MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by kalderlake
I'm pondering transferring my points to AE.

My calculation has them at around $300 CAD, based on the cost of a flight from my regional airport to YVR. And even more if I fly to YYC, YEG or SEA.

I suppose I could get even more value if I found the right room at the right time.

But the 12K I can use at any time.
Yes, the right room at the right time is ideal! I was lucky enough to hold onto them to use for Christmastime in Manhattan last year. BW Herald Square had rooms going for around $300+ US per night, and I had enough points from 2 card churns for 3 nights. Easily worth $1500 CAD. Score!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
you must of got my points

Originally Posted by Smiley90
So uhm

I got 80k from the BW Signup. Not just the 60k (which in itself was already a great offer). I won't complain Anyone else got more than expected?

You must of got my points. I have been on the phone for the last few months with BW trying to get my 60,000 points. The first few months, they didn't have my account number, then they had it on there and transferred 20,000 points, but I noticed the account number was off by 2 at the end. Called and got that fixed, then the next month I seen 40K points posted - "TD Gratuity point gift" on my transactions. Which I assume was the 40K point offer for spending $2000 in the first three months? Not sure how much more I can take with their customer service to go after that 20K points.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by notalk28
... and transferred 20,000 points, but I noticed the account number was off by 2 at the end. Called and got that fixed, then the next month I seen 40K points posted - "TD Gratuity point gift" on my transactions.
Thats 60000 points right?
Originally Posted by notalk28
Not sure how much more I can take with their customer service to go after that 20K points.
Why an additional 20000, maybe you mean 2000 points for the spend.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Thats 60000 points right?

Why an additional 20000, maybe you mean 2000 points for the spend.

The deal at the time I applied was 20K for the first purchase and 40K for spending 2K in 3 months. This was back in june or july when I applied. I don't think that deal is around anymore.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Angry Me too.....the fight continues with BW

I am still waiting for my 60,000 points. Same story: we didn't have your BW account #. Have been calling MBNA and BW still no points. What is up with this card?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:04 pm

I think you need to wait for 3 statements at least. The remainder of my points (40,000) posted after the 3rd statement
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by DealAddict
I think you need to wait for 3 statements at least. The remainder of my points (40,000) posted after the 3rd statement
Posted where ? Credit card statement or Best Western account?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:55 pm

Posted where ? Credit card statement or Best Western account?
This is the key question. I saw 40000 points post on my 3rd statement, but none posted to my BW Rewards account. How long did this process take (aka when should I ring up MBNA)?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:19 pm

Now is a good time. U was told it was an automatic process. Have been calling the card and the BW and don't seem to know how puts the points where it counts so we can use the points.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by flyer05
This is the key question. I saw 40000 points post on my 3rd statement, but none posted to my BW Rewards account. How long did this process take (aka when should I ring up MBNA)?
On my last statement, the points were listed/posted online at the MBNA Rewards site, but it took over a week to move into my BWR account. As long as your statement shows the correct BWR account #, just be patient, the points will get there eventually.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
On my last statement, the points were listed/posted online at the MBNA Rewards site, but it took over a week to move into my BWR account. As long as your statement shows the correct BWR account #, just be patient, the points will get there eventually.
There are 3 postings: On the website UNDER REWARDS is an earnings activity and there is transfer activity (could be a different date). On the statement itself, there is a summary : Your Rewards Update as of the date the last time points were earned. At the bottom there is a line Points Shared with BW which supposedly should correspond with the transfer date on the website. In my case, several statements in the past showed the earned points and the bonus and these were posted to my BW account the following day. This time 12 days after the statement date and no points showing.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: *void
There are 3 postings: On the website UNDER REWARDS is an earnings activity and there is transfer activity (could be a different date). On the statement itself, there is a summary : Your Rewards Update as of the date the last time points were earned. At the bottom there is a line Points Shared with BW which supposedly should correspond with the transfer date on the website. In my case, several statements in the past showed the earned points and the bonus and these were posted to my BW account the following day. This time 12 days after the statement date and no points showing.
Right. Same for me. The past few months the points have gone into my BWR within a couple of days (or 3), after the statement cycle date and seeing the points at the Rewards activity page. But for some reason, just this month of Oct, it had taken a lot longer, in my case it was 8 days.

FWIW, I had been checking daily at the re-vamped BestWestern.com webiste, but because I have a 'remembered' login, each time I visited the site it would show my name and I could immediately click the pulldown and choose "MY ACCOUNT", and I would see no change in the points total. But when I chose to force a log out (after not seeing any change to the points total), and then re-logged back in. It now showed my updated points total for the new points from MBNA.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:52 pm

After speaking with a Senior Manager at MBNA...I got some info about the BW 60K promo.

Apparently the reason they are telling people that it can take up to 150 days to see the full 60K is because the promo was subsidized between MNBA and BW. The concern was that people would get the 60K bonus and then immediately cancel the card.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
After speaking with a Senior Manager at MBNA...I got some info about the BW 60K promo.

Apparently the reason they are telling people that it can take up to 150 days to see the full 60K is because the promo was subsidized between MNBA and BW. The concern was that people would get the 60K bonus and then immediately cancel the card.
What a bunch of bull, its always like that and some of us are seeing the points at MNBA and they say that the points were transferred at the statement date, yet not posted to BW account by BW. Keeping the card and not using it makes no economic sense to BW. I am sure that by jerking us around the card will be even more inactive. The card's T&C already mentions 6 months to keep the card otherwise the points maybe rolled-back. The manager knows DA.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
This promo just came back today.

Scotiabank Gold American Express Card: Earn 20,000 bonus points after $750 minimum spend. Plus, first year annual fee waiver

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4657,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.