Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:05 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Not only has this been an amazingly effective way to earn free miles, I've been getting a bunch of surveys lately that include product samples (along with a survey) to be mailed to me. If they show up, it looks like I'm getting a box of some sort of spicy Mexican style Hamburger Helper, a Gillette deodorant stick and a bottle of Irish Spring body wash and a package of new Progresso Artisan soup. ^

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
9871 miles from surveys plus 200 miles from an unrelated promotion a while back for 10,071 miles total so far in my Mileage Plus accont, which is enough to actually do something with, even if the survey program folds tomorrow. I don't generate revenue for United because of an inconvenient hub situation, but I'll deal with getting routed through Texas for getting miles with zero hard spend.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

As soon as I crossed the 10,000 mile threshhold, the well went dry. Not a single survey available for me since Friday. Perhaps it's due to the holiday weekend? Oh well, I'll try again Tuesday evening. If it's over for me, I can't complain. 10,000 miles for free is/was a good run.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 am

I had a few on Saturday, but dry since then for me. Weekends have always been scarce for me, so I'll chalk it up to holiday weekend plus end of month/start of month slowdowns a lot of programs seem to have.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I had a few on Saturday, but dry since then for me. Weekends have always been scarce for me, so I'll chalk it up to holiday weekend plus end of month/start of month slowdowns a lot of programs seem to have.
I swear using a different browser makes a world of difference. I decided to experiment - dowloaded and installed Opera browser. Now I'm doing a ton of surveys. Yes, I did delete cookies, etc. from the other browsers but it didn't help.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
I can only get one survey.. other kept saying Not match
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
This is getting frustrating-12 minutes into a 15 minute survey and lots of data collection, I got the sorry message.

I will try a few more times,then give up on this. It was fine in the beginning, but now it is becoming a time waster.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:24 pm

This is getting frustrating. My first day of participation, I racked up 660 miles. Since then, I've not qualified for any of the surveys. I hope they get some more surveys opened soon!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
As soon as I crossed the 10,000 mile threshhold, the well went dry. Not a single survey available for me since Friday. Perhaps it's due to the holiday weekend? Oh well, I'll try again Tuesday evening. If it's over for me, I can't complain. 10,000 miles for free is/was a good run.
MileageAddict (and beachmouse), your success rate has been relatively phenomenal. What is your secret?

10,000 miles would be ~ 166 accepted surveys at 60 miles per for the great majority. MileageAddict, you indicate that it wasn't until this threshold that you were unsuccessful. Or have you done many more than 166, including whatever caused you to switch browsers?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
MileageAddict (and beachmouse), your success rate has been relatively phenomenal. What is your secret?

10,000 miles would be ~ 166 accepted surveys at 60 miles per for the great majority. MileageAddict, you indicate that it wasn't until this threshold that you were unsuccessful. Or have you done many more than 166, including whatever caused you to switch browsers?
I agree about the BS about getting most of the way through a survey and having "You do not qualify" pop up. I think the company behind this website should see this as a major concern towards creating website traffic as I would think most people would walk away after that. Too bad they don't give some trivial amount of miles (10 miles) when you don't qualify or get kicked out of a survey. I'd say that I've had about 25 rejected surveys midway through completion since I started.

I have no idea why but switching browsers seems to make a difference for me. I use Chrome for my main browser but find that if I switch to Opera or IE, I'll be offered surveys when Chrome says no more. This doesn't always work and over the Labor Day weekend, things appeared to be lean when it came to surveys. As of last night, things seem to have returned to normal.

I try to get 4 or 5 done per evening. Most of them are 50 or 60 miles but lately, I've gotten a few of the bonus ones for 105 or 115 miles. I even had one a few weeks ago for 282 miles. Back when this launched, there was one for over 1,000 miles but I didn't qualify. There was one survey that asked all the qualfiers - age, location, etc and then asked me if I liked chocolate syrup on ice cream. I clicked yes and it gave me 50 miles...lol. Easiest survey to date.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:23 am

In my case, I'm unemployed and hit the site multiple time a day, looking for a survey 5-6 time on each visit even when it tells me there are no surveys available the first time.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just got 50 miles for a survey about credit cards ^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, MileageAddict and beachmouse. Looks like a definition of devotion. MileageAddict, you've done ~ 200 to reach 10,000 miles, beachmouse about the same. Only ~ 42 acceptable ones left to do for a one way saver ticket. Must seem like the home stretch. Then there's getting back.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:10 am

Talking

CMK10, your signature is hilarious!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Firewind
CMK10, your signature is hilarious!
Thanks! Though it's entirely unintentional. I put Electronic Dance Music (EDM) lyrics in my signature. If you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vozw18HiwM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.