys.

Sometimes when I get the above message I wait another minute and another survey pops up.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by shawnshx
signed up today for a few extra miles. Is there a limit on how many you can do per day? I only did like 4. Now i am getting a message

" check back soon While you wait for a survey to become available you"

Are there other survey sites? I figured the more you do the more points you can earn. I have like 810 points, that's $ 810 bucks i saved in spending for those miles.
If I'm lucky I can get 4 before I'm shut down. But unfortunately 2 has been my pattern before I stop qualifying.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:12 am

Unfortunately I can't take this survey because I don't live in the USA. I've tried it and it annoyingly does not accept me. (I even tried using a VPN to hide my ip address and it still picked up where I was).

Is there a way to take part in the UK? I've tried every single way possible and no way will work - even hulu can work on my computer.

Last edited by Owenc; Aug 16, 2014 at 8:46 am
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Elli
Unfortunately, one has to be a resident of the US to become a member - too bad !!
I don't understand why either as there are quite a few people who use United Airlines outside America.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by RHGA
Crossed the 5000 miles threshold today. Took me 2 1/2 weeks.
Ugh I would love to do this.

I have 8,500 miles and if I did this for a full year I could get quite a lot and get tons off a flight.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:27 pm

Been doing good up until yesterday. Started late in the evening and wasn't able to get to my usual five. Today I've only qualified for two, which is strange.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by westmassexpat
Been doing good up until yesterday. Started late in the evening and wasn't able to get to my usual five. Today I've only qualified for two, which is strange.
Weekends are slow.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by Owenc
Ugh I would love to do this.

I have 8,500 miles and if I did this for a full year I could get quite a lot and get tons off a flight.
I use CyberGhost 5 as VPN service and it works like a charm here! I did put a US mailing address in MileagePlus profile though...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by KrnGrs
I use CyberGhost 5 as VPN service and it works like a charm here! I did put a US mailing address in MileagePlus profile though...
Thank you! It has worked for me and I now have 300 miles but a lot of the surveys won't work for me!

Are there any secrets?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Not that I have discovered - I try to answer thruthfully but that does not seem to lead to a lot of surveys, and most I do qualify for take 20+ minutes for 50 or 60 miles ...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:01 pm

Complete scam from my opinion

I answered 30 or more questions only to have it say : "Sorry"

What a waste of time. Typical Cr$% from UAL . What a crummy airline
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
50 miles for a teeth whitening survey, AND I got the "Platinum Badge" for being a member for 12 months.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Originally Posted by toolate
I answered 30 or more questions only to have it say : "Sorry"

What a waste of time. Typical Cr$% from UAL . What a crummy airline
What other airline offers the chance to earn miles like United? Upon last check Delta has nothing and AA is affiliated with e-rewards, which sucks beyond belief. I'm lucky to get 500 miles every 6 months from them. I'm just glad United has this opportunity to actually earn a few thousand miles per month without having to pay for anything.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by JamieDee78
What other airline offers the chance to earn miles like United? Upon last check Delta has nothing and AA is affiliated with e-rewards, which sucks beyond belief. I'm lucky to get 500 miles every 6 months from them. I'm just glad United has this opportunity to actually earn a few thousand miles per month without having to pay for anything.
oh you do pay

with your time

clicking thru a bunch of questions multiple times only to be told

Sorry..

you sure do pay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.