Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:05 pm

Hi!
Can anyone suggest the right e-mail to ask for a status match with Delta?
I've sent several e-mails to them and never got an answer
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by antonen
Hi!
Can anyone suggest the right e-mail to ask for a status match with Delta?
I've sent several e-mails to them and never got an answer
Been here yet? http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...atus_match.jsp

This is how I did mine 3 weeks ago without issue.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:31 am

Yes, exactly the same link... Will try it once more. Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by JPL9869
Is the UA status match challenge a once in a lifetime thing?

Has the merger changed anything?
I successfully matched with CO and 1 year later with UA.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by timfountain
I got a status match from AA Plat to CO Gold with the challenge starting on Nov 6th and ending February 4th. During that time I had to fly 17,500 miles to keep Onepass Gold. I flew 18,979 miles from 12/7 to 2/2 and I was consistently recognized as Star Gold with both airlines during that time.

I checked today figuring that I'd see my status permanently as CO Gold, but no, I am now "Non-Elite" so obviously they updated the status but erroneously dumped me back to peon status!

Does anyone have any insight into how the status match challenge process works, is there a specific time of the month that status is adjusted? Or is a glitch more likely? Thoughts on how to fix etc. would be welcome. I already have an email into status match to see if they can help.

Thanks

- Tim
I guess I am lucky. I applied for status match With UA at same time as you (with AA Plat) and was given *A Gold. I did not do any flying to keep the status. It was to expire Feb 3rd and it stil shows *A Gold. In fact I am in a CO lounge in Guam with this status and have used the lounge benefit several times after Feb 3rd. I hope it stays that way for a while and I don't jinx it
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Status Matching on Star Alliance

I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure this out. As I live in Australia, Star Alliance is not possible for domestic travel so I am Qantas Gold (Oneworld Sapphire). However, I am just about to embark on the following journey in July. Other Star alliance flights on various carriers are sechuled for next year.

What I am aiming for is to get enough points to get a ticket from Brisbane to somewhere, most likely New Zealand, even if its only one way. The RTW journey has some 1 Qantas flight from SYD to Hong Kong which obviously won't get me Star Alliance points but the rest is:

Hong Kong to Milan via Zurich on Swiss Z Business Class
Geneva to New York on Swiss Z Business Class
JFK to Sydney on United ( one flight number 819 via SFO)

I also have two internal flights with Air Canada - Boston to Quebec City and Toronto to Chicago - all economy restricted. Later this year also oneway flight on Thai Singapore to Bangkok in Business

Two questions:

Which is the best airline to status match my Qantas Gold to, and what level will I be matched at?
Which airline will get me the most points?

Thanks to anyone who has the time to provide this advice, I realise its a bit complex, and unfortunately I am not very good with these things.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by wtcmor
I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure this out. As I live in Australia, Star Alliance is not possible for domestic travel so I am Qantas Gold (Oneworld Sapphire). However, I am just about to embark on the following journey in July. Other Star alliance flights on various carriers are sechuled for next year.

What I am aiming for is to get enough points to get a ticket from Brisbane to somewhere, most likely New Zealand, even if its only one way. The RTW journey has some 1 Qantas flight from SYD to Hong Kong which obviously won't get me Star Alliance points but the rest is:

Hong Kong to Milan via Zurich on Swiss Z Business Class
Geneva to New York on Swiss Z Business Class
JFK to Sydney on United ( one flight number 819 via SFO)

I also have two internal flights with Air Canada - Boston to Quebec City and Toronto to Chicago - all economy restricted. Later this year also oneway flight on Thai Singapore to Bangkok in Business

Two questions:

Which is the best airline to status match my Qantas Gold to, and what level will I be matched at?
Which airline will get me the most points?

Thanks to anyone who has the time to provide this advice, I realise its a bit complex, and unfortunately I am not very good with these things.
You could try your luck with BD, otherwise if this doesnt work why not going for A3? I'm unsure if they do status matches, but with the miles racked up during your journey you are at first glance highly likely to hit *G during your RTW
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Anyone know of any status matches with Skyteam?

Im ex NCL and want to have AMS as an option due to some of the recent issues with weather at LHR.

Currently BA Silver, and will probs be A3 gold shortly
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:43 pm

I guess this thread is generally not about status matches within OneWorld, but if anyone is interested: I have called IB about matching (or rather moving) my BAEC Silver to them. (I am boycotting LHR and BA, so it's of no use there.)

Answer: they have nothing in place for this. (I understand take that as a "no". )

Last edited by Koby; Feb 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm Reason: vocabulary
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Koby
I guess this thread is generally not about status matches within OneWorld, but if anyone is interested: I have called IB about matching (or rather moving) my BAEC Silver to them. (I am boycotting LHR and BA, so it's of no use there.)

Answer: they have nothing in place for this. (I understand take that as a "no". )
Generally, there are no status matches within alliances.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Generally, there are no status matches within alliances.
So, is it possible to do two status matches across alliances for the same effect?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by samwkchan
So, is it possible to do two status matches across alliances for the same effect?
Yes, in theory, if you can find two programs matching... especially one in OW at the moment...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Yes, in theory, if you can find two programs matching... especially one in OW at the moment...
Just curious, is there a chart for possible status matching pairs?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum
Delta silver and AA gold trying to get any *A status

Hi,

I have a Delta silver and AA gold and trying to get a *A status match. I have emailed United and Continental a few times with all account info and proof but no answer. Which *A airline do I have a chance to match these?
Thanks,

Last edited by iszabo; Mar 4, 2012 at 5:42 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iszabo
Hi,

I have a Delta silver and AA gold and trying to get a *A status match. I have emailed United and Continental a few times with all account info and proof but no answer. Any chance which *A airline I have a chance to match these?
Thanks,
You can pretty much forget CO since they will be gone in a few days. But my question would be why do you even want a match? You already have low tier elite status with two airlines so what do you gain by having a third?

BTW, it is more likely you will need to do a challenge instead of a match but there is much more info about UA over on their forum in this thread....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2010-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.