Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by flashware
I matched my MA Gold to DL Gold without any issue; just need to complete the challenge now in 90 days to keep the status.
Speak about perfect timing - MA is grounded as of today, so MA Gold is probably useless very soon...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Can anyone provide me AA's status match challenge e-mail?

Check out the AA section, there is a sticky that will walk you through the process.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Speak about perfect timing - MA is grounded as of today, so MA Gold is probably useless very soon...
So I just saw! Interesting.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
FYI, no status match on SK from CX Gold, neither on AFKL...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by leonidas
AA Gold here trying to match to UA. I emailed on Jan 13 to [email protected]. Then emailed a second time two weeks later. Then faxed my docs just two days ago.

No response from UA yet. What a way to welcome!! I have a WAS-SEA flight coming up on Feb 8th and I really would have liked to choose better seats and have priority security. I also bought international flights later in Feb on UA hoping to satisfy the match conditions. Seems like a stupid decision now.
After 3/3, United Golds (formerly United Premier/2P) won't be able to select E+ seats for free until check-in (if there are any left).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
After 3/3, United Golds (formerly United Premier/2P) won't be able to select E+ seats for free until check-in (if there are any left).
2p becomes Premier Silver.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
I matched my MA Gold to DL Gold without any issue; just need to complete the challenge now in 90 days to keep the status.
Did they ask for your account statement or only a copy of your card? I can't even access the former... (Another MA Gold.)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by JnsV
Did they ask for your account statement or only a copy of your card? I can't even access the former... (Another MA Gold.)
Just a copy of the card
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by leonidas
AA Gold here trying to match to UA. I emailed on Jan 13 to [email protected]. Then emailed a second time two weeks later. Then faxed my docs just two days ago.

No response from UA yet. What a way to welcome!! I have a WAS-SEA flight coming up on Feb 8th and I really would have liked to choose better seats and have priority security. I also bought international flights later in Feb on UA hoping to satisfy the match conditions. Seems like a stupid decision now.
That's strange.
UA matched my AA Plat instantly with return e mail in early Nov. In fact, as I wanted it till mid Feb, I was hoping it would take a little longer to approve. Now it was to end Feb 3rd but it still shows *A Gold.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Is the UA status match challenge a once in a lifetime thing?

Has the merger changed anything?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
hi,

Im a meridian gold with ukrainian airlines . I would like to get some status with one of the star alliance partners. I.e TG , LH , AC ,NZ .

Could anyone point me in the right direction
Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by JPL9869
Is the UA status match challenge a once in a lifetime thing?

Has the merger changed anything?
I think the UA site mentions that you are ineligible if you status matched in the last 5 years. So I don't think it's once in a lifetime.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Originally Posted by roknroll
I think the UA site mentions that you are ineligible if you status matched in the last 5 years. So I don't think it's once in a lifetime.
with the merger of United / Continental do you get a "free pass" of you try and match with continental before the merger March 3rd?

RB
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
When does CO/UA "true-up' their challanges?

I got a status match from AA Plat to CO Gold with the challenge starting on Nov 6th and ending February 4th. During that time I had to fly 17,500 miles to keep Onepass Gold. I flew 18,979 miles from 12/7 to 2/2 and I was consistently recognized as Star Gold with both airlines during that time.

I checked today figuring that I'd see my status permanently as CO Gold, but no, I am now "Non-Elite" so obviously they updated the status but erroneously dumped me back to peon status!

Does anyone have any insight into how the status match challenge process works, is there a specific time of the month that status is adjusted? Or is a glitch more likely? Thoughts on how to fix etc. would be welcome. I already have an email into status match to see if they can help.

Thanks

- Tim
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by timfountain
I got a status match from AA Plat to CO Gold with the challenge starting on Nov 6th and ending February 4th. During that time I had to fly 17,500 miles to keep Onepass Gold. I flew 18,979 miles from 12/7 to 2/2 and I was consistently recognized as Star Gold with both airlines during that time.

I checked today figuring that I'd see my status permanently as CO Gold, but no, I am now "Non-Elite" so obviously they updated the status but erroneously dumped me back to peon status!

Does anyone have any insight into how the status match challenge process works, is there a specific time of the month that status is adjusted? Or is a glitch more likely? Thoughts on how to fix etc. would be welcome. I already have an email into status match to see if they can help.

Thanks

- Tim
When you signed up for challenge, you should have received an email confirmation. Reply back to that email telling them that you have fulfilled the challenge, but the status did not update. They should be able to fix it fairly quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.