Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Discount on award miles tix when additional tix purchased?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Who knows of an airline that gives a discount on the amount of award miles needed for a ticket when one is outright purchased?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2013, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Midwest Express.

But that probably won't help you much...
Old May 17, 2013, 1:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
These may be called companion awards. Virgin Atlantic's version is described here:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...ards_table.jsp
Old May 17, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

It seems like the virgin companion discount is for using miles on the first tickets and the second, am I reading it right.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flatseatlover
...virgin companion discount is for using miles on the first tickets and the second,
I don't believe so because of this language in the terms, but I do not know which fare classes must be purchased.

4.4.3 [B]Companion tickets and free complimentary companion tickets must be for the same date and flight as that of the paying passenger. The paying passenger is entitled to travel in the same or higher cabin than that of the companion if required, however companion tickets may never be booked into a higher cabin than the revenue ticket holder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.