FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1374560-expired-earn-up-30-000-starpoints-app-must-approved-9-4-2012-a.html)

emptiness Aug 7, 2012 6:29 am

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints

Receive 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase and an additional 20,000 Starpoints when you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months of Cardmembership4,5 enough for two free nights at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, the W Boston or any other category 5 hotel.6
Choose from free nights or free flights

Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,000 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.7
Get more Starpoints for stays

Receive up to 5 Starpoints for every eligible dollar spent at SPG Hotels & Resorts - 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the Card in addition to the 2 Starpoints you can get as an SPG member. Plus, 1 more Starpoint with SPG Gold or Platinum status.8

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...referred/25330

pantanal Aug 7, 2012 6:48 am

Just got the business card last month. Will SM amex to see if they will bump up

emptiness Aug 7, 2012 6:52 am

will 2 BM work on this? It worked last year on amex PRG and amex gold biz card last year but still found 2 inquiries.

Gamecock Aug 7, 2012 7:08 am

.. I urge you to check it out. I am "paying" 5,800 *Points a night to stay at the Le Meridian Khao Lak in Thailand later this year. Plus the 5K bonus on 20K airline transfers that many programs offer is fabulous.^
This is my primary card, I love it and don't mind paying the annual fee one bit.

A5Globetrotter Aug 7, 2012 7:21 am

Two questions:

1) Am I missing the extra 20k on this? Don't see it on the link screen
2) Can you get a business AND personal card under this? If so, how?

kirax2 Aug 7, 2012 7:22 am

I'm having trouble getting the 'refer a friend' link. I've been waiting for this offer to send a friend a link, but I can't seem to get the actual link. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Altoid Aug 7, 2012 7:39 am

So I'm not super familiar with the card but the points are worth about 2.2 cpm? I know everyone has their own valuation but around there?

So with the 5k per 20k transfer bonus... say I put 10k spend....5k in first 6 months (gets me the 30k bonus), another 5k somewhere in the next 6 months (10k points in spending) before the fee...that would get me to (30k sign up plus 10k in spend, makes 40k add in 2x5K transfer bonus) 50k points? Which would be worth $1100?

Not sure I have interest keeping it for longer then a year but if that's true this maybe my next card.

Another question is those twitter/four square promotions that amex has been running a lot lately this card I assume qualifies right? Those have been some nice added bonuses.

tecnomage Aug 7, 2012 7:43 am

I just got my Starwood card last week, I called and they wouldn't change over my account to the 30k bonus. Sent a message by their secure mail, hopefully that will work.

pcharles Aug 7, 2012 7:43 am

30K biz version

Not seeing the 30K business version on the amex site, but MMS has an affiliate link.

tecnomage Aug 7, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by kirax2 (Post 19074511)
I'm having trouble getting the 'refer a friend' link. I've been waiting for this offer to send a friend a link, but I can't seem to get the actual link. Is anyone else having difficulty?

I couldn't get it to work either, tried both IE and Firefox.

jimcoddington Aug 7, 2012 8:01 am

My dad has the SPG AmEx, how does he refer me to this 30,000 promotion so my dad can receive the 5,000 SPG referral bonus points?

Altoid Aug 7, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by jimcoddington (Post 19074686)
My dad has the SPG AmEx, how does he refer me to this 30,000 promotion so my dad can receive the 5,000 SPG referral bonus points?

I don't have the card but from this site: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2012/...-overview.html

"to register the card on americanexpress.com under card management, and in the search box on the top right enter “refer a friend”. Then recommend the card to your spouse or partner for the same offer through the appropriate link. All you need is their name and email; they have to apply through the link that is emailed to them. Assuming approval you will be given 5,000 extra Starpoints for your trouble. This is done automatically, right into your account."

bostonbali Aug 7, 2012 8:15 am

Is the SPG business card churnable?

I think I may have had one a few years ago, don't have an active SPG Business card now (consumer -yes, business - no).

Thanks,
Bostonbali

Gamecock Aug 7, 2012 8:16 am

You do indeed receive the 5k bonus on every 20k points you transfer.

So 40k gets you 50k.

I don't have a cents per point value, just never really think about it that way...

emptiness Aug 7, 2012 8:17 am

both 30k offer not working,

the personal one says this:

Thank you for your interest in this offer. At this time this offer is no longer available.
Please click here for our current offerings.

the biz one says this:

This offer is no longer available.

If you'd still like to apply for an American Express card, click here