Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by bensim
Congrats. How long is the matched status?
1 year from date of status match.

Last edited by mlqsko; Feb 24, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Here is the link for the new Qantas (one world) status match promotion which is on until 9th March. They seem to be matching all gold cards, except for Emirates. Only valid for NZ residents, although you may find a way to receive it...
See also this.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by bensim
Congrats. How long is the matched status?
Thanks bensim. It is valid until March 31, 2016.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Here is the link for the new Qantas (one world) status match promotion which is on until 9th March. They seem to be matching all gold cards, except for Emirates. Only valid for NZ residents, although you may find a way to receive it...
See also this.
Thanks for posting this, benberg2013. Too bad that this comes at the same time as the AB promotion. Is it too much to ask the OW carriers to coordinate their respective status match campaigns, at a rhythm of one per year...

It's about time for *A and SkyTeam carriers to join the party...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Thanks for posting this, benberg2013. Too bad that this comes at the same time as the AB promotion. Is it too much to ask the OW carriers to coordinate their respective status match campaigns, at a rhythm of one per year...
^^

It's about time for *A and SkyTeam carriers to join the party...
Well for *A we have TK (and United trial for 90 days) albeit they don't match all golds (TK need OWE and Skyteam Elite+ and *A gold)

But I agree - with skyteam - its very hard to find a skyteam member airline to give out a match. Except maybe Delta which gives 90 day trials to United Golds, and some other America-based airlines. (Although with my experience I received gold as a match from United, which I then tried to match to Delta, but they saw I had no flights credited to united, so they declined.)
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:29 pm

For ST, search this thread for China airlines
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mlqsko
For ST, search this thread for China airlines
I tried, but they need you to buy one flight with them, and that's not on the plan any time soon...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:37 pm

I tried, but they need you to buy one flight with them, and that's not on the plan any time soon...
Since when refundable is a problem?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
Help getting OneWorld Status

I just booked an AA flight (MIA-SCL) for X'mas this year for my family of 3. I am more care about Baggage Allowance as I seems to have difficulty packing my bags below 50lb , hence looking for Sapphire status (I think)

BTW, Since I do travel for work, can I do status challenge with AA. I kind of recall reading somewhere that you get Gold status during the challenge. But not sure if Gold status give me the extra weight that I am looking for. I do have TK*G that expire in 2017 and I am also AC*G (my main program).
You do get Gold status during the challenge, but as that's only OW Silver it won't likely help you match to anyone else.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by yvrgary
You do get Gold status during the challenge, but as that's only OW Silver it won't likely help you match to anyone else.
If you're traveling in Christmas you have some time-- I'd just match your *A to Gulf and use that to match to another OW carrier like Air Berlin.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Anyone get there Etihad status match yet?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by bgriz18
Anyone get there Etihad status match yet?
Yes, after weeks and several requests.
But I didn't receive my gold card yet although I already flown (in J) with them and I have 40k miles on my account
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KiteM
Yes, after weeks and several requests.
But I didn't receive my gold card yet although I already flown (in J) with them and I have 40k miles on my account
My etihad status match confirmation came in an email about five weeks ago, and i received the gold pack this week. And I have no miles in my account.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
My etihad status match confirmation came in an email about five weeks ago, and i received the gold pack this week. And I have no miles in my account.
I sent my request on 16.11 and got status matched on 14.01
I received nothing until today (as well as the A3 card)

I will send them an email
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Here is the link for the new Qantas (one world) status match promotion which is on until 9th March. They seem to be matching all gold cards, except for Emirates. Only valid for NZ residents
I've made it now, using my TK Gold.. I'm curious, before to request it I've changed my address to the local embassy in Wellington, could I become Gold with Qantas then later re-change to my real address in Italy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.