Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by nacho
Have you tried that? I'm worried that they check where you are registered in that address.
An update on this:

A friend of mine received the following email today from Air Berlin after opening account with Swiss address and requesting a status match:

"Dear Mr xxxxx ,

thank you for your E-Mail and your Status Match request.

This offer is only available for German, Austrian and Swiss members. In this case please send us a confirmation / verification of your registration card where we can see, that you live in Switzerland.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards, "

So, presumably, if your name is not Müller or something german-sounding, they might well ask for proof of address.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by benberg2013
So, presumably, if your name is not Müller or something german-sounding, they might well ask for proof of address.
There are about 1 million Turks living in Germany, and a big bunch of Danish minority living close to the Danish border. I guess it's more like a Smith/Chen might raise a red flag.

What does "verification" card mean? They can't demand people showing their ID
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
Originally Posted by nacho
There are about 1 million Turks living in Germany, and a big bunch of Danish minority living close to the Danish border. I guess it's more like a Smith/Chen might raise a red flag.

What does "verification" card mean? They can't demand people showing their ID
I guess you don't have to send it, but then they'll simply decline your status match request; they (in turn) don't have to accommodate your request...

On the topic of showing your card for lounge access: I've had it happen recently that I've flown KL metal, had a CI elite + card, registered that number on my boarding pass, all was stated in my boarding pass, but several lounge dragons still demanded to see my card... At least with AF/KL they apparently can't see statuses of other FFQs in their system and don't care what the BP says...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by sth1984
I guess you don't have to send it, but then they'll simply decline your status match request; they (in turn) don't have to accommodate your request...

On the topic of showing your card for lounge access: I've had it happen recently that I've flown KL metal, had a CI elite + card, registered that number on my boarding pass, all was stated in my boarding pass, but several lounge dragons still demanded to see my card... At least with AF/KL they apparently can't see statuses of other FFQs in their system and don't care what the BP says...
Would they be happy with picture of the card?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
I just received the following response from Air Canada to a status match request I sent in MARCH!!!

Hello,

Congratulations, you are now eligible to reach a higher Altitude status with an Altitude Challenge.

As of August 21st , 2015, if you earn 18,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or 18 Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge over the next 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enjoy Altitude Elite 50K status through February 28, 2017.

Your current Altitude status (if any) will not change at the beginning of the 90 day challenge period. Once you earn the required number of AQM or AQS, your status will be updated within four weeks, and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges. Your Altitude package will follow within four to six weeks.

Best regards,

The Air Canada Altitude Team

Terms & Conditions
This Altitude Challenge is for the Altitude status outlined above. To reach any other Altitude status, you will need to meet the published qualification levels outlined at http://altitude.aircanada.com. If you are unable to earn the required number of AQM or AQS outlined above within the 90 day challenge period, your Altitude status will not change.
· Please ensure that all contact information is up to date on your Aeroplan Profile, including your mailing address, e-mail and phone number(s).
· Travel which is eligible for this offer is flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge which earn AQM and AQS. In order to be eligible for this offer, AQM and AQS must be posted to your Aeroplan account during, and flights must depart within, the 90 day challenge period. Air Canada-marketed codeshare flights operated by other airlines are not eligible. Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible. AQM and AQS earned in conjunction with special bonus offers and promotions, or earned through travel on other Star Alliance members airlines, are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply.
· In subsequent years following this Altitude Challenge, reach Altitude status by meeting the published qualification levels outlined at http://altitude.aircanada.com. Altitude Challenges will only be offered at most every five years, or at Air Canada’s discretion.
· At its sole discretion, Air Canada reserves the right to revoke Altitude status awarded in conjunction with an Altitude Challenge. All Terms & Conditions of Air Canada Altitude apply, and can be reviewed at http://altitude.aircanada.com.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
AC does seem to have an unadvertised status match program. At the end of 2013, I actually got straight matched to E50K without any challenge, based on my AF Skyteam Gold, TK Gold, A3 Gold and CX MP Gold (ahem)... well, considering I went on to keep AC SE for the third year in a row since, I suppose the bet paid off for them.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:36 pm

how long does the status match from Aegean Gold to Turkish Air Gold last ?

my A3 which I thought would last 5 years seems to only last a year or so ,

If I status match now will I get all of 2016 ?

