Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:31 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Try logging into your SPG account rather than your AmEx account. When I log in at SPG I see the option to refer for both personal and business cards, despite the fact that I have no business card.

Best of luck!
Wher in your SPG account do you see the option to refer??
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wonderer
Wher in your SPG account do you see the option to refer??
Bottom right corner of the "My account" page.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
When I click on the refer it takes me to amex, i click on refer for the personal card (the one i have) and then i get
The information you entered below does not match our records. Please try again.
is that because I haven't linked the card to my online amex profile yet?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ianturner
When I click on the refer it takes me to amex, i click on refer for the personal card (the one i have) and then i get

is that because I haven't linked the card to my online amex profile yet?
Probably - link it up and see what happens.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Probably - link it up and see what happens.
i will when i get back to it, i'm not in the same physical location as my card until next week
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:49 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Just a data point....
I applied today for the business version of this card and kept getting error messages after I hit submit. I did this three times (dif browsers, computers, etc). I figured it was just temporarily broken, but now I see that two of the applications actually went through. Oops.

So, just be aware that the error message doesn't mean that the applications aren't going through. Check your application status with Amex before just assuming it didn't work.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/e...l=appstatusrec
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:02 pm

i have had a hell of a time with this expedite business, so i thought i'd pass on what i've learned.

according to 2 amex csrs and 1 "supervisor" if you want your card expedited, you need to tell them that on the phone during your application. as soon as you've hit the 'submit' button for an online application, it is too late. yes this implies you cannot both use a referral link and get the card expedited, because the only way to use a referral is through that emailed link.

why they cannot simply put my card into a different envelope than the generic first class usmail one is unclear.

initially i was told that they could overnight me a replacement card but not until the first one had been mailed out. now i'm told that is not an option either, that they in fact need to wait 10 days after mailing the first one to expedite a replacement. so, i'll be waiting until 8/29 to get my card and then have 5 days to refer some people...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by decibel08
why they cannot simply put my card into a different envelope than the generic first class usmail one is unclear.
I assume new account orders are automatically transmitted to a sub-contractor which fabricates and ships the cards. Replacement and other expedited orders probably travel though an entirely separate channel.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
When I applied it gave me an option to get card number now to use for and SPG bookings. I clicked yes. Along with instant card number, the card delivery was expedited. I received it within 3 days of application.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I assume new account orders are automatically transmitted to a sub-contractor which fabricates and ships the cards. Replacement and other expedited orders probably travel though an entirely separate channel.
sigh, probably true. my ire is likely misplaced as usual.

Originally Posted by pmat2009
When I applied it gave me an option to get card number now to use for and SPG bookings. I clicked yes. Along with instant card number, the card delivery was expedited. I received it within 3 days of application.
... - this would have been incredibly useful for me!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by josephstern
Bottom right corner of the "My account" page.
Thanks, found it. It is there for me only before I log in. Once I log in the "refer link" is nowhere I can see.

When I clicked on the refer link for the business card, and fill in my card information or login information, I keep getting the "We're sorry the system is not responding. Please try again later." I guess I will try in a few hours and see.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:55 pm

Received SPG Biz card via expedited UPS service. It doesn't mention anything about receiving 20k points with 5k purchase within 6 months. It only mentioned receiving 10k points upon your lst purchase.

Is this what everyone sees in the package?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Received SPG Biz card via expedited UPS service. It doesn't mention anything about receiving 20k points with 5k purchase within 6 months. It only mentioned receiving 10k points upon your lst purchase.

Is this what everyone sees in the package?

Yes, thats exactly what I got in the mail. Called and confirmed that I'll get 20K after $5K spend in 6 months.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by chemist661
Yes, 30K is the largest bonus Starwood gives. My wife got approved for Biz & Personal two years ago. We cancelled the person 13 months ago & kept the Biz. She applied for the personal card and got an instant approval. We will cancel the Biz card when the new card comes.

What is different now is the minimum spend is alot higher than 2 yrs ago. I do not recall what it was but it may have been $1K/account. Now it is $5K/account.

The Starwood pts are quite valuable. Especially when used as "cash & points" for hotel redemptions.
Thank you just wanted to make sure.

wow was it really only $1K spend before? The only reason I am holding of is, because I want to make sure I can hit the min spend with in 6 months. (Wish it was still around $1K. The $5K spend is high.)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by World-Wide
Thank you just wanted to make sure.

wow was it really only $1K spend before? The only reason I am holding of is, because I want to make sure I can hit the min spend with in 6 months. (Wish it was still around $1K. The $5K spend is high.)
I want to say last year's requirement was $5k in 3 months because I remember struggling a bit to meet it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.