Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:31 am

Status Match

2 years ago I was able to use my BA gold card to get the equivalent with both Virgin Atlantic and Alitalia, I didn't really get to use the benefits from them much but now my Virgin Gold has been downgraded Typically I am flying with both Virgin and Delta soon,

Anyway to the question are there any airlines offering Status match at the moment please.

TIA
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:31 am

http://www.statusmatcher.com
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:39 am

I applied for a status match with Turkish Airlines just yesterday. Seems like they give you a few months up front, and extend it to the full 12 months when you take a flight with them during that period.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:48 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is a move away from BA to another airline, we'll move this to MilesBuzz where the OP should get some updated advice which may not be readily available in this forum.

/mod
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kauppias
I thought diamond Amigo soft landed to gold? Thus giving you another year of star gold?
I was Diamond 2 days ago, Basic today. On the card screenshot it used to say it was valid till 31/3/2017 though. I was hoping for a soft landing to Gold too... I have never gotten the physical card as it seemed impossible for Avianca website to enter my home address - no house number, house name instead, numbers in the post code... poor IT I guess. I can see they have a new website now, but I don't think I'll be using it much
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
I was upgraded with Turkish Air to *Gold 2 years ago. Currently, they have downgraded my status to *Silver last year. Nowadays I'm also Gold with Air France.
In order to become matched AGAIN to *Gold with Turkish Air, would it be better to request to match on my old Miles&Smiles account, or to create a new Miles&Smiles account with different email/address and after that request the status match?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
I was Diamond 2 days ago, Basic today. On the card screenshot it used to say it was valid till 31/3/2017 though. I was hoping for a soft landing to Gold too... I have never gotten the physical card as it seemed impossible for Avianca website to enter my home address - no house number, house name instead, numbers in the post code... poor IT I guess. I can see they have a new website now, but I don't think I'll be using it much
Noticed something on my AwardWallet today:

It looks like "Diamond" got trimmed down to "Diam" and both AwardWallet and Avianca Amigo website get confused.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex100i
I was upgraded with Turkish Air to *Gold 2 years ago. Currently, they have downgraded my status to *Silver last year. Nowadays I'm also Gold with Air France.
In order to become matched AGAIN to *Gold with Turkish Air, would it be better to request to match on my old Miles&Smiles account, or to create a new Miles&Smiles account with different email/address and after that request the status match?
TK offers status match only once a lifetime.
It is very unlikely, that they will match you again. TK requires passport scan, so they can easily find duplicated accounts.

Last edited by SPlDER; Feb 3, 2017 at 11:58 pm
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SPlDER
TK offers status match only once a lifetime.
It is very unlikely, that they will match you again. TK requires passport scan, so they can easily find duplicated accounts.
They only recently required passport scans so old matchers MIGHT get away with a second match...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kauppias
They only recently required passport scans so old matchers MIGHT get away with a second match...
Or just create a new account. Let's say your name is John Smith, just add your middle name in the new account, like John W. Smith.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Has anyone succesfully matched the Alitalia Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold) recently?
With any airlines I mean...

Mine is going to expire by the end of this month and I was wondering if I could try any status match :P

Thanks guys
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Has anyone succesfully matched the Alitalia Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold) recently?
With any airlines I mean...

Mine is going to expire by the end of this month and I was wondering if I could try any status match :P

Thanks guys
Likelihood of 2% that they'll match you.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Likelihood of 2% that they'll match you.
Yes, I'm aware of it
Hoping for miracles
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:08 am

Status match -to where?

I am based in Sydney and currently looking to find an airline to status match my Sapphire from oneword and put my mileage. Which airline is open to that? I typically fly to Asia/America, and AA, UA, Delta, and Qantas all fly those routes fairly often. I have rung AA, Qantas, Virgin OZ so far, and all said they did not do status matching now. Where to go?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.