Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
WARNING: These jokers are apparently issuing the lower-level card even for people with $5k or higher credit lines. Just called underwriting and was told that my credit line was $9k...for the non-Signature card. So regardless of your credit line, until you have the card in hand, you don't know if you're going to get the real bonus or not. I knew about the fine print, but for larger credit lines like this, it stinks of complete bait and switch.
Yep, f*ing assclowns. Sent me white card with "flex perks select rewards" .
5K bonus points not 33K. They can shove it.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:14 am

This is totally bizarre. My wife, with a much thinner credit profile and lower score, was approved for a higher limit and the Signature, while I got shafted with the Select. Both were manually reviewed within 1 hour of each other.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:31 am

This is totally bizarre. My wife, with a much thinner credit profile and lower score, was approved for a higher limit and the Signature, while I got shafted with the Select. Both were manually reviewed within 1 hour of each other.
This is the same crap Barclays pulled with US Air cards last year.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
This is the same crap Barclays pulled with US Air cards last year.
At least they got over it this year...looks like Alaska and now US Bank are the few holdouts left with this, uh, 'tactic'.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Ok took the plunge. I did an AOR in June..(5 apps) all approved. Fingers crossed..
Ok called the automated number and was approved. Called the credit card under writing for the card type and CL.. It's a visa sig with 10.5K nice.. I think I am going to cool down for now. 10 cards in the last 7-8 months.

Last edited by iqbalt80; Aug 23, 2012 at 11:47 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:26 pm

At least they got over it this year...looks like Alaska and now US Bank are the few holdouts left with this, uh, 'tactic'.
so after I saw your post I decided to call and see what I was approved for and they said 10K CL Select card!!!! total B.S.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
That really stinks guys, sounds like US Bank doesn't want to pay up. I thought it was bad enough they were singling out churners, but this is a little crazy. I suppose they are within their rights to do what the please with how they extend credit.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:40 pm

WARNING: These jokers are apparently issuing the lower-level card even for people with $5k or higher credit lines. Just called underwriting and was told that my credit line was $9k...for the non-Signature card. So regardless of your credit line, until you have the card in hand, you don't know if you're going to get the real bonus or not. I knew about the fine print, but for larger credit lines like this, it stinks of complete bait and switch.
After reading this, and the other posts given the "select" card I called to verify my "approved" (but which one!?) card...the underwriter said I got approved for the min. 5k limit, but was switched to the select card and that I must ask for an upgrade when I get my card and call card member services.

So I called card member services right away and explained that the underwriter said I qualified for the min. credit limit but got the select card instead of the travel perks card. The CSR said that I did get the select card under the Olympic promo and will still be getting the 31,XXX pts if I do the min. spend w/in 5mos...so no annual fee and still get the points...looking good right now but I will call back every so often to make sure they don't do the bait and switch to 10K bonus....
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by tish011
After reading this, and the other posts given the "select" card I called to verify my "approved" (but which one!?) card...the underwriter said I got approved for the min. 5k limit, but was switched to the select card and that I must ask for an upgrade when I get my card and call card member services.

So I called card member services right away and explained that the underwriter said I qualified for the min. credit limit but got the select card instead of the travel perks card. The CSR said that I did get the select card under the Olympic promo and will still be getting the 31,XXX pts if I do the min. spend w/in 5mos...so no annual fee and still get the points...looking good right now but I will call back every so often to make sure they don't do the bait and switch to 10K bonus....
You might want to call again. I was told I couldn't upgrade and either keep this one or close it.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:56 pm

Neither in Olympic promotion webpage nor in Terms and Conditions can I see that the Select Rewards Card is only eligible for 5K bonus points.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Now that they can't game Libor rates, adjustable mortages, Wall Street and Main Street, I guess the banks just have credit card customers left to game. At least gaming credit card customers keeps them from begging for bailouts!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Neither in Olympic promotion webpage nor in Terms and Conditions can I see that the Select Rewards Card is only eligible for 5K bonus points.
Yes, this appears to be true...that being said, if the bonus were applicable to both, the situation would be even more backwards, because it would mean that the people who got the lesser card got the better deal (since the Select card has no annual fee). I wouldn't count on that being the case.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:33 pm

Yes, this appears to be true...that being said, if the bonus were applicable to both, the situation would be even more backwards, because it would mean that the people who got the lesser card got the better deal (since the Select card has no annual fee). I wouldn't count on that being the case.
Agree!
To clarify the situation, it helps if you call them to confirm the bonus for your card. Don't even complicate the discussion by mentioning that you have been issued a Select Rewards Card, simply ask them to explain the bonus for your new card ...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Many
The reason it isn't technically bait and switch is that they have every right to turn you down for the good card, and you're not paying anything out of pocket for the inferior card. Still, it's frustrating to me too; it's happened twice over the years on my applications. Once I didn't notice and actually put quite a bit of spend onto the bad card. If they turn you down for the card you want, they should either just turn you down, or give you the option to take the inferior card, not send the inferior one out with no comment. This time I knew I got the Signature card when I got the agreement that listed the $49 annual fee, and today the piece of plastic came.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Now that they can't game Libor rates, adjustable mortages, Wall Street and Main Street, I guess the banks just have credit card customers left to game. At least gaming credit card customers keeps them from begging for bailouts!
What makes you think they won't ask for bailouts anyway?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.