Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 30, 12, 2:21 pm   #511
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 413
Question on the park plaza 50k giveaway. Does the bonus come as regular club carlson points? Whe do they say I will get a free night at another Park Plaza hotel, can I also use it at any radisson etc?
amrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 4:05 pm   #512
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canadia
Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Posts: 1,557
It's all in the terms & conditions
jerry305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 5:52 pm   #513
  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrom View Post
Question on the park plaza 50k giveaway. Does the bonus come as regular club carlson points? Whe do they say I will get a free night at another Park Plaza hotel, can I also use it at any radisson etc?
Yes, all of these promos give Club Carlson points that can be used at any hotel, Radisson, Radisson Blu, Country Inn & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza, or Art Hotel.
IkeEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 12, 9:36 pm   #514
  
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WAS
Programs: Lotz
Posts: 1,381
Park Inn Harrisburg, PA Review

Just completed my stay here and since it's the only Park Inn on the Mid-Atlantic East Coast I imagine I won't be the only FTer staying there in next few weeks.

The Park Inn is actually in Mechanicsburg which is about a 15 minute drive down US 11 from Harrisburg. It's an older very large motel with doors outside (no internal halls). It has a beautiful swimming pool, a minature golf course, and a picnic grounds with long picnic tables. The restaurant "Legends" is affordable and very good.

The rooms are sort of La Quinta quality. You won't be tempted to take home any of the supplied toiletries either. The desk staff is very present but overworked as this is a huge motel. The cleaning staff is friendly and very good. The hotel is pet-friendly (meaning you can sneak a dog in or pay the fee).

Harrisburg is just about 80 miles north of Baltimore, 90 from Philadelphia and 100 from DC, all connected by very good interstates. Downtown is very beautiful and historic with a huge riverfront park and the beautiful state capital. Definitely one of the more beautiful state capital cities. Three waterfront deck cafes on the south shore are the rave. Hersey and Hersey Park are just outside of town. There's a big discount center in Hersey, and the free "Chocolate World" tour on a fun conveyor belt show. Carlisle Fairgrounds, south of the hotel is home to car shows constantly. (Chevy Nationals, Ford Nationals, Corvette Nationals, etc. Most of the guests are visiting those car shows. Gettysburg (!) and Lancaster (Amish country) are both about a half-hour drive away. So is York, home of Harley Davidson and York Barbells and a lot of history.

For those needing Radisson and Country Inns, there are also those in Harrisburg, so a 3-day weekend could hit all three.

The rates at the Park Inn are in the $100 range with gov't rates about $85.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jul 7, 12 at 8:37 pm
tassojunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 12, 5:01 am   #515
  
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrom View Post
Question on the park plaza 50k giveaway. Does the bonus come as regular club carlson points? Whe do they say I will get a free night at another Park Plaza hotel, can I also use it at any radisson etc?
Did you read the terms & conditions? You get 50K Club Carlson points and they can be used the same as all other Club Carlson points in your account.
DCBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 12, 9:45 pm   #516
  
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Just a heads up, when using the BRG, make sure you capture a screen shot of the cheaper price.

I submitted a BRG for rate that was cheaper on June 28th. Today, July 2nd, I still didn't receive an email or phone call about the BRG. I called in and a customer service rep helped me get the match rate with 25% discount... only after I emailed her a screen shot displaying the cheaper price for the same room.

I was pretty annoyed that I had to do this manually instead of getting a match done automatically after filing a claim. Be careful in the future when using BRG.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 10:47 am   #517
  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
Just a heads up, when using the BRG, make sure you capture a screen shot of the cheaper price.
I agree about getting the screenshot; however here is some food for thought. I did a BRG in May. I booked the room, after seeing the better price on Travelocity, and submitted BRG claim withing10 mins of booking. It took a few days for CC to respond, and in the process (due to the BRG Claim?? maybe) the rate changed on Travelocity, going up. They did match and discount 25%, but off of the new higher rate.

I went back and forth with them providing screenshots of the rate I saw, but it was extremely aggravating and I eventually gave up. Every time I would email, they would ask me to send my proof again in a different way as they could not open the attachment, or it was too large, or place it in the body, or our email system is blocking attachments. Every excuse in the book as to why they could not see my proof was given to me. I began copying other people I knew on the correspondence and CC was the only one "having a problem" with anything I sent. I tried resizing, attachments in different forms, pasting in the body etc……………... Eventually I just gave up over getting the difference because each email I sent took at least 24 hours for them to respond.

So if you have to use your screenshot to prove your stance be prepared for a great big run around. If you are more persistent than I was you will probably win, but prepare for a hassle. You might have better luck if you called, got someone on the phone and had them hold while you tried each method they requested. They might give up first if you keep them on the phone waiting.

Last edited by mia; Jul 4, 12 at 11:26 am
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 11:24 am   #518
  
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texarkana TX
Programs: Hy Dia,Choice Dia,MR Plt,PCR Plt,HH Gd, SPG Gd,Carlson Sil, CO Plt, UA Prem Exec, DL FO, Hertz #1GD
Posts: 997
Just to confirm before I book.

Can I check in and pay for family members rooms and the points still be earned if the cc doesn't match?

