Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which evrewards program to use when shopping with Best Buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I'm about to make a few large purchases at Best Buy and wanted to use a shopping portal to get some extra points but I'm not sure which one to use.
Best Buy Coupon Codes + Best Buy Cash Back Rebates, Rewards and Discounts | evreward.com

Credit Cards I have:
Amex Platinum - 70k MR points
Delta Reserve - 70k skymiles

I live in NYC, I have Gold status on Delta so that seemed to make the most sense but Delta Skymiles isn't an option for BestBuy. I also don't have any meaningful amount of points saved up in other programs. What would you do in my situation?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:40 am

How do you define "a few large purchases"? At 1 cent/point/mile or less per $, these purchases are unlikely to result in a life-changing experience.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I use Citi 2% for everything, and even double isn't life-changing.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:14 am

Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star, Etc.
We like to check Cashback Monitor and Cashback Holic (they're both aggregators) before making larges purchases to see which portal is offering the largest cashback/bonus at the moment of our intended purchase.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I use BeFrugal (BeFrugal.com Cash Back Portal CONGA--Get $10 for signing up!) myself, and of course there's Best Buy's own rewards program on top of that. If you don't care for warranty and protection you can also buy BB GCs at a discount and go that route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.