Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Hi

I'm a bit new to this status match stuff, but have successfully matched Cathay Gold to Gulf Air and then Gulf Air to Etihad Gold.

As the Cathay Gold has expired im trying to get back to One World. I see AB have a match but only if you live in Germany.

Is there any other OW that might match, or any other airlines currently matching that are worth doing? I don't have a Star Alliance yet.
If you want OW, then RJ would be a good alternative to CX.

I'm *G and would like to have OW S, and I needed a leg from HKG to BKK. RJ is doing that at a reasonable price. Bought the ticket, asked for the match, they approved it and now all I need to do is to fly that leg and I'll have the status for 2 years. I need to fly 40k within 2 years with RJ to maintain it, which is actually very fair especially all their Y gives 100% miles.

I'm seriously considering doing it since I have re-qualified and can't run until 2017 anyway, even though RJ doesn't fly to CPH.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Re: Copa:

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Any idea how long it takes for the physical card to arrive?
I have a similar concern, I wonder if it will ever arrive. OTOH, a paper printed version of my Platinum card gained me entry ^ (after 5 minutes of the receptionist doing something on her computer ) to the (outrageously crowded and very poorly provisioned but under construction so there’s hope for something better ) LAX UA Club a few days ago.

Originally Posted by kauppias
Copa did not even bother responding to the email sent by the Mrs so either they are inundated with emails or dont care
They never replied to any of my 3 identical emails over a week or 10 days. However, a day after the third email my upgraded status was displayed on their website. Suggest the INREA* variation of HUCA.

(* If No Reply, Email Again)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Re: Copa:

I have a similar concern, I wonder if it will ever arrive. OTOH, a paper printed version of my Platinum card gained me entry ^ (after 5 minutes of the receptionist doing something on her computer ) to the (outrageously crowded and very poorly provisioned but under construction so there’s hope for something better ) LAX UA Club a few days ago.

They never replied to any of my 3 identical emails over a week or 10 days. However, a day after the third email my upgraded status was displayed on their website. Suggest the INREA* variation of HUCA.

(* If No Reply, Email Again)

I just check still at member status, so I emailed again :

We will see. They are as prompt as AC
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
My Presidential Platinum card arrived in the mail a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
After requesting from Copa, Received this today:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx

Greetings on behalf of ConnectMiles.

We are developing a new product to assign PreferMember status in ConnectMiles.

Please contact us at the end of the year in order review your request.

We appreciate your interest in our loyalty program and invite you to include your ConnectMiles number when you book your travel on Copa Airlines and our partners to earn miles and enjoy benefits.

Best Regards,

ConnectMiles

Copa Airlines
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:34 pm

Just got matched by Avianca Brazil to Amigo Gold (*G) from airberlin topbonus gold.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:41 pm
alc

other than TK, any other star alliance airlines match AC*G? I can give my wife an AC E50K status that will expire in Feb 29, 2016, but I need to do it today. I already got her TK*G before, hence, can't match again.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by klausa
Just got matched by Avianca Brazil to Amigo Gold (*G) from airberlin topbonus gold.
How much time did it take for you to get status after sending the request email?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by romania2007
How much time did it take for you to get status after sending the request email?
Sent them email on 6th of October.

edit: actually now looking at my mail, I've sent them an email twice, accidentally. First time was on 1/10. I have no clue how I accidentally resent the exact same email five days later, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Sent them email on 6th of October.

edit: actually now looking at my mail, I've sent them an email twice, accidentally. First time was on 1/10. I have no clue how I accidentally resent the exact same email five days later, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did they send you a email about the match or did you just see it in your online account?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Did they send you a email about the match or did you just see it in your online account?
Got an email in portuguese.

I neither live in Brazil, put in brazilian address while registering, nor sent the email requesting match in portuguese.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Got matched to Alitalia Freccia Alata Club from Malaysia Airlines Gold.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by benberg2013
After requesting from Copa, Received this today:
I got the same after submitting my TK card (before there was talk that the competitor had to be in Copa's region). A couple of weeks later I resubmitted using my AA EXP card and was watched to Copa Platinum with 48 hours.

Maybe give it another shot.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by danger
I got the same after submitting my TK card (before there was talk that the competitor had to be in Copa's region). A couple of weeks later I resubmitted using my AA EXP card and was watched to Copa Platinum with 48 hours.

Maybe give it another shot.
Im suprised copa only matched EXP to platinum?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:19 am

Got an email in portuguese.

I neither live in Brazil, put in brazilian address while registering, nor sent the email requesting match in portuguese.

When is the status until?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.