Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
All offers are expired/dead as of March 31, 2017

AA: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

United: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01

Delta: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

Update as of May 21, 2014 - in recent weeks some people have reported being told that they are no longer eligible for this offer, in spite of meeting the previous terms and conditions. Some Fidelity representatives are saying that these offers are targeted. Note the bold words in the the terms and conditions below - "Other terms and conditions may apply."

The funds or securities must stay in the account for 9 months
The offer may be repeated every 365 days if the terms were met (rolling 12 months)
The funds may not already be in a Fidelity account, but must be sourced from elsewhere

If you are moving funds or securities out of Fidelity, with intent to move it back to claim this bonus, members have recommended to keep the funds/securities out for at least 3 months to avoid risk of losing eligibility for the deposit. Some have been told unofficially by advisers 30 days. YMMV.

Members who have pulled funds/deposits out within 9 months have reported they were allowed to keep the miles, but were banned for life from being able to repeat the offer.

Added September 26, 2016:

Any withdrawals from the account during the qualification period will count against the total deposited. This includes dividends upon you may dependent to live. So be sure to transfer assets whose value covers the minimum you need plus any you might withdraw during those 60 days.

It is strongly suggested you register for the offer you want by calling Fidelity's Promotion Department at (800)544-5315, as the online registration has been flaky in the past. Also, if you have high net worth, a "High Net Worth supervisor" may be able to help - simply call the Premium Services number on your account statement to find someone who has the power to do most anything. Get the name and phone number of the person you spoke with and ask him or her to note in your account that you have been approved, and by whom. Then, if after you transfer assets you get an email saying you are not eligible for the offer for which you registered (yes, this has happened), call the rep again, asking to read the notes on your account. You will probably be told that the email was automated and was sent in error and that they will hand babysit the funding and resultant miles.

If the registration page tells you are not eligible because you have had the offer before, call one of the above numbers. You are eligible after on year. That year probably starts counting when the miles are awarded, not when you register or when you add assets.

Trusts require extra caution on their part. Sometimes they require that you give them a lot of paperwork for trusts. If you have a local Fidelity office, just bring in everything required and they will copy and mail it for you. Easy. Otherwise, just mail it in. If upon trying to register online you are informed that your Revocable Living Trust account is not eligible, well, just call one of the above numbers, because it is eligible. They just have to verify a few things and then override the system. They want to know that you are the only trustee and the only beneficiary.

From the Terms and Conditions page:

Promotional Offer Rules:

This promotional offer is only available to new or existing Fidelity brokerage account customers opening or depositing net new assets into a joint or individual nonretirement Fidelity Account®. Net new assets are defined as an individual’s external new money in minus money out, including distributions and transfers.

This offer expires September 30, 2014, and is not transferable or valid in conjunction with any other Fidelity promotional offer. Fidelity Investments reserves the right to modify, change, or alter the terms and conditions of the promotional offer in its sole discretion at any time. Fidelity Investments may terminate this promotional offer at any time. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Promotional offers are limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months.
The promotion is not available for business accounts; trust accounts; mutual fund only accounts; retirement accounts, including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP, and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); 529 college savings plan accounts (i.e. college investment trust accounts); Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc. (for example, Portfolio Advisory Services); Institutional Wealth Services (IWS) clients; clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments; annuities; and Stock Plan Services accounts. Offer is not valid for non-U.S. residents; persons affiliated with FINRA, a securities exchange or its members; employees of Fidelity, its affiliates, and members of their immediate families and households; or the media.

Certain states and local jurisdictions have laws that limit or restrict public employees from accepting items of value from vendors such as Fidelity that provide services to public institutions. Some public entities such as governments, state universities, health care organizations, etc., also have internal policies that may contain similar restrictions. If you are a public official or employee, you should determine if one of these laws or internal policies applies to you. By accepting this incentive, we assume that you are in compliance with your jurisdiction's laws and institution's internal policies.

Transferred assets will be valued, for the purposes of determining eligibility for this promotional offer, at the close of business Eastern time on the business day or next business day, if on a weekend day or holiday, following receipt by Fidelity Investments of the assets into the account that is eligible for the promotional offer. Funding must come from an external, non-Fidelity source via any standard monetary transfer method (a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit, etc.). Please allow eight weeks from the funding of the eligible account, with the qualifying dollar amount of assets, for American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to be posted to your AAdvantage® account. Your Fidelity Account® must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.

New accounts must be opened within 30 days of registering for the offer. Additional deposits to the eligible Fidelity account may earn you a higher mileage award provided the result is that the cumulative assets meet or exceed the next eligibility tier (up to a maximum of 50,000 AAdvantage® miles). For new accounts, initial and subsequent deposits must be made within 60 days of Fidelity account opening. For new money deposited into existing accounts, all deposits must be made within 60 days of registering for the offer.
Print Wikipost

Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
using the links in the wiki some family accounts see

"Unable to sign up for the [American or United] Offer
You are not eligible to sign up for this Offer due to the reason(s) listed below:

We apologize, but this offer is not available to all Fidelity customers."

and others go to a page that asks for the ff number and confirms enrollment after entering the required information. hth.
Helps immensely this is exactly the information I needed.

