Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying miles for *A award PVG-DPS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I want a business class return ticket from North Asia to South Asia for travel in mid-March and I see on the UA website that SQ has availability (the award would cost 45k UA miles plus just over $100). In this case I would have to buy UA miles at a cost of about 3.5c/mile.

I also know about the option to buy US Airways miles with the current +50% bonus (60k miles would be needed for this trip).

Any other options?

Last edited by bridgeair; Feb 18, 2013 at 9:06 am Reason: update
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:29 am

TACA is an excellent option especially with their cash+point option. They are currently having a bonus gifting special this month
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:29 am

I believe TACA makes you sign up prior to the bonus offer to take advantage of it. If you already have an account great...if not be careful and read up on the T&C.

Ripped from TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/02/maxi...s-and-avianca/
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by bridgeair
I want a business class return ticket from North Asia to South Asia for travel in mid-March and I see on the UA website that SQ has availability (the award would cost 45k UA miles plus just over $100). In this case I would have to buy UA miles at a cost of about 3.5c/mile.

I also know about the option to buy US Airways miles with the current +50% bonus (60k miles would be needed for this trip).

Any other options?
Are you willing to fly on oneworld, instead of *A? If so, call AA and see if they have award seats available on CX or MH. Roundtrip in Business would cost 45K AA miles. AA can hold award seats for five days, while you buy the necessary AA miles. (And I believe that there is a current bonus on purchasing AA miles.)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Just a quick tip, I flew that exact route last month on sq using aero plan miles. Make sure the ticket is actually bookable before buying the miles. Aero plan showed availability for lots of flights in j, but they kept coming up as unbookable. I finally was able to have them route me through SIN, but only on the overnight flight. All of the day time flights seemed to be blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.