Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
How long is your status on TK in this conditions valid? 2015?2016?
2 years from the match date.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by mlqsko
2 years from the match date.
Nice. I would try it also ^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I consider myself a knowledgeable airline person, and I believe Aegean Miles & Bonus is the BEST star alliance program.
I have matched TK Elite, Etihad gold and China Airlines Emerald (Skyteam) with my Aegean M&B card.
All together, I am very happy about it and give my business to Aegean whenever appropriate.

Hi,
I tried status match with EY and received the following email

Etihad Guest Number: 103xxxxxxxx

Dear Dr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Etihad Guest Service Centre requesting for us to upgrade your Etihad Guest Tier in line with one that you are affiliated with already.

All considerations of this nature are managed by our local sales representatives who will sponsor your tier upgrade following an evaluation of your request. We therefore request you to please contact your nearest local Etihad office in order to explore the possibility of a Tier status match.

Please ensure that you keep on hand a copy of your valid membership card with the other frequent flyer programme along with a copy of the latest statement which clearly indicates your current Tier level and send your Etihad Guest number to our staff for reference.

Thank you once again for your valuable support and loyalty to Etihad Guest.

You can also visit our website www.etihadguest.com where you will find our terms and conditions of the Etihad Guest programme..

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us

We look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the future.

Yours Sincerely,
Did you do the same?

I already provided them with a screenshot of my statement were they can see last flights flown, when the card was updated and the gold status.....however, I didn't provide them with a copy of the card as I didn't receive it yet.

Any suggest?
Where I can find the nearest local etihad office?

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:10 pm

No luck with KLM. Sent a request to China Air, so hopefully that goes through.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by gggg707
No luck with KLM. Sent a request to China Air, so hopefully that goes through.

Klm did status matches in 2012-2013 but its been quiet for awhile now... Hopefully in 2015 theyll do it again
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Folks - I am DL DM and looking to status match to a *G. Is Aegean still my best bet? if so, what's their contact info to ask for status match. TIA
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by topcat_dcx
Folks - I am DL DM and looking to status match to a *G. Is Aegean still my best bet? if so, what's their contact info to ask for status match. TIA
Aegean doesn't offer status match and you would need to fly 20k before nov 24 if you wanna gold with the actual rules. Afterwards it's more difficult.

Otherwise there is TK with offers *g status match...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
I've had little luck, but good to know about turkish.

Delta Diamond with no status matches yet. Have tried a few in the past week, will see what happens.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Hi,
I tried status match with EY and received the following email

Did you do the same?

I already provided them with a screenshot of my statement were they can see last flights flown, when the card was updated and the gold status.....however, I didn't provide them with a copy of the card as I didn't receive it yet.

Any suggest?
Where I can find the nearest local etihad office?

Thanks
Although nobody answer me (and it's strange due to how many people already got the EY status match) I will update you
I received yesterday the following email

Etihad Guest Number: 103xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx,

Greetings from Etihad Guest!

Please ignore the previous email sent to you.

Further to your request for a tier match, please be advised that we are looking into the concerns you have raised. Rest assured that your email has received our attention and we hope that in time, we would be able to correspond with you accordingly.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is much appreciated.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
Let's see if they accept it or not
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Although nobody answer me (and it's strange due to how many people already got the EY status match) I will update you
I received yesterday the following email

Let's see if they accept it or not
Good luck
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
For anyone trying to get status match with Turkish, follow this link https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en . For "feedback category" choose "Miles and smiles program" , for "feedback type" choose "request", for "feedback subject" choose "Other" then fill out the details. I tried other subjects but got no response after over 6 weeks each, then tried this, and got matched 3 weeks later. (Upload copies of card and recent flight activities.)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
For anyone trying to get status match with Turkish, follow this link https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en . For "feedback category" choose "Miles and smiles program" , for "feedback type" choose "request", for "feedback subject" choose "Other" then fill out the details. I tried other subjects but got no response after over 6 weeks each, then tried this, and got matched 3 weeks later. (Upload copies of card and recent flight activities.)
Thank you mate ^

Did you got 2 years gold?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Thank you mate ^

Did you got 2 years gold?
Yes.

Even though i'm *A gold with Aegean, the main benefit with Turkish Gold is the 2 free upgrades a year to business.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Yes.

Even though i'm *A gold with Aegean, the main benefit with Turkish Gold is the 2 free upgrades a year to business.
Since when do TK elite get two free upgrades?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: FB platinum, M&S elite+, M&B gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Since when do TK elite get two free upgrades?
Elite Plus members get 2 free upgrade vouchers per year, Elite members (*G matched status) don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.