Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by cyin
Thanks. Also found the same link on one of the blogs out there.

Strange that AMEX doesn't make it available to someone logged into their business account... but, I digress.

I noticed that every referral I sent, I got an e-mail back from AMEX confirming my referral. However, I noticed that where it says 'account ending in XXXX', not once did it ever match the card I used (Business or Personal)... I hope this is not a precursor of pain to come in collecting the referral bonus from AMEX for the referrals I just sent out.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:48 pm

just wanted to add in a data point:
actually got the card back in 2/12.
sent secured message.. was denied the bump after going back and forth..
but in one phone call using the number in the back of my card they gladly added the 5K Bonus after mentioning the new public offer.
So its def worth the try to call.. but Amex Secured messages are useless.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Panzerspitze
Instant approval on the personal card. Last had the personal and biz spg cards 2-3 years ago.

Hesitating on the biz card, since it requires Federal Tax ID, which is a different format from the SSN. Can one put the SSN in those fields (xx-xxxxxxx instead of xxx-xx-xxxx) when applying as a sole proprietorship under one's own name?

It's two separate hard pulls for personal and biz cards anyway.

Panz....anybody can get a federal tax ID at the drop of a hat. Give the SS Admin a call and say you want it for your own personal business.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I noticed that every referral I sent, I got an e-mail back from AMEX confirming my referral. However, I noticed that where it says 'account ending in XXXX', not once did it ever match the card I used (Business or Personal)... I hope this is not a precursor of pain to come in collecting the referral bonus from AMEX for the referrals I just sent out.
I found the same discrepancy. I'm thinking that if the bonus doesn't post quickly, I'll write a secure email to Amex pointing out that I made two referrals (so far), and the referring number in the email differs from my account number (but the email address is associated with my account). Hopefully that won't be necessary.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
the 5 nights towards status....currently a spg gold...could i use those nights and count them for the plat challenge?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by honu
I found the same discrepancy. I'm thinking that if the bonus doesn't post quickly, I'll write a secure email to Amex pointing out that I made two referrals (so far), and the referring number in the email differs from my account number (but the email address is associated with my account). Hopefully that won't be necessary.
Same here. The last 4 digits in the email were from my wife's card, who is the AU on the account, so it *should* still go back to the same SPG account (mine). If nothing posts in a week or so, I'll be sending an SM as well.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:24 am

If I apply for the business and personal cards on the same day, will that show up as one or two inquiries on my credit report(s)?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Post #3 suggests two inquiries because personal and business are separate chanels.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
Post #3 suggests two inquiries because personal and business are separate chanels.
Thanks...I saw that, though it didn't seem clear to me as that post was referring to non-SPG AmEx cards.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with applying for the personal and business SPG AmEx cards on the same day?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vortix
If I apply for the business and personal cards on the same day, will that show up as one or two inquiries on my credit report(s)?
2 inquiries. one will be approved if your credit is good, one will get stuck for 5 days, but will be approved if your credit is still very good.

I suggest you don't do a biz and personal at same time.
speaking from my expereince!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:14 am

I read the entire thread but didn't find an answer. Is it correct that one must have the business card to refer for the business card offer?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Schutzee
I read the entire thread but didn't find an answer. Is it correct that one must have the business card to refer for the business card offer?
That is right.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Schutzee

Yes since those referral points post to the business card account statement.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ianturner
the 5 nights towards status....currently a spg gold...could i use those nights and count them for the plat challenge?
anyone?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ianturner
anyone?
doubt anyone here knows for sure, but my guess is that no it wouldn't

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.