Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yerffej201
AIRLINES
AA = Cartera Commerce
AM = Incentive Networks (Premier Loyalty & Marketing S.A.P.I de C.V)
AS = Cartera Commerce
B6 = Collinson Latitude
BA = Points International
DL = Cartera Commerce
DL Asia = Collinson Latitude
HA = Rakuten Loyalty (formerly FreeCause Inc)
NK = Collinson Latitude
UA = Cartera Commerce
VA = Collinson Latitude
VS = Points International & Incentive Networks
VX = Collinson Latitude
WN = Cartera Commerce

HOTELS
Choice = Collinson Latitude
Hilton = Loylogic, Inc. (Closed)
Marriott = The Database Group (Closed)

RAILROADS
Amtrak = Points International & Collinson Latitude

CREDIT CARDS
American Express = Discontinued, discussion here
Barclays = Cartera Inc.
Bank of America (Worldpoints Mall, Travel Mall, Merrill Lynch Mall, and Add it Up) = The Database Group
Capital One = Affinity Solutions (Reported closing in November 2013)
Chase Ultimate Rewards = Cartera Commerce
Citi Thank You Rewards = Cartera Commerce (Reported closed in January 2014)
Navy Federal Credit Union (Membermall) = Cartera Commerce
Discover ShopDiscover = Cartera Commerce

Note: Collinson Latitude, Points International, and Points.com are all the same company.

COMPARISON SITES
evreward
Cashback Monitor

CONTACT INFORMATION
Cartera Commerce: http://www.cartera.com/
Flyertalk: CarteraCommerce
Facebook: facebook - CarteraCommerce
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarteraCommerce
BBB Complaints: http://www.bbb.org/boston/Business-R...658/complaints
MA Attorney General Complaint Form: https://www.eform.ago.state.ma.us/ag...mplaint.action
Incentive Networks: http://www.incentivenetworks.com/
Collinson Latitude and Points.com are associated.

CLOSED
Airlines: AV, F9, US
Hotels: IHG
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated]Cartera & beyond: list online shopping portal operators

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Anyone have a problem with Points International and/or Collinson Latitude? I can never get points to post on the B6 portal. Ironically, I haven't had very many problems with Cartera.

EDIT: I just submitted a missing points claim. It just occurred to me it might be a time zone issue since my click was tracked on 8/22 at ~2:30AM, but the order was placed on 8/21 at ~11:30PM due to the time zone difference between the retailer and myself (I am in the eastern time zone, Rakuten is in the Pacific time zone)

Last edited by diburning; Sep 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Marriott vs. Cartera

Kathiel, re: Marriott mall efficiency vs. Cartera . . . Personally I don't have too many problems with Cartera--maybe out of every 7-8 purchases, 1 doesn't post. Lately it only takes one e-mail to CS to get it posted. Sometimes I go through Marriott when there's not a better source for me. I would say my post rate is about the same, no better or worse. Haven't done any in depth analysis, but it seems like Marriott takes longer to post.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Steph58
Kathiel, re: Marriott mall efficiency vs. Cartera . . . Personally I don't have too many problems with Cartera--maybe out of every 7-8 purchases, 1 doesn't post. Lately it only takes one e-mail to CS to get it posted. Sometimes I go through Marriott when there's not a better source for me. I would say my post rate is about the same, no better or worse. Haven't done any in depth analysis, but it seems like Marriott takes longer to post.
Thanks Steph58. My post rate lately with Cartera is about 2 in three, way too much of a headache. They argue that I used a code (posted on their site) or that it was a different portal. It's too much hassle anymore to deal with. Longer is OK if I actually get the award.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Originally Posted by flamingpanties
Is there a shopping portal with eBay as a merchant? Also, which portal has the most stores to choose from?
http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/sear...y=ebay&x=0&y=0
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:48 pm

*sigh* My order from BustedTees didn't track either on JetBlue's portal. I give up on them. As much as I'd hate to say this, Cartera is better.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I received an email saying that my order from Rakuten is pending. Hmm...

Last edited by diburning; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:20 pm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I added the AG complaint form to the wiki. I finally filed mine today on Cartera. The evolving excuses are an obvious sign of deception or at the very least total incompetence.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles & Smiles (TK0) and others
Aadvantage via Cartera keeps sending me notifications in my list that I'm some kind of big kahuna shopper now:

"Dear flamingpanties,
You're now part of an elite group of members who know how easy it is to turn everyday shopping into everyday earning. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you continue to shop with AAdvantage eShoppingSM - the quickest route to your next vacation!"

Are there actual perks to being a new "elite," or is it a lame effort to make me feel special and shop more? I suspect the latter.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:49 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Merrill Lynch shopping portal is closing in March, 2015. Are other Bank of America portals also going away?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
I know this thread is a tad older, but it just helped me immensely with the issue I just experienced with Cartera and wanted to let others know how this played out if they're facing a similar problem.

Long story short - I purchased a new MacBook Pro during a promo Skymiles Shopping (run by Cartera) was offering the end of July. The purchase was a little over $2k was going to net me just over 7k Skymiles. I purchased the laptop through their shopping portal which re-directed me to apple.com where I paid for the product, then picked it up in-store later that evening.

After a month of nothing posting to my Skymiles account I reached out via the 'Contact Us' link on the Skymiles Shopping site inquiring about my miles. From that first email it became a month long battle with Cartera repeatedly telling me two things:

1). My order was still pending with the merchant. (This was impossible as I purchased, paid for and picked up my order all in the same day so it was satisfied)

2). Cartera hadn't been paid their commission from Apple, therefor I wouldn't receive my miles until they do so.

Finally, after almost two months of waiting (55 days total) I sent a stern email to Cartera informing them that the non-payment of their commission from Apple was between them and Apple, not between me and Cartera, as well letting them know I'd filed a claim with the Attorney General's Office of Massachusetts, miraculously the miles were deposited into my account a little over 24-hours later. I found the link to the AGO in the Wiki above in this thread. Hope this helps others going through a similar experience.

Last edited by clr4t8koff; Sep 18, 2015 at 8:51 am
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:40 pm

Just updated the Airlines and Hotels part of the Wiki.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Just updated the Airlines and Hotels part of the Wiki.
Any idea who runs the Sears portal https://www.syweverywhere.com/?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:29 pm

Good question. I snooped all over the page, but I don't see any sort of indication of who the underlying provider is.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:50 pm

Any idea who runs the Swagbucks portal http://www.swagbucks.com/shop/?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:54 pm

Swagbucks appears to be a mix of different programs. I'm unable to pinpoint at particular one though. When I have time later, I'll see if I can narrow it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.