Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bjywong
Since we are getting close to the end of November, I decided to contact GCR on the status of MBNA reporting for the AS card. Here is there response:

"Unfortunately, they won’t tell us until the day before. If they give us a date and we announce it then they are late it will not look good. The thing with software is there are always delays. Originally they told us November and they have not updated a date."
Thanks for checking! I was wondering, what was up. My girlfriend and I wanted to use the points to go to Japan on AA
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Hmmm. Must have been a different kit. Mine is awesome and going strong!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Hmmm. Must have been a different kit. Mine is awesome and going strong!
Oh geez, Preach...you've gotta quote the posts you're responding to, else people who jump into this thread and read your post as is, won't know the context of what you're referring to.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Oh geez, Preach...you've gotta quote the posts you're responding to, else people who jump into this thread and read your post as is, won't know the context of what you're referring to.
LOL ^
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I like the Emirates amenity kits best of any. They are real leather and have Bulgari stuff!
Emirates amenity kits are pure unadulterated new money kitsch: Bvlgari bag and perfumes.......... Colgate toothpaste and AXE deodoriser. Classy. *slow clap*
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Its heartbreaking to hear all this chatter about amenity kits. I've yet to receive a single one (means not enough points/time to redeem for longhaul premium cabins yet). Lets get back to how we can get more points and fix that up eh!?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I think you have reached new levels of travel hacking haha. I got the perfect title for your next blog post: "How to pay for your next flight while exiting your current business class flight"
Thats not travel hacking.. you might as well grab the headphones while youre at it?

Come on people, stop lacking class
and abusing what we're given.. if you want extra amenity kits at least have the decency to ask. Usually the FAs are fine.

Nothing annoys me more than sitting down in my seat in J/F and finding someone has "misplaced" my amenity kit.

This thread is already all about award seats so we're not even revenue passengers so there shouldn't even be the idea of grabbing extra things to resell!

Nothing is worse than rude passengers who dont have a sense of respect so please ask before you take.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:22 am

In 2013 I was even told by EVA FA saying any extra/unaccounted Rimowa kit would come out of their own pocket (i.e. # of kits given out > # of paxs in J)
e.g. if I ask for an extra one and she gave me, she'd pay for that

I guess it'd be different if paxs simply leave their kits behind, but I don't know if I'd really go "savage" whatever available in the Business class
It's like savaging things in hotel, or EVA Hello Kitty jets (that one is worse, people taking pillows and not just pillow covers, etc...)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by keitherson
Thats not travel hacking.. you might as well grab the headphones while youre at it?

and abusing what we're given.. if you want extra amenity kits at least have the decency to ask. Usually the FAs are fine.

Nothing annoys me more than sitting down in my seat in J/F and finding someone has "misplaced" my amenity kit.

This thread is already all about award seats so we're not even revenue passengers so there shouldn't even be the idea of grabbing extra things to resell!

Nothing is worse than rude passengers who dont have a sense of respect so please ask before you take.
Oh come now. I'm only grabbing kits abandoned by other passengers once they've deplaned. There's absolutely nothing wrong about doing that.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:29 am

Relax... it was just a joke
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Relax... it was just a joke
Can't tell if it's a joke because I've seen passengers do this. And sometimes it's quite obvious that they're the FT type, and makes me a bit embarassed
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
You're so right, Triple J! I was on a turkey bender when I posted...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:40 pm

Can't tell if it's a joke because I've seen passengers do this. And sometimes it's quite obvious that they're the FT type, and makes me a bit embarassed
Calling it travel hacking, was a joke, indeed. The actual act itself...let's just say it should never have been posted to begin with. I don't think we need to read stuff like that on a public forum. Well, maybe at RFD, but not here at FT.

@jerry...I have images of you POUNDING the stuffing out of that Hello Kitty pillow. ("salvage", not "savage", right?)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:14 pm

Added the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to the Wiki. $50 GCR rebate, FYF, 15K +10K after $1K spending, 1 Maple Leaf Lounge Pass to use with Aeroplan redemption bookings, 2-for-1 Aeroplan shorthaul voucher on AC flights. Till Dec 19th.

Some notes from the T&C:

If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.

We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of 10,000 Miles Bonus awarded to any one person.

Existing TD Aeroplan Cardholders are not eligible for this offer.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:30 pm

Added the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to the Wiki. $50 GCR rebate, FYF, 15K +10K after $1K spending, 1 Maple Leaf Lounge Pass to use with Aeroplan redemption bookings, 2-for-1 Aeroplan shorthaul voucher on AC flights. Till Dec 19th.

Some notes from the T&C:

If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.

We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of 10,000 Miles Bonus awarded to any one person.

Existing TD Aeroplan Cardholders are not eligible for this offer.
Thanks JJJ - Tried applying through GCR and couldn't process my application as TD says I need to go in branch to apply as they can't validate my identity (I've never banked with them).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.