Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Just scored Alitalia GOLD and Avianca Brazil GOLD with Jet Airways status.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Me too, from Qantas Points Gold..
Check it out the new campaign by Aeroflot
http://www.aeroflot.ru/statusmatch/
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Alex100i
Check it out the new campaign by Aeroflot
http://www.aeroflot.ru/statusmatch/
This is a challenge, not a match.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Had sent AZ Gold & AB Gold card to Avianca Brazil and only received...Star Alliance Silver. Sent a second mail asking why I didn't get Gold with a copy of my EY Gold card. Got a reply one week later with Star Gold status valid until 03/17... ^
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Had sent AZ Gold & AB Gold card to Avianca Brazil and only received...Star Alliance Silver. Sent a second mail asking why I didn't get Gold with a copy of my EY Gold card. Got a reply one week later with Star Gold status valid until 03/17... ^
Its still odd that some get diamond, others gold, and the rest silver with AZ gold 😊

BUT it is good that they respond to emails, unlike AZ
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
I suppose it depends a lot on who is answering the emails, I very much doubt the workers answering the emails have as much exposure to FFPs as the standard Flyertalk user.

My wife asked AZ for a match from Qantas Platinum One and received Ulisse. The only logic I can see is that the Platinum One card is silver in colour.

Avianca Brazil are probably pretty similar. If you don't get what you want, just ask politely with an explanation of why you think they are wrong. Chances are this will get the request looked at by a supervisor.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:48 pm

Got my wife's A3 silver matched to Amigo Gold. Sent through the email on 28 Oct, got response from Avianca on 23 Nov. However on Avianca website, still showing as bronze card.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Avianca in Brazil GOLD Status!

Used my LANPASS Comodoro elite card to get successfully matched to Avianca Brazil GOLD. Star Gold status is through till March 2017!

This is my timeline of events;

2nd Nov: Sent e-mail requesting status match with only front and back of elite card.
27th Nov: Received confirmation of status match to GOLD.

Pretty timely process but at least they matched!!! Also, on Avianca website, it shows me as Gold member.

Does anyone know normally how long this gold status is recognised in the Star Alliance system? I have a few *A flights coming up and I don't think print out might be accepted to get benefits and lounge access...

Thanks,
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I want to know how everyone created their Avianca Amigo account. I can't get into my account, it seems locked up. I never seemed to make it pass the new account process.....
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
I want to know how everyone created their Avianca Amigo account. I can't get into my account, it seems locked up. I never seemed to make it pass the new account process.....
I remember when I signed up.. it wasn't easy... I think I tried multiple times with different things and it just magically worked..... Haha.. I know that's not much help but yeah.. that's how I got mine to sign up...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Had the same problem.

Originally Posted by minjunkwak
I remember when I signed up.. it wasn't easy... I think I tried multiple times with different things and it just magically worked..... Haha.. I know that's not much help but yeah.. that's how I got mine to sign up...
Thanks. I guess I'll try again when sitting on my magic carpet
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:30 am

Don't use google chrome page translation thingy, just fill it out in portuguese copy-pasting names of fields you're not sure into translate.google.com.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I just picked the english language version and. Signed up the whole family with no issues... The only issues came when using the portugese version...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Still waiting for my BA Silver card to arrive in the post, so I've sent a screenshot of my BAEC account to the Avianca status match.

Keeping fingers crossed...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Friend told me that Copa is now asking for a proof of one flight with them before agreeing to match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.