MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by loun80
15,000 Welcome Points Offer.

This offer may only be applicable to Canadian HSBC Advance and Premier customers but it is still a pretty good offer. You get a welcome bonus of 15,000 points when you get approved for the HSBC Advance MasterCard. There is no annual fee. You can convert these points to Avios, Krisflyer or Asia Miles at a 1:1 rate. Offer ends August 31, 2015.

https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/ban...vance/mc-offer
I thought only Premier Mastercards could convert their points to airline miles.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:40 pm

That seems to be the case

https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/ban...ewards-program

Only Premier and Premier World have FF miles option
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the clarification. I deleted my post.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Do CIBC aero biz cards get delivered to the closest branch, home or a branch of your choosing?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by winebug
Do CIBC aero biz cards get delivered to the closest branch, home or a branch of your choosing?
Mine came to my home
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: *void
Home.

But if you are not an existing CIBC client, or if they feel it within their fancy to make you go to a branch to pick it up (eg., perhaps to clarify/confirm some ID issues), then they'll call to let you know and you can then choose the branch that it would get sent to.

I don't bank with CIBC, but I have two long-time no-fee CCs with them. A couple of years ago, when I applied for my very first Aerogold Infinite Visa card, CIBC insisted I go into a branch to pick it up. After that, and 6 or 7 new CIBC CC's strewn in my vapour trail, I have never had to go back into a branch to show my ugly mug to them.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:36 pm

Wife and I just applied and we don't deal with CIBC at all.

They are making us go to a branch and pick them up. Wife picked her up today. Already did 1st purchase on her card and waiting for the 20K now.

They haven't called for my card yet but I am going to go check tomorrow to see if mine is there. Sometimes they get lazy and don't call you.

2 more Aeroplan cards to eventually add to my dead CC Collection.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
man this Amex turning non-business cards into once in a lifetime bonus news sucks
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by loun80
YES! The day has finally come! I've been waiting about 2 years.
I just transferred all of mine over a couple of months ago...whaaaaahhhh!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Smiley90
man this Amex turning non-business cards into once in a lifetime bonus news sucks
Has this been confirmed yet?

I just applied to see what would happen. That does suck, though.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Has this been confirmed yet?

I just applied to see what would happen. That does suck, though.
there's a thread about it over in Amex, yeah. People have applied through referrals to see if it also applies to those, as those T&C haven't been updated yet... but that's probably just an oversight. We'll see. but yeah, seems like it. :/
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I'd think it's churnable as long as there's no "no repeat welcome bonus" clause like the BMO World Elite ($300 bonus)
I'm still going to try to churn the BMO World Elite and get the bonus via the upgrade/downgrade game with the same account over the period of 2-3 years. I'm currently on a downgrade and will try to upgrade to that card next year and see if they have a record of it! I'll let everyone know if I was successful!!!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by pokee
I'm still going to try to churn the BMO World Elite and get the bonus via the upgrade/downgrade game with the same account over the period of 2-3 years. I'm currently on a downgrade and will try to upgrade to that card next year and see if they have a record of it! I'll let everyone know if I was successful!!!
i tried upgrading back a tad under 7 months and did not receive the bonus.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cerenity
i tried upgrading back a tad under 7 months and did not receive the bonus.
It's been almost 3 years since I've held that card, so it will be interesting to see if they still have that on record and I don't get the bonus either. I'll be sure to post my results!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Applied for Gold rewards and got approved. Will wait to see if my wife gets the referral bonus and if I get my bonus.

On a side note, if bonuses are lifetime now, what's the next best way to accumulate points for a Singapore air F award ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.