Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
All offers are expired/dead as of March 31, 2017

AA: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

United: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01

Delta: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

Update as of May 21, 2014 - in recent weeks some people have reported being told that they are no longer eligible for this offer, in spite of meeting the previous terms and conditions. Some Fidelity representatives are saying that these offers are targeted. Note the bold words in the the terms and conditions below - "Other terms and conditions may apply."

The funds or securities must stay in the account for 9 months
The offer may be repeated every 365 days if the terms were met (rolling 12 months)
The funds may not already be in a Fidelity account, but must be sourced from elsewhere

If you are moving funds or securities out of Fidelity, with intent to move it back to claim this bonus, members have recommended to keep the funds/securities out for at least 3 months to avoid risk of losing eligibility for the deposit. Some have been told unofficially by advisers 30 days. YMMV.

Members who have pulled funds/deposits out within 9 months have reported they were allowed to keep the miles, but were banned for life from being able to repeat the offer.

Added September 26, 2016:

Any withdrawals from the account during the qualification period will count against the total deposited. This includes dividends upon you may dependent to live. So be sure to transfer assets whose value covers the minimum you need plus any you might withdraw during those 60 days.

It is strongly suggested you register for the offer you want by calling Fidelity's Promotion Department at (800)544-5315, as the online registration has been flaky in the past. Also, if you have high net worth, a "High Net Worth supervisor" may be able to help - simply call the Premium Services number on your account statement to find someone who has the power to do most anything. Get the name and phone number of the person you spoke with and ask him or her to note in your account that you have been approved, and by whom. Then, if after you transfer assets you get an email saying you are not eligible for the offer for which you registered (yes, this has happened), call the rep again, asking to read the notes on your account. You will probably be told that the email was automated and was sent in error and that they will hand babysit the funding and resultant miles.

If the registration page tells you are not eligible because you have had the offer before, call one of the above numbers. You are eligible after on year. That year probably starts counting when the miles are awarded, not when you register or when you add assets.

Trusts require extra caution on their part. Sometimes they require that you give them a lot of paperwork for trusts. If you have a local Fidelity office, just bring in everything required and they will copy and mail it for you. Easy. Otherwise, just mail it in. If upon trying to register online you are informed that your Revocable Living Trust account is not eligible, well, just call one of the above numbers, because it is eligible. They just have to verify a few things and then override the system. They want to know that you are the only trustee and the only beneficiary.

From the Terms and Conditions page:

Promotional Offer Rules:

This promotional offer is only available to new or existing Fidelity brokerage account customers opening or depositing net new assets into a joint or individual nonretirement Fidelity Account®. Net new assets are defined as an individual’s external new money in minus money out, including distributions and transfers.

This offer expires September 30, 2014, and is not transferable or valid in conjunction with any other Fidelity promotional offer. Fidelity Investments reserves the right to modify, change, or alter the terms and conditions of the promotional offer in its sole discretion at any time. Fidelity Investments may terminate this promotional offer at any time. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Promotional offers are limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months.
The promotion is not available for business accounts; trust accounts; mutual fund only accounts; retirement accounts, including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP, and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); 529 college savings plan accounts (i.e. college investment trust accounts); Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc. (for example, Portfolio Advisory Services); Institutional Wealth Services (IWS) clients; clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments; annuities; and Stock Plan Services accounts. Offer is not valid for non-U.S. residents; persons affiliated with FINRA, a securities exchange or its members; employees of Fidelity, its affiliates, and members of their immediate families and households; or the media.

Certain states and local jurisdictions have laws that limit or restrict public employees from accepting items of value from vendors such as Fidelity that provide services to public institutions. Some public entities such as governments, state universities, health care organizations, etc., also have internal policies that may contain similar restrictions. If you are a public official or employee, you should determine if one of these laws or internal policies applies to you. By accepting this incentive, we assume that you are in compliance with your jurisdiction's laws and institution's internal policies.