Also can I stay at both a radisson and park inn on the same night and earn both bonuses at the same time?
stallion114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 12:15 pm   #519
Suspended
  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
Just completed my stay here and since it's the only Park Inn on the Mid-Atlantic East Coast I imagine I won't be the only FTer staying there in next few weeks.

The Park Inn is actually in Mechanicsburg which is about a 15 minute drive down US 11 from Harrisburg. It's an older very large motel with doors outside (no internal halls). It has a beautiful swimming pool, a minature golf course, and a picnic grounds with long picnic tables. The restaurant "Legends" is affordable and very good.

The rooms are sort of La Quinta quality. You won't be tempted to take home any of the supplied toiletries either. The desk staff is very present but overworked as this is a huge motel. The cleaning staff is friendly and very good. The hotel is pet-friendly (meaning you can sneak a dog in or pay the fee).

Harrisburg is just about 80 miles north of Baltimore, 90 from Philadelphia and 100 from DC, all connected by very good interstates. Downtown is very beautiful and historic with a huge riverfront park and the beautiful state capital. Definitely one of the more beautiful state capital cities. Hersey and Hersey Park are just outside of town. There's a big discount center in Hersey and the Hersey factory tour. Gettysburg (!) and Lancaster (Amish country) are both about a half-hour drive away. So is York, home of Harley Davidson and York Barbells and a lot of history.

For those needing Radisson and Country Inns, there are also those in Harrisburg, so a 3-day weekend could hit all three.

The rates at the Park Inn are in the $100 range with gov't rates about $85.
It sounds like this is a trip to do on my motorcycle!
krpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 12:53 pm   #520
  
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

When I checked in, I didn't have to pay anything. The rate is already paid for online.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 4:05 am   #521
  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator8 View Post
I agree about getting the screenshot; however here is some food for thought. I did a BRG in May. I booked the room, after seeing the better price on Travelocity, and submitted BRG claim withing10 mins of booking. It took a few days for CC to respond, and in the process (due to the BRG Claim?? maybe) the rate changed on Travelocity, going up. They did match and discount 25%, but off of the new higher rate.

I went back and forth with them providing screenshots of the rate I saw, but it was extremely aggravating and I eventually gave up. Every time I would email, they would ask me to send my proof again in a different way as they could not open the attachment, or it was too large, or place it in the body, or our email system is blocking attachments. Every excuse in the book as to why they could not see my proof was given to me. I began copying other people I knew on the correspondence and CC was the only one "having a problem" with anything I sent. I tried resizing, attachments in different forms, pasting in the body etc……………... Eventually I just gave up over getting the difference because each email I sent took at least 24 hours for them to respond.

So if you have to use your screenshot to prove your stance be prepared for a great big run around. If you are more persistent than I was you will probably win, but prepare for a hassle. You might have better luck if you called, got someone on the phone and had them hold while you tried each method they requested. They might give up first if you keep them on the phone waiting.
They do provide a fax number for you to send your screenshots in to. There response time is a little better and you don't have to deal with the run around.

My first attempt at an attachment to an email said their email system could not open attachments and to attach it to the body of the email. I skipped it and went straight to fax.

The fax number is:

402-501-9166
DrSifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 7:52 am   #522
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DFW
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion114 View Post
Just to confirm before I book.

Can I check in and pay for family members rooms and the points still be earned if the cc doesn't match?

Also can I stay at both a radisson and park inn on the same night and earn both bonuses at the same time?
I'm not sure about your second question, but as to your first, i checked in to a park inn along with my girlfriend..i used my credit card for both rooms and the points for both of us have posted. So you should be good to go at that point.

As a side note, we have both completed our stays for all hotels on top of last years promo...all told, we'll be sitting on 411K points, or 8 nights at a radisson blue. Pretty sweet...some hotel stays i actually used, but most were mattress runs and those I got for less than $65 a night locally in DFW.
Mrgolfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 1:04 pm   #523
In Memoriam
  
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Southern California
Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Posts: 2,910
We just booked a weekend trip to MSP using AA miles (Citi reduced award--17.5K times 2=35K minus 10% miles rebated= 31.5K used). Since we needed hotel, we each booked one night at the Park Plaza in Bloomington. Used the cash & points for the following: (1st night: $54 + 5K pts and 2nd night: $52 + 5K pts). Not too bad. I am Gold and my night is first. I will try to see what works out on upgrades and keep the same (hopefully upgraded ) room for my wife's 2nd night.

Another 50K pp and I told my wife that the MSP area has the largest mall in the USA. (I won't tell her that the mall in Canada is larger ).

May do other sightseeing too. Got decent flight times & it is before the promo ends. Trip is quick--Sat to Monday. No vacation time used.
chemist661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 4:25 pm   #524
Suspended
  
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
stayed at country inn on 3rd july, & 4rth july mine and wife's account. waiting for the 44k points.
emptiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 5:01 pm   #525
  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MSP
Programs: DL Gold, 1 MM
Posts: 677
Booking vs. staying

Does the promotion actually require a stay before July 15th or does it require you book the room before July 15th. Milemonster seems to indicate that all you have to do is book by the 15th.

http://www.milemonster.com/2012/05/1...ight-giveaway/
drminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top