I thank you sir.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618
Helps immensely this is exactly the information I needed.

I thank you sir.
happy to help!!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:58 am

For 15,000 bonus miles.. what are the odds (honestly) that Fidelity will claw the miles back? I have had an emergency come up and should withdraw my funds ASAP instead of leaving the funds for 9 months. I know that Fidelity has the legal right to claw them back (the miles were deposited last month) but I have used the Fidelity trading platform a few times and need to take the funds back earlier than expected.

Thanks for any experiences, insight, or thoughts into this matter.

edit: it's my first time ever doing this promotion.. so I have not repeatedly done this promotion
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:56 pm

guys - if you fund the entire 100k immediately on a new fidelity account for delta miles, how long do they take to credit the miles? - thx
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I don't think anyone can tell you the "odds" - but - I do know of someone who had their miles clawed back. I think he had left his money with Fidelity for about 6 weeks.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:28 pm

and others go to a page that asks for the ff number and confirms enrollment after entering the required information. hth.
Yes, this is what I got when I clicked through the FT link (did this earlier this week).

I entered my FF number and went through the steps and funded my account with $25k.

I got an email from Fidelity a couple days later that said "Thank you for signing up for the special Fidelity Account® offer for American Airlines AAdvantage® members—you're that much closer to earning up to 50,000 miles. Simply fund your account with the required minimum and you'll be on your way. "

And they had a link to "Check your offer status". When I click the link it shows:

Offer signup date: 01/25/2015
Status: Pending. You have until 03/26/2015 to get rewarded.
Amount funded: $25,000.00

I wonder if the bonus miles will only post after 3/26? Have people funded only 25k and gotten bonus miles before the final date?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I funded a new account with $100K in securities in April 2013 and received the 50K United bonus. All those securities are still in the account untouched. I'm trying to fund again but am coming up with the "We apologize, but this offer is not available to all Fidelity customers" notice.

When you folks who are entering your United Mileage # to circumvent this notice, where are you doing so? Are you using the "Open and fund a New Account" option? I tried that option...input my name and FF#, then selected Brokerage and Cash Management Account. After that point it seems to be asking info to set up a new account. Is that what folks are doing?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:47 pm

I just got approved for this offer for the second time. Last withdrawal of monies over 3 months ago and last applied 15 months ago.

Had one stock worth about $10,000 about $13,000 in cash and another $10,000 divided between 3 different mutual funds.

Just put in the $100k for the United Miles
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experience on how much time it takes to get Fidelity's bonus miles into your UA account? I remember that it's pretty quick. I deposited $100K more than 2 weeks ago. I have an award ticket I want to book with those 50,000 miles, so I'm getting antsy. Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Any recent experience on how much time it takes to get Fidelity's bonus miles into your UA account? I remember that it's pretty quick. I deposited $100K more than 2 weeks ago. I have an award ticket I want to book with those 50,000 miles, so I'm getting antsy. Thanks.
Call them. Reps have always been nice and helpful to me.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by filmimiles
Yes, this is what I got when I clicked through the FT link (did this earlier this week).

I entered my FF number and went through the steps and funded my account with $25k.

I got an email from Fidelity a couple days later that said "Thank you for signing up for the special Fidelity Account® offer for American Airlines AAdvantage® members—you're that much closer to earning up to 50,000 miles. Simply fund your account with the required minimum and you'll be on your way. "

And they had a link to "Check your offer status". When I click the link it shows:

Offer signup date: 01/25/2015
Status: Pending. You have until 03/26/2015 to get rewarded.
Amount funded: $25,000.00

I wonder if the bonus miles will only post after 3/26? Have people funded only 25k and gotten bonus miles before the final date?
Originally Posted by iahphx
Check your ff accounts!! Happy to report that for the first time I didn't have to "remind" fidelity to give me or a family member miles!! Miles were deposited into my and another family member's united accounts on 2/6. Funds / assets deposited on 1/22 and 1/23. Hope everyone else gets their miles soon
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check your ff accounts!! Happy to report that for the first time I didn't have to "remind" fidelity to give me or a family member miles!! Miles were deposited into my and another family member's united accounts on 2/6. Funds / assets deposited on 1/22 and 1/23. Hope everyone else gets their miles soon
Yup, they magically appeared, without me making a phone call. I guess it took a total of 16 days from funding to miles in UA account. That's pretty fast, I think. Miles already spent on award ticket, which fortunately was still available. As Tom Petty would say, the wa-a-aiting was the hardest part.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:59 pm

I'm thinking of transferring my holdings from my Etrade brokerage account to Fidelity and keeping it for 9 months, getting the miles, then transferring it to Vanguard for 4 months before going back to Fidelity for another 9 months and a bunch of miles. Any pitfalls to this strategy? Any reason NOT to do it?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:28 am

Application from same family

are there any restrictions for a 2nd person in the same household applying for a new account and getting the offer? Thx
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sam007
are there any restrictions for a 2nd person in the same household applying for a new account and getting the offer? Thx
No, not really; it must be a separate account with a separate SSN. Mrs KMA and I have each done this offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.