MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:49 am

I'm pretty sure BofA instituted the same policy a few months ago after people abused the crap out of it (someone did 12 in 1 day)... Although at least they offer a biz version as well, so this would really suck for Canadians
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:29 pm

Definitely need more data points on this. Someone on the churningcanada subreddit also reported MBNA not willing to move credit around in order to approve applications like they used to. Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw when it comes to the agents? montezume have you tried to call back again?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Might be in response to that a-hole who claimed he flew around the world on 8 Alaska credit card apps, or something to that effect. Then went viral with his claim.
Or, it could be the systemic widespread abuse of the program by thousands of applicants as opposed to one person
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Anyone know when the 35,000 bonus Avios post from the recent 50,000 RBC visa promo? Hit the required $9K on the 1st statement.

I called RBC and they said it's up to BA to post the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:11 am

Anyone know when the 35,000 bonus Avios post from the recent 50,000 RBC visa promo? Hit the required $9K on the 1st statement.

$9k..impressive did you use Square/PayPal to reach min spend?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:19 am

I happened to have 2 invoices due around that time. Couldn't pull it off at the moment however.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by flyer05
Definitely need more data points on this. Someone on the churningcanada subreddit also reported MBNA not willing to move credit around in order to approve applications like they used to. Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw when it comes to the agents? montezume have you tried to call back again?
I have one Alaska card currently, and cancelled the other a few months ago ( I had 2 at once) I applied online this morning for another one and was declined. I just called in she said it was an automated system decline, looked into my account ( which is in good standing)^and approved the new one transferred $5000 from my other credit card and was done in less than 5 minutes.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:44 am

My statement just closed with $8,500 posted balance $500+ pending 😡
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by kay sedia
I have one Alaska card currently, and cancelled the other a few months ago ( I had 2 at once) I applied online this morning for another one and was declined. I just called in she said it was an automated system decline, looked into my account ( which is in good standing)^and approved the new one transferred $5000 from my other credit card and was done in less than 5 minutes.
My wife got her 2nd last week without a need to call in

My 2nd took well over 90 minutes over 2 days with numerous CS agents to approve. And 1 unreturned call

I had a tonne of CC apps was the reason for the automated decision to decline.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:12 pm

all these MBNA Alaska talk got me excited to re-apply again after cancelling in March 2015
$60 GCR cashback

answered 4 ID questions online and pending
only other MBNA is 0% card for BT
guess I'll call in then

Thank you for your Alaska Airlines® World Elite® MasterCard® credit card application

Credit Application Status: Received and Pending

Thank you for your Alaska Airlines® World Elite® MasterCard® credit card application. Your application form was received, but we are unable to provide a decision at this time.

A credit analyst is reviewing your credit card application and may be in contact within 10 to 15 business days regarding any additional information that is required to complete your request. We thank you for your interest in MBNA and the Alaska Airlines® World Elite® MasterCard® credit card.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by montezume
Applied for a second Alaska Airlines MC and got declined - call in for the reason, and was told that I was declined because I already have the card and that you can only have one card at once . Not sure if change in policy or other agents are more willing to bend the rules.
I already have one card (I have had this for a long time) and just applied for another card last week. My application was pending. When I called in, they had issues pulling credit. It took 2 days, but the CSR got back to me to tell me I had been approved. I found out (because my Alaska card was expiring and they sent me a new one that displayed the credit limit) that they had (without my permission) moved credit from my existing card to open the new account. I am not complaining, though.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
I also applied online for an MBNA Best Western about a month ago and was declined, called and asked agent about splitting credit and was told not possible. (I had Alaska) Decided to call back today after my new Alaska phone call and was told the system declines automatically after 5 inquiries in 6 months. Agent shifted some credit and the cards on it's way! Obviously totally depends on the agent.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:50 am

Applied last week for a new Alaska MBNA card even though I already have one. Approved without issue and arrived in the mail.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone else have the TD Luxury hotel credit of $250? The deadline for booking is today.

If anyone knows how to actually book it, do tell.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:05 pm

I have applied MBNA Alaska card in August and one in October. Both got declined at the beginning but both got approved after calling in.

The reason that I got declined is duplicate application (apparently it is a technical glitch on their website where application are sent twice when I hit "submit" once only).

By the way, they have a slightly different card design now, showing "Alaska" instead of "Alaska Airline"

------------------------
instagram

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.