Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Did you earn your AMIGO status thru flying or did you use your OW/Sapphire to get O6/GOLD. Alaska will verify with your airline that your status is earned thru flying. Vey unlikely to get matched in that case.
I HIGHLY doubt other airlines would verify elite status for non partners atleast

But AS only match certain airlines and O6 is not on the list.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Did you earn your AMIGO status thru flying or did you use your OW/Sapphire to get O6/GOLD. Alaska will verify with your airline that your status is earned thru flying. Vey unlikely to get matched in that case.
I used my Skyteam Elite+ to match.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Granite64
I used my Skyteam Elite+ to match.
Worth a try anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by kauppias
I HIGHLY doubt other airlines would verify elite status for non partners atleast . But AS only match certain airlines and O6 is not on the list.
Actually AS has been fairly picky about not matching "unearned" status. Whether they decipher it from your submitted mileage statement, your Recent AS history, or have other mechanisms I don't know. But there have been a number of reported rejections for matching status that was not earned through flying (including one of my family members ).
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:02 am

I HIGHLY doubt other airlines would verify elite status for non partners atleast

But AS only match certain airlines and O6 is not on the list.
Yes, I'd suggest it's not verified by other airlines, however plenty of airlines request statements before status matches
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Actually AS has been fairly picky about not matching "unearned" status. Whether they decipher it from your submitted mileage statement, your Recent AS history, or have other mechanisms I don't know. But there have been a number of reported rejections for matching status that was not earned through flying (including one of my family members ).
Yes they are very picky also they are strict on the once in a lifetime rule as I tried to rematch after I had foolishly burned my match years ago when I did not fly alot. Now that I average 150-200k a year paid travel they no longer would match so I had to stick with AA so again people make sure you match when the potential benefits are the best for you as you may NOT get a second chance

But my point was merrly that I doubt other airlines would tell AS anything. Most likely they know whos matching who and ask for statements if they suspect matches

smart. I really do like the way AS works I just Wish they offered a challenge to those previously matched later wishful thinking I know
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Yes they are very picky also they are strict on the once in a lifetime rule as I tried to rematch after I had foolishly burned my match years ago when I did not fly alot. Now that I average 150-200k a year paid travel they no longer would match so I had to stick with AA so again people make sure you match when the potential benefits are the best for you as you may NOT get a second chance

But my point was merrly that I doubt other airlines would tell AS anything. Most likely they know whos matching who and ask for statements if they suspect matches

smart. I really do like the way AS works I just Wish they offered a challenge to those previously matched later wishful thinking I know
They matched my Northwest status to Gold back in 2005 and I never re-qualified with AS. In 2013 I got so fed up with DL, I asked AS if they would make an exception because I had moved back to Seattle, and had become so fed up with DL. They agreed to match my DL gold to MVP again. I guess it depends on your story and who you get to speak to?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
They matched my Northwest status to Gold back in 2005 and I never re-qualified with AS. In 2013 I got so fed up with DL, I asked AS if they would make an exception because I had moved back to Seattle, and had become so fed up with DL. They agreed to match my DL gold to MVP again. I guess it depends on your story and who you get to speak to?
That is very true! I allready had enough premium fare travel booked to qualify for MVPG75 but since its 100% partner miles I guess they just didnt care I am based internationally so the AS partners made sense for me but I am just not willing to start from scratch so will settle with AA had I moved back to USA theb perhaps they would have been more accepting
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Bottom line: MileagePlan will be overly generous and accommodating if you speak to them and explain your circumstances. They have the best customer service out of any US airline, hands down.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:10 am

Bottom line: MileagePlan will be overly generous and accommodating if you speak to them and explain your circumstances. They have the best customer service out of any US airline, hands down.
I second it
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:07 pm

I will send them a second email and well see 😂👍 allways worth a shot
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Be interested to know if anyone has matched OWE (BA) to *A Gold?

OF
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by OldFruity
Be interested to know if anyone has matched OWE (BA) to *A Gold?

OF
Yes. Many of us used the O6 and TK match last year. TK does a challenge now and O6 match ended.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
OK Tnx

OF
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:42 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Yes. Many of us used the O6 and TK match last year. TK does a challenge now and O6 match ended.
TK does a match to the following members, afaik:

Star Alliance (Gold), Skyteam (Elite Plus), Oneworld (Emerald), Emirates (Gold - Platinum), Etihad (Gold - Platinum) and El Al (Platinum - Top Platinum).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.