Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:24 am

New TD Aeroplan offer: 25k after $1k spend. $60 annual fee for the first year (50% off). $50 statement credit + 3,000 AP miles after 1 purchase at shop.ca (no minimum).

With the GCR $50 cashback it is effectively $10 for 28k AP miles and a $50 Shop.ca GC

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...urceCode=NTrSD
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Still considering the IHG Cap One card. But I'd like to know does anyone have any experience churning with Cap One? They are stricter on approvals...just wondering how they are on the "rinse and repeat".
Clever how they got potentially a big sign up increase of AF paying customers simply due to a rumor they would dash the card. Where did the rumor originate from?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by winebug
Clever how they got potentially a big sign up increase of AF paying customers simply due to a rumor they would dash the card. Where did the rumor originate from?
The call is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Sorry for having a hard time believing, anyone knows who's the insider here on the forums that launched this idea?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:32 pm

wiki needs updating with new TD, also aerogold business extended to October 31st. Any other card offers changing or starting this September 1st?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Ha...!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:59 am

Sorry for having a hard time believing, anyone knows who's the insider here on the forums that launched this idea?
I'm definitely not an insider, but I might be the one who brought the rumour to the forum (see post #2195 in this thread) - I called Cap One in late July about my Delta Skymiles card - whether it would be discontinued for existing cardholders or not. The CSA said that existing cardholders could hold on to and use the card but no new cards would be issued. He then told me that they were planning to do the same with the IHG card, and focus on their co-branding relationship with Costco. That last bit came as a surprise to me since I hadn't seen it anywhere else, so I decided to share the tidbit. Whether it's true or the CSA was making stuff up, I don't know.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by claurianta2
I'm definitely not an insider, but I might be the one who brought the rumour to the forum (see post #2195 in this thread) - I called Cap One in late July about my Delta Skymiles card - whether it would be discontinued for existing cardholders or not. The CSA said that existing cardholders could hold on to and use the card but no new cards would be issued. He then told me that they were planning to do the same with the IHG card, and focus on their co-branding relationship with Costco. That last bit came as a surprise to me since I hadn't seen it anywhere else, so I decided to share the tidbit. Whether it's true or the CSA was making stuff up, I don't know.
Thanks for sharing!
Could any of the bloggers / press on the thread request C1 for a statement regarding their cards strategy?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:24 am

wiki needs updating with new TD, also aerogold business extended to October 31st. Any other card offers changing or starting this September 1st?
I tried applying over the phone and the CSA couldn't see the offer on his system (only the Aventura offer). told me I had to go into the branch.

HUCA? the comment in the wiki said it was easiest by phone.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by claurianta2
This still seems like a logical move to me...although I hope not because I plan to cancel my Cap One IHG MC to churn it next year. The bonus on my current card turned out to be SUPER lucrative this summer - cashed in on an award with Staybridge Suites and LOVED it!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:11 pm

That Shop.ca promo code (TD) for TD Aeroplan Visa works for existing customers too

$50 off (after tax) and 3k Aeroplan miles.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by crimsona
That Shop.ca promo code (TD) for TD Aeroplan Visa works for existing customers too

Awesome, and here I thought this card was totally useless after signup bonus!

edit: something to keep in mind from the T&C:

Purchase of gift cards, video games and video accessories, and alcohol are excluded

Last edited by Smiley90; Sep 2, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by crimsona

I already signed up for the 15 + 10 offer. Where do I find this promo code for the $50 off shop.ca and additional miles? Do I need to call TD?

Edit: never mind, there is an FAQ about this on shop.ca

http://www.shop.ca//infoView?storeId...atalogId=10301

what a great deal!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:53 am

I'd be quite surprised if Capital One discontinued the IHG cards. They just have sent new cards (mid-august) with the new IHG branding.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:34 am

So just to confirm, it seems I can buy anything BELOW $50 from shop.ca and I will be credited back the $50 and get 3k ap miles?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.