Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by butterblogger
I have Delta Gold (with potential to push to Platinum in October, vs possibly rolling over lots of miles) and have a long trip coming up at New Years (DTW - CGK) on UA/ANA. I'm seeking input on 3 possibilities

1) Match to UA now (before the offer expires) and complete the challenge in October.

2) Hold out, and hope that UA re-offers in the fall, and then the miles from the New Years trip will complete the challenge.

3) Forget UA and match to TK now, since it seems to be good for 2 years. Is there an advantage for one program over the other?

Thanks!
What is your intention with the miles/status earned/matched?

Are you planning on using the accrued miles on UA for award travel or do you just want Star Alliance Gold or whatever status they're offering?

How valuable is your current and potential DL status?

TK is valuable as its good for 24 months, but redeeming the miles is kind of impossible in comparison so its just a case of getting the benefits of the status. UA on the other hand gives you the miles, the status and more opportunity to redeem
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Neil791
What is your intention with the miles/status earned/matched?

Are you planning on using the accrued miles on UA for award travel or do you just want Star Alliance Gold or whatever status they're offering?

How valuable is your current and potential DL status?

TK is valuable as its good for 24 months, but redeeming the miles is kind of impossible in comparison so its just a case of getting the benefits of the status. UA on the other hand gives you the miles, the status and more opportunity to redeem
Thanks for the insightful questions. While I like the perks of status (who doesn't) there are a couple things in particular I'm thinking about.

1) the extra RDM are low priority (would still take the flight miles on UA). Was thinking about *A Gold.
2) I would like to move to economy plus for free, and don't think TK status gets me that
3) Lounge access is nice but not essential (traveling companion has that covered)

I think I'm going to wait 'til fall. In years past UA has offered Status Match Challenges late in the year, and hopefully will again. If not, the TK offer has been around for a while, and I can go for that.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by butterblogger
Thanks for the insightful questions. While I like the perks of status (who doesn't) there are a couple things in particular I'm thinking about.

1) the extra RDM are low priority (would still take the flight miles on UA). Was thinking about *A Gold.
2) I would like to move to economy plus for free, and don't think TK status gets me that
3) Lounge access is nice but not essential (traveling companion has that covered)

I think I'm going to wait 'til fall. In years past UA has offered Status Match Challenges late in the year, and hopefully will again. If not, the TK offer has been around for a while, and I can go for that.
I'm not sure they are mutually exclusive. I don't have a problem using my TK elite card to gain lounge access while crediting flights to UA. You don't get economy plus for free with TK on UA flights, so the main other benefits if you don't have united status is bag check and elite screening lines (the TK card works here too). For Bag check you probably have to change your ff# after you check your bags.

Still, you can always get both TK status match and UA challenges, if you want to cover everything.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:35 am

or the other option as well would be to open an Aegean (A3) account and credit 19k miles to them in the first year in order to get *Gold; be aware however that some fare classes on other carriers don't credit 100% mileage.

the benefit with A3 is that you only need to credit at least one flight per year after reaching *G to retain status....for now of course until they change it but lets hope that doesn't happen.

this of course will give you all of the *G privileges on an indefinite basis which allows you to use another program for mileage accumulation if that's the other big priority.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
It takes about a month to match, and another month to receive your card. So you should be patient !
I applied for status match on july 6. still not updated on their website....its a loooooong wait....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by sunnyzip
I applied for status match on july 6. still not updated on their website....its a loooooong wait....
I applied a long time ago and even re-applied and still no updates!

Perhaps they're going through the same thing TK did when it became public knowledge that a status match was being offered and they just couldn't cope with all of the traffic?!?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 am

I got my China EMERALD card 2 days ago Thanks KATERGOO!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I got my China EMERALD card 2 days ago Thanks KATERGOO!
What is the expiry date on it?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
What is the expiry date on it?
5/15
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:48 am

@mlqsko, you'd mentioned earlier that you'd emailed them a couple of times to follow up...would you mind sending me the email address you used (either here or via PM) as it would appear as though the one I used isn't being monitored?!? cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Neil791
@mlqsko, you'd mentioned earlier that you'd emailed them a couple of times to follow up...would you mind sending me the email address you used (either here or via PM) as it would appear as though the one I used isn't being monitored?!? cheers!
I never got a response from either of the two email I used. PM sent.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
It is more than a month since I requested a status match - I emailed twice at this email [email protected]. but no response or change in my account status on their website.

Can anyone help me with the right email/procedure.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:36 am

got it, thanks! ^
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Can you pm me as well please? Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2013-2014

could you please pm me too. thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.