Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by AirCub1
Presumably with Alitalia having a doubtful future, we may start to see some of its competitors offering status match deals for their goal MilleMiglia customers...like me? Certainly I am very reluctant to book anything with Alitalia beyond the next month or so, so will be looking to other airlines be they in the same alliance or others to which to take my custom.
Anyone knows how I can match to MilleMiglia from BA gold? Cheers
Old May 3, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
You can't, AZ ended status match last year.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Anyone knows how I can match to MilleMiglia from BA gold? Cheers
MilleMiglia? AZ gone bankcrupt, who cares anymore
Old May 3, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
In theory, if they matched him and AZ stopped their operations, I believe some of the ST carriers would step up to get AZ's elites' business by offering them a status match. So it might actually be of some use.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by on22cz
In theory, if they matched him and AZ stopped their operations, I believe some of the ST carriers would step up to get AZ's elites' business by offering them a status match. So it might actually be of some use.
Guys AZ always gets saved by the Italian government.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by FFlash
MilleMiglia? AZ gone bankcrupt, who cares anymore
Alitalia have not gone bankrupt, and you could be on extremely shaky legal ground posting such a comment.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by AirCub1
Alitalia have not gone bankrupt, and you could be on extremely shaky legal ground posting such a comment.
Really... but all the news channel say that they have filed for bankruptcy this Tuesday. already!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7716786.html
Old May 17, 2017, 6:10 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Does anybody know if LATAM will match Delta Platinum (75,000 miles/year) to their Platinum (OW Sapphire) or Black (OW Emerald) level?

I've seen reports on StatusMatcher of FB Platinums (70,000 miles/year) getting Black, but of course they also don't have a higher published tier like Delta does with Diamond (125,000 miles/year).
Old May 24, 2017, 1:53 pm

I have AA Platinum Status from a promotion that expires in a month. Could I do a status match somewhere before expiration? What would be the best strategy?

We have a SWA Companion Pass, so most of our domestic flights are on SWA. We primarily would use the status on international trips plus times when I fly for business without her (3-4x per year).
Old May 27, 2017, 7:42 pm

Does Air Canada Offers Status Match?
Old May 27, 2017, 7:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by The3ears
Does Air Canada Offers Status Match?
Not officially.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:19 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Anyone have any luck matching to Asiana. I have some *A travel coming up in Sept and the UA program doesn't really do much for me, though they seem to match AA EXP and PLT PRO (GF's.) OZ seems to be the *A current easy favorite- 2 yr qualification, 40k for *A GLD, and 500k for LT GLD, etc.

I've checked the statusmatch.com link and it doesn't have any good news with only one response.

Address for match communication would also be nice.

Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Anyone have any luck matching to Asiana. I have some *A travel coming up in Sept and the UA program doesn't really do much for me, though they seem to match AA EXP and PLT PRO (GF's.) OZ seems to be the *A current easy favorite- 2 yr qualification, 40k for *A GLD, and 500k for LT GLD, etc.

I've checked the statusmatch.com link and it doesn't have any good news with only one response.

Address for match communication would also be nice.

Thanks.
I've never heard of OZ matching anything. You could try TK, as they seem to give you 4 months of status during which you need to fly a certain amount on either them or *A. Don't remember the exact pqm needed.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:57 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by zeer0
I've never heard of OZ matching anything. You could try TK, as they seem to give you 4 months of status during which you need to fly a certain amount on either them or *A. Don't remember the exact pqm needed.
It seems that TK usually does challenges and requires a flight on TK within 4 months. I've got an OS P fare RT BKK-VIE-LAX in Sept which I could generate apx 20k so would end up with OZ Gold and half way to DIA (I'd like to have *A Gold for lounge access, though I think with the business class ticket, lounge is offered anyway, but for future use, it would be a nice bene.

Plus, OZ DIA is 40k in 24 months, so better than TK.

The other choice is a UA match, but I'm already Premier with Marriott PLT match. Plus, no chance of ever coming close to their requirements to keep status, since the PQD's are absurd.

Worth a try at OZ even if they deny it.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by rbAA
It seems that TK usually does challenges and requires a flight on TK within 4 months. I've got an OS P fare RT BKK-VIE-LAX in Sept which I could generate apx 20k so would end up with OZ Gold and half way to DIA (I'd like to have *A Gold for lounge access, though I think with the business class ticket, lounge is offered anyway, but for future use, it would be a nice bene.

Plus, OZ DIA is 40k in 24 months, so better than TK.

The other choice is a UA match, but I'm already Premier with Marriott PLT match. Plus, no chance of ever coming close to their requirements to keep status, since the PQD's are absurd.

Worth a try at OZ even if they deny it.

TK Elite is 37,5k in 24 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.