New 50-60K HH Amex offers - till 10/31/12

Subscribe
Thanks to michael_v:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...rd/71-1000-167

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ard/71-1000-56
None of the above is new, and they look like referral links.
Recently I've only seen the 40k offer, so this is good. Thanks for posting.
Quote: None of the above is new, and they look like referral links.
They are not referral links. I got them in an email from HHonors.

And while the offer is not new, the links are, as UA Fan announced on his thread that the old links died.
Moderator clarification
Quote: I got them in an email from HHonors.
The links did contain information of the type used to track referrals. Information in the same format could be used for other purposes, such as to track which email generated the application. I removed it, and verified that the links still point to the correct offers.
I currently have an AMEX hilton card. I got it Feb 2012.

How does AMEX structure their CC churns? I know, for instance, Citi requires something like 18-24 months before you requalify for a bonus

Would the 2 browser trick work to get both of these cards or is this more of a 'choose one or the other' type of thing?

T&C for both says

Quote:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express account within the last 90 days.
So I should qualify for the bonus ... My AMEX gives me silver, so I will probably just apply for the surpass.

EDIT 2: Since I can't figure out if I already got the 50k, I decided to just get the surpass @ 60k and was instantly approved
Quote: I currently have an AMEX hilton card. I got it Feb 2012.

How does AMEX structure their CC churns? I know, for instance, Citi requires something like 18-24 months before you requalify for a bonus

Would the 2 browser trick work to get both of these cards or is this more of a 'choose one or the other' type of thing?

T&C for both says

So I should qualify for the bonus ... My AMEX gives me silver, so I will probably just apply for the surpass.
Most AMEX cards mention that you're not eligible for the sign up bonus if you've had the same card in the last 12 months.
Quote: Most AMEX cards mention that you're not eligible for the sign up bonus if you've had the same card in the last 12 months.
Just to be clear, AMEX starts the waiting period from when a person *closed* his/her account, not when he/she *applied* for his/her account. This is my current understanding, but I'd be happy to learn that I'm wrong.
Quote: AMEX starts the waiting period from when a person *closed* his/her account, not when he/she *applied*
This is the literal meaning to the terms as written, but there is a trickle of anecdotal evidence that American Express is measuring from the application date.
edit: didn't see mia's response already
Quote: This is the literal meaning to the terms as written, but there is a trickle of anecdotal evidence that American Express is measuring from the application date.
That isn't the literal meaning I get from the T&Cs

Quote:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months
Literally means if you applied for & received a surpass card in the last 12 months, you are SOL. It doesn't refer to closing your account IMHO

Quote:
or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors Card from American Express account within the last 90 days.
So in my case, I applied in Jan 2012 for the standard 50k card. That means that I would have to wait until Jan 2013 to re-apply, but since I got the surpass card this month, I would have to wait until Feb to be past the 90 day zone just in case.

Nothing about closing accounts. Then again, I haven't dealt with AMEX too much, so I might be in the wrong.

FWIW I got instant approval for the surpass
If I apply for standard Amex Hhonor card in March 2012, and still have the card with me, will I be qualified for the surpass offer? It seems that I need to cancel the card and wait 90 days to apply for the surpass card, right?
Quote: If I apply for standard Amex Hhonor card in March 2012, and still have the card with me, will I be qualified for the surpass offer? It seems that I need to cancel the card and wait 90 days to apply for the surpass card, right?
I have limited experience with AMEX, but that is not my understanding. I applied and was approved for the SURPASS yesterday, will call and confirm the bonus when the card arrives this week.
Quote: If I apply for standard Amex Hhonor card in March 2012, and still have the card with me, will I be qualified for the surpass offer? It seems that I need to cancel the card and wait 90 days to apply for the surpass card, right?
I believe you will qualify for the difference, not the full bonus.
Isn't the AMEX HHonors a different card than the AMEX Surpass?

If so, and you haven't had the Surpass before, shouldn't you get the bonus miles?