Transferred assets will be valued, for the purposes of determining eligibility for this promotional offer, at the close of business Eastern time on the business day or next business day, if on a weekend day or holiday, following receipt by Fidelity Investments of the assets into the account that is eligible for the promotional offer. Funding must come from an external, non-Fidelity source via any standard monetary transfer method (a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit, etc.). Please allow eight weeks from the funding of the eligible account, with the qualifying dollar amount of assets, for American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to be posted to your AAdvantage® account. Your Fidelity Account® must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.

New accounts must be opened within 30 days of registering for the offer. Additional deposits to the eligible Fidelity account may earn you a higher mileage award provided the result is that the cumulative assets meet or exceed the next eligibility tier (up to a maximum of 50,000 AAdvantage® miles). For new accounts, initial and subsequent deposits must be made within 60 days of Fidelity account opening. For new money deposited into existing accounts, all deposits must be made within 60 days of registering for the offer.
Print Wikipost

Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 5:43 pm

Has anyone who signed up under the new system (sometime in Apr) received their miles yet?

My first $25k cleared last week, and I'm getting no miles!!!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Has anyone who signed up under the new system (sometime in Apr) received their miles yet?

Mine posted the 18th calendar day after deposit.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:49 pm

Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points ONLY

I was told it will be 3-5 weeks, but hopefully sooner. Will post when rec'd.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:03 pm

Try having some patience, it takes awhile
Old May 4, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold

I started cycling 4/13, reached 100k with three 35k deposits. Received an email 5/2 that my 50k AA would post within 3-5 weeks . . . but they had already posted on 5/1.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
I started cycling 4/13, reached 100k with three 35k deposits. Received an email 5/2 that my 50k AA would post within 3-5 weeks . . . but they had already posted on 5/1.
When did you sign up for the offer?
Old May 4, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by napilimom
When did you sign up for the offer?
AA: 4/13, first funding was available for trade or transfer on 4/19
Apple: 4/15
Old May 4, 2012, 10:43 am

Need some assistance, I did one big transfer for the promotion.

Signed up for UA on March 22, on April 14 got notification I will get the offer soon.

That same day I checked points were there.

On April 15 signed up for Delta promotion, just did a small transfer, kept same balance there.

I still don't see the Delta points, how long should this generally take? Or do I need cycle the balance? Or re-sign up that promotion?

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2012, 11:16 am

Have you actually received the Apple gift card yet or do you know that it is confirmed? I deposited the entire $100,000 in increments with no churning and never got ANY miles deposited in UA since mid April. Called Fidelity today to confirm link and was told entire mileage would credit soon, but they limit you to one deal so Apple would have been dropped. Just wonder if it is worth cycling to get up to 150 or 300 in hopes I will still receive Apple, as again no confirmation of any kind that I am set up with them.

Has anyone received both this month? Thanks
Old May 4, 2012, 11:25 am

Im in a similar situation
Old May 4, 2012, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by joogle
Need some assistance, I did one big transfer for the promotion.

Signed up for UA on March 22, on April 14 got notification I will get the offer soon.

That same day I checked points were there.

On April 15 signed up for Delta promotion, just did a small transfer, kept same balance there.

I still don't see the Delta points, how long should this generally take? Or do I need cycle the balance? Or re-sign up that promotion?

Thanks!
If you had bothered to read the thread you would know that Fido killed being able to do multiple airlines after April 1st. There is nothing you can do to get the Delta since you signed up for it on April 15th.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
It doesn't sound at all like cycling is done. Multiple people have posted in this thread during April that cycled and got their 50k miles.

It definitely sounds like double dipping on Airline promotions is done.
Cycling is dead. Those people you're referencing cycled in mid-April. No reports of anyone being successful at the end of April.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati
Cycling is dead. Those people you're referencing cycled in mid-April. No reports of anyone being successful at the end of April.
Where are the data points that suggest that it's dead?? Just because people having posted any data points suggesting otherwise doesn't mean that...
Old May 4, 2012, 8:54 pm

Kind of catching up on this thread. What is the link for these Fidelity offers?
Old May 4, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by allinone
Kind of catching up on this thread. What is the link for these Fidelity offers?
Wow. You're "catching up" but can't be bothered to read the first freak'n post in this thread?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.