Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
did the same thing haha
+1

Portable phone charger

But shop.ca is a joke

Originally Posted by winebug
As a data point for churners ...
7 months ago, a bank clerk made multiple credit checks on multiple days for the same credit card application. He made mistakes.

We filed complaints: to him, his branch supervisor, various ombudsman levels all the way to the OBSI. All confirmed in writing the mistake of the bank clerk, and at the same time saying they could not remove the wrong credit checks as they were not system errors but human errors.

At the time, they cost us 22 points - we could document because nothing else changed on our files during that time.

Today, 7 months later, the wrong checks (2) were finally removed. Score bumped up 10 points.

Seems hard checks do drag scores down for longer then 6 months... Something for churners to keep in mind.
I assume you are referring to EQ. I had a much more pleasant experience with TU in a similar sitch. TU removed the pull.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I bought 49.99 headphones haha

only had tonavigate through about a dozen error messages and the prices are insanely inflated.... no way i'd shop there normally
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just bought a watch for $1,600 and got over 25,000 AP points.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Originally Posted by zer0k1
+1
I assume you are referring to EQ. I had a much more pleasant experience with TU in a similar sitch. TU removed the pull.
Yes, EQ.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Does the shop.ca promo work per TD Aero card? Or only one per shop.ca account/Aero account?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Does the shop.ca promo work per TD Aero card? Or only one per shop.ca account/Aero account?
Per TD Card

Some say TDFCT or Gold Elite may even work, YMMV
I did try 2nd order with TDFCT, it went through too, so far
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:06 am

Spending?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there any good tips to meet the spending criteria for your
CC signup bonuses. I usually buying tons of giftcard for grocery or liquor store for $1,000. But, it is quite painful to spend them.

If there any good tips or tricks for easy way??

I recently signed up for TD Visa Infinite Privilege card which gives 50,000 AP
and it requires $1000 in 90 days. I'm planning to buy giftcard, but just wondering if there any easy way. Thanks!^

hw807
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by hw807
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there any good tips to meet the spending criteria for your
CC signup bonuses. I usually buying tons of giftcard for grocery or liquor store for $1,000. But, it is quite painful to spend them.

and it requires $1000 in 90 days. I'm planning to buy giftcard, but just wondering if there any easy way. Thanks!^

hw807
Prepay car insurance/monthly lease
Buy plane tickets you were gonna buy anyway
If your place allows it, pay rent via cc

Also, 1k in 90 days isnt a lot... You cant get that with regular spend?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by hw807
Hi all,

hw807
Prepay a month or two on any regular bills: cable, phone, insurance, internet, etc.

That and grocery store gift cards is usually what I do......I spend close to $300/month on groceries, so it's really not a problem.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:22 am

So I got declined for the Capital One IHG today. I contacted them and said it was probably because I already have two cards with them (grandfathered Aspire Travel World and Delta World cards) and that that was the maximum number of their own cards they let anyone hold at any one time. Anyone heard this before or were they just making excuses?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:34 am

Would TD offer an AF refund if you've received the welcome bonus? Take the TD AP Infinite Prestige 50k for example. Never noticed this card beofre, $400 for 50k isn't even bad

Last edited by zer0k1; Sep 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:27 pm

Not sure if this had been posted, but I found an offer for the TD Aeroplan with FYF extended until Oct 31, via Greedyrates.ca:

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/best-...2015/#aeroplan
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:10 pm

Milesbuzz: Canada

Shop.ca is irrelevant.

15x Aeroplan bonus promo and still can't find any value. Anyone disagree?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:31 pm

Bought a cast iron skillet for 39 cents after BC taxes, -$50 TD aeroplan promo code and 3k Aeroplan miles.

We can reload Dr Brown's baby bottles and parts using my wife's card later
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by FlightorFight
Shop.ca is irrelevant.

15x Aeroplan bonus promo and still can't find any value. Anyone disagree?
There is anyways a constant %20 rebate from GCR. This tells you all you need to know about shop.ca and their prices - they can afford to rebate you %20 on anything in their store.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.