Wiki Posts
Search

What reward program would be best?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus, Topbonus
What reward program would be best?

Unsure where to start posting, pls dont flame me if I dont get my 1st post right..

I'm currently on SAS EuroBonus at Silver level, where I've been for years since I've been working mostly within Scandinavia, a level I've keept the last year on the number of flights done, not on "points". In total I've done some 35-40 flights, 20 with SAS, 15 with LuftHansa and the rest with various other airliners (bmi, Nikki etc...).

Starting from August this year I'll fly more and most will be within europe, is there any airliner that have an "gold" or "exec" level that are reachable in reasonable time so I get access to lounges? Most , if not all flights will be economy so it will have to be on the amount of flights rather than the miles/points, only 1 or 2 intercontinental flights will be done. I was thinking of switching over to TopBonus and AirBerlin since they seems to service most destinations I'll be flying to. And I have fairly good experiences with them in the past. But I'm unsure if I will be reaching their "gold" level within the first year.

How hard is it, for instance to get to "lounge access level" at say, LuftHansa, AirBerlin or Brittish Airways?

Any tips or advices is appreciated..

Cheers

Kent
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:29 pm

united and star alliance is best. ba and their cohorts the worst
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are you objectives from a ffp?
Lounge access generally comes from status (except in USA on domestic flights with ffp's UA/AA)

Look and ask here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

Edit
Just noticed post 1 is from 2012
68kHacker has not logged into FT for some years: Last Activity: May 22, 12 11:54 pm

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 27, 2015 at 10:00 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yogavnture
united and star alliance is best. ba and their cohorts the worst
This is based on your poorly-informed rant here?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ine-earth.html

Why are you replying to a post that appears to be over three years old?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.