I do not plan on flying Star until next year anyway

thanks for the info
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Turkish Should offer you gold for 2 years from status match date��
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
any news on resuming the Oneworld Emerald (LAN Airlines) status match?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
An update on this:

A friend of mine received the following email today from Air Berlin after opening account with Swiss address and requesting a status match:

"Dear Mr xxxxx ,

thank you for your E-Mail and your Status Match request.

This offer is only available for German, Austrian and Swiss members. In this case please send us a confirmation / verification of your registration card where we can see, that you live in Switzerland.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards, "

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Turkish Should offer you gold for 2 years from status match date��
Originally Posted by derek2010
any news on resuming the Oneworld Emerald (LAN Airlines) status match?
I'm just about to hit EXP on AA for the the first time, and I'd love to be able to status match over to TK and then back to AB or LA (assuming you can't match AA to those airlines because they are partners) to get Admirals Club access. Anyone know if this (or something similar) can be done?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by vhrum
I'm just about to hit EXP on AA for the the first time, and I'd love to be able to status match over to TK and then back to AB or LA (assuming you can't match AA to those airlines because they are partners) to get Admirals Club access. Anyone know if this (or something similar) can be done?
If you have a german etc address then yes. Tk will match exp with statement and then ab should match providing you have an address in DE on file...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:34 am
alc

A few AA flights coming up end of this year and next year, and hence looking for free OW status match to get me lounge access and higher (weight) baggage allowance.

I read about RJ above by benberg2013 but state I need to credit 1 flight - is that RJ flight or an AA paid flight will do.

Also, I read somewhere (maybe here) that doing an AA Challenge will get you temporary status for 90 days, is this true?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
A few AA flights coming up end of this year and next year, and hence looking for free OW status match to get me lounge access and higher (weight) baggage allowance.

I read about RJ above by benberg2013 but state I need to credit 1 flight - is that RJ flight or an AA paid flight will do.

Also, I read somewhere (maybe here) that doing an AA Challenge will get you temporary status for 90 days, is this true?
If you do the Platinum Challenge, and if you already have high status with another program, and if you ask very nicely and get a cooperative agent, they'll move you up to AA Gold during the challenge.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by alc

It needs to be a RJ paid flight. This is what they sent me when I requested a match:

Dear Sir,

We hope that you would always continue to choose Royal Jordanian, and we look forward to see you on board Royal Jordanian frequently , kindly be noted that your gold membership card with Turkish Airlines and Gold Aegean Airlines equals the Gold status with Royal plus to be offered based on the below conditions : Holding a ticket on Royal Jordanian for a forthcoming trip; noting that the card and benefits would only be activated as of your first trip with RJ.

•Status match will be approved one time only for the same passenger.
•The processing and approval of each status match request would be at the sole discretion and judgment of Royal Jordanian Airlines.

Please check below link for further info regarding the Gold level benefits : http://www.rj.com/en/ffp_gold_plus.html

Regards
Royal plus

Originally Posted by alc
This may be true, but AA requires payment to be enrolled in their challenges - I think $140 for the gold challenge, and $250 for the Platinum.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:54 am
alc

Originally Posted by yvrgary
If you do the Platinum Challenge, and if you already have high status with another program, and if you ask very nicely and get a cooperative agent, they'll move you up to AA Gold during the challenge.
I am AC E75K right now and will be SE100K before Oct 15. But reading benberg2013 respond, I need to pay for AA Challenge, hence I guess I will pass AA Challenge then.

It needs to be a RJ paid flight. This is what they sent me when I requested a match:
Thanks for the info. I guess RJ status match is out